The great DAP scam...
Jan 11, 2023 at 7:14 AM Post #181 of 186
Amir measured an 'AC Regenerator'. PS Audio didn't like the results.
Okay thanks! Just watched the YT video you linked. Entertaining for sure. I have watched some of Amir's YT videos, but not enough. The videos of BS Audio are entertaining too, but for other reasons.

Jan 23, 2023 at 10:53 PM Post #182 of 186
I have a love/hate relationship with DAPs. I like the convenience of physical buttons, ease of use and more power compared to your average phone, but I certainly, at no point, do I believe is giving me better sound quality. Not audibly, at least.
I'm pretty convinced that anything other than the entry level DAPs are a scam if their selling point is better sound quality.
However, I'm just a newb at this. So, is there any evidence whatsoever that ultra expensive DAPs like the A&K, can do anything (soundwise) that you can't do with a phone and a cheap amp?

Yeah I did some comparisons with an internal computer motherboard DAC with emi shielding with a separate DAC and noticed no difference. That’s why I usually stick with mid level fiio Or entry level ibasso. These days though, I’m rocking the AirPod 2 pro’s mostly, they are just so convienent and the spatial audio is a pretty nice sounding feature. My inner wannabe audiophile screams no, turn it off, but my ears scream yes turn it up.

Jan 24, 2023 at 4:29 AM Post #183 of 186
It's so damn convenient to just carry my iPhone and AirPods 2 pros. I could get better sound, but it wouldn't be THAT much better and it would be a lot harder to fit that any my phone in a shirt pocket. Convenience is an important factor too. It isn't all about sound quality.

Jan 27, 2023 at 12:11 AM Post #185 of 186
It's so damn convenient to just carry my iPhone and AirPods 2 pros. I could get better sound, but it wouldn't be THAT much better and it would be a lot harder to fit that any my phone in a shirt pocket. Convenience is an important factor too. It isn't all about sound quality.
Now you're confusing me. You have stated repeatedly that bluetooth is audibly transparent but now it sounds like its a comprmise between sound quality and convenience. What difference does it make that BT is transparent if that transparency is unavailable to us?

Jan 27, 2023 at 1:37 AM Post #186 of 186
Bluetooth is transparent, and it's convenient. That isn't the problem. The sound quality of AirPods 2 pros is very good, but not as good as my full size cans. The limitation in just about any system isn't the electronics and it certainly isn't how you pass the signal from one component to another. It's the transducers. I could carry around full sized headphones and get better sound quality, but there is convenience in only needing my phone and AirPods.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back