The Grado HF2--It's For Real
Jun 3, 2009 at 5:11 PM Post #1,276 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by Grimspoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think I must be the only one who likes the fresh, solid feel of new, unused bowl pads. So much so that I'm almost tempted to pop my extra bowl pads on my GS1ki.

I even like the chemical smell (Polyurethane?) of the foam fresh out of the package!

You're not alone, i can't stand mushy bowls. And that 'New Grado Smell' is a thing of beauty...

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoYouRight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
everyday is painful its been over 2 weeks since I ordered and I am not used to waiting more than 5 days max and it's really hard, when is he going to charge credit cards?

Hopefully when the dollar has got a bit weaker; when i ordered the exchange rate was 1.40 something to the pound, it's now 1.62, which including shipping and a set of flats is £20 less now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dear God, why would you use such nice and exclusive 'phones for on-the-go?
frown.gif

I listen to my RS1s out of my portable rig, although not on the go. If i had to spend a lot of time on the road and in hotel rooms then i'd be content to use them in this way.

Jun 3, 2009 at 7:43 PM Post #1,278 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by myk7000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol i love how you ignore it while writing on this thread, nice.

Yeah... and now I'm reading it again... This is hard. I can't afford those right now, we just had a baby...

Jun 3, 2009 at 7:45 PM Post #1,279 of 2,859
I do
biggrin.gif

Jun 3, 2009 at 7:46 PM Post #1,280 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by dan1son /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah... and now I'm reading it again... This is hard. I can't afford those right now, we just had a baby...

I feel your pain! I financed my recent purchases with money I got from selling off old gear. There have been several times I've almost caved to buy something and then I see my sweet little girl...puts it all in perspective!

Now I just need to find some more junk from the basement to sell!! Oh wait, I have a bunch of homemade power cords for sale in the FS forum...maybe everyone should go check it out...
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 3, 2009 at 8:00 PM Post #1,281 of 2,859
you can borrow mine once they arrive if you want...there should still be time to decide...

*n/m...looks like you already ordered yourself some
cool.gif

Jun 3, 2009 at 9:02 PM Post #1,282 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by indydieselnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I feel your pain! I financed my recent purchases with money I got from selling off old gear. There have been several times I've almost caved to buy something and then I see my sweet little girl...puts it all in perspective!

Now I just need to find some more junk from the basement to sell!! Oh wait, I have a bunch of homemade power cords for sale in the FS forum...maybe everyone should go check it out...
smily_headphones1.gif

Looking at your sig, I see you have a Decware CSP2 on order. I say cancel that order and you'll be able to afford two HF-2s!

Jun 3, 2009 at 9:42 PM Post #1,283 of 2,859
I want more pictures, this HF2 looks good!

Jun 3, 2009 at 10:04 PM Post #1,286 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by vvanrij /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I want more pictures, this HF2 looks good!

Yeah you guys who already have them, more pictures!
Ones that show off the lettering well would be great.

I pre-ordered also the moment I saw the thread, but us EU guys probably won't get them until at least end June.

Jun 3, 2009 at 10:27 PM Post #1,287 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by tk3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah you guys who already have them, more pictures!
Ones that show off the lettering well would be great.

I pre-ordered also the moment I saw the thread, but us EU guys probably won't get them until at least end June.

The lettering is in a faint white silk-screen like on the PS-1000, so it is hard to see and even harder to get a good photo of it.

Jun 3, 2009 at 10:52 PM Post #1,288 of 2,859
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The lettering is in a faint white silk-screen like on the PS-1000, so it is hard to see and even harder to get a good photo of it.

I don't know exactly what you mean by silkscreen, but is there any chance that the lettering will rub off through normal use? I sincerely hope not.

Jun 3, 2009 at 11:03 PM Post #1,290 of 2,859
Right now I'm looking for some headphones to complement my HD650s for rock (not anything really heavy) and electronic/dance music. Right now I'm deciding between the HF-2 and DT880s (600 ohm). In the past, I stayed away from Grado's because of their lack of bass - do the HF-2's have more bass than the DT880s? There is quite a dramatic price difference as well so I'm considering that too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back