The geneology thread (or "Know your fellow Head-Fi'ers")
Nov 2, 2002 at 8:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

Budgie

Never looks a gift amp in the jackhole.
It's time to fess up, fellow Head-Fi'ers. Do you have any famous, (or infamous) relatives in your past or present?

I am actually a descendent of one of the few survivors of the Donner Party. My great Grandmother several generations back was the surviving daughter of one of the Donner families.(true story) Maybe someday I will post some recipies from the family cook book. My favorite is Uncle Joe's ribs.

Well, how about you, what skeletons are in the family closet?

Nov 2, 2002 at 8:44 PM Post #2 of 34
My bloodlines can be traced back to the Guinness family of Ireland's Guinness beer fame. I mean, that could be the only explanation for why there's so much of it in my fridge -- and, uh, in my blood.

wink.gif

Nov 2, 2002 at 8:47 PM Post #3 of 34
Quote:

Originally posted by Budgie
It's time to fess up, fellow Head-Fi'ers. Do you have any famous, (or infamous) relatives in your past or present?

I am actually a descendant of one of the few survivors of the Donner Party. My great Grandmother several generations back was the surviving daughter of one of the Donner families.(true story) Maybe someday I will post some recipes from the family cook book. My favorite is Uncle Joe's ribs.

Well, how about you, what skeletons are in the family closet?

I've got a brother in law from the Donner clan and I know many other people who ate each other in the desert.

LOL...I hear this stuff all the time. It's quite entertaining though and I'll just bet Scrypt could contribute to this thread...big time...

smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 2, 2002 at 9:25 PM Post #5 of 34
Sam Houston is in my family tree somewhere waay back.

Nov 2, 2002 at 9:28 PM Post #6 of 34
Most of you probably couldn't care less, but my grandfather is the inventor of the soft contact lens. Not particularly famous, but a fairly worthwhile contribution, IMO.

Nov 2, 2002 at 9:58 PM Post #7 of 34
Quote:

Originally posted by LobsterSan
Most of you probably couldn't care less, but my grandfather is the inventor of the soft contact lens. Not particularly famous, but a fairly worthwhile contribution, IMO.

Your grandfather is both my hero and my hated enemy...
Contacts work well for me, but when they start to irritate, crap son.

Nov 2, 2002 at 10:30 PM Post #9 of 34
My grandmother's family came over to Massachusetts in 1634, and my dad's side of the family has entries as being in America in the late 1700's. Chet Atkins was a distant cousin of my grandfather. And as for heritage, at this point, I'm a classic mixed mutt, even 1/16 Cherokee.

Nov 2, 2002 at 11:35 PM Post #10 of 34
Well, my father's side is not that interesting, but my mum's side is: We derive from a family of hunters and foresters - the first one was mentioned around 1685. But even funnier is the fact that one of my ancestors was a person of Maximilian I von Bayern, which provides me with 1/64th share of almost royal blood - should be enough for a blue nose in the Winter, I guess...
wink.gif

Grinnings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Nov 3, 2002 at 3:40 AM Post #12 of 34
I was created from the DNA of Xerxes, Alexander, Hannibal, Caesar, Atilla, William the Conqueror, Temujin/Genghis Khan, Napoleon and Hitler. I may some day betray Cobra Commander, that wuss.

Nov 3, 2002 at 4:16 AM Post #14 of 34
Quote:

Originally posted by kelly
I was created from the DNA of Xerxes, Alexander, Hannibal, Caesar, Atilla, William the Conqueror, Temujin/Genghis Khan, Napoleon and Hitler. I may some day betray Cobra Commander, that wuss.

ser21.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back