The Greatest Rock Movie (s)
May 16, 2006 at 5:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 71

chadbang

Headphoneus Supremus
So what your nomination? I can be a documentary, concert film, fictional film. There are so many good ones I just thought I'd try to mine some I haven't seen. I guess I better start by throwing some out.

"The Kids are Alright" I loved this to death when it came out and it cemented by devotion as a fan of The Who. Some of the Ringo/Keith Moon stuff is annoying and out of place, but the vintage footage is pure magic.

"Grace of My Heart" On a completely different note, this quiet movie starring Illeana Douglas captured my heart for some reason. It starts with the Tin Pan Alley writers at the Brill building and the girl group and follows rock up the Matt Dillon as a wigged out Brian Wilson. A nice little film about rock.

Next....?

May 16, 2006 at 6:08 AM Post #2 of 71
I don't really know any, but I did like that Bill and Ted where they became wild stallions, and sang "god gave roll and roll to you" by kiss . . .

May 16, 2006 at 6:14 AM Post #3 of 71
Rocky Horror Picture Show
Spinal Tap

Both are amazing.

May 16, 2006 at 6:14 AM Post #4 of 71
The Rocky Horror Picture Show. An early 20-something Susan Sarandon writhing around in her skivvies singing "Toucha-toucha-touch me...I wanna be dirty" gets me every time.

May 16, 2006 at 1:07 PM Post #9 of 71
The greatest rock movie of all time is "The Girl Can't Help It", with "Purple Rain" a close second.

May 16, 2006 at 7:20 PM Post #13 of 71
This is Spinal Tap, of course!
my dad took me to see it in the theater when i was 12.

and just to be a person, i'll nominate 200 Motels.

May 16, 2006 at 7:21 PM Post #14 of 71
this is spinal tap
stop making sense
the grateful dead movie
gimme shelter
woodstock
hard day's night
quadrophenia

May 16, 2006 at 7:46 PM Post #15 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeless
I've always liked School of Rock...

Definately a top contestant

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpr703
This is Spinal Tap of course! Check the avatar and then "Smell the Glove."

Awesome movie!

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned "The Song Remains The Same". It's a concert movie but it's a classic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back