The Future Of Sennheiser
Jun 26, 2021 at 5:16 PM Post #19 of 26
As long as Sonova is manufacturing/retaining the same lineup/products, exactly the way they were doing it before: same factory, same methods, same materials, same tooling; everything the same. Then I'm not too worried about it... however if Sonova decides to mass produce these at a different factory, using different tooling/methods, with differently sourced materials, etc... then we can only expect the quality to be off, currently we are familiar and know what to expect with how things are right now..

Let's just hope Sonova retains/maintains the popular Sennheiser consumer products that we have all known and loved for decades, so we can still buy them and know what to expect, with the same experience and quality.

Wish I could have snagged a HD 6xx or HD 8xx while still under Sennheiser ownership (though the transition phase may have not made any changes just yet), at this point I can't though due to my budget.

I had been eyeing the HD 6xx for years.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2021 at 2:01 PM Post #20 of 26
Their focus isn’t the audiophile market, like Bose the focus will be on increasing market share. Luckily, there are now a lot of headphone brands for us to pick from. There was a time Sennheiser was the top with their hd600/650 headphones, that time has past and will probably never come back. Their last true audiophile product hd800 was created a decade ago, ever since then, they have just been remarketing it with different tweaks, with little interest in creating a successor.

Jun 29, 2021 at 11:44 PM Post #22 of 26
As long as Sonova is manufacturing/retaining the same lineup/products, exactly the way they were doing it before: same factory, same methods, same materials, same tooling; everything the same. Then I'm not too worried about it... however if Sonova decides to mass produce these at a different factory, using different tooling/methods, with differently sourced materials, etc... then we can only expect the quality to be off, currently we are familiar and know what to expect with how things are right now..

Let's just hope Sonova retains/maintains the popular Sennheiser consumer products that we have all known and loved for decades, so we can still buy them and know what to expect, with the same experience and quality.

Wish I could have snagged a HD 6xx or HD 8xx while still under Sennheiser ownership (though the transition phase may have not made any changes just yet), at this point I can't though due to my budget.

I had been eyeing the HD 6xx for years.
I mean, considering the recency, if you are that paranoid, you can buy it from someone gently used that purchased within the last year. I seriously doubt Sonova has already made changes to those 2 product lines, given that they only make a relatively small fraction of the share and that if they made changes that someone would quickly call them out on that.

Jul 9, 2021 at 3:20 PM Post #25 of 26
Well ... it's been another two weeks ... and still no word from anyone at Sennheiser that can actually move this forward (despite PMs back and forth with the Sennheiser/Head-Fi rep(s) ... so not their fault).

So ... I'm officially done with trying to buy an HE 1.

Maybe I'll look at them again some time in the future. For now ... my faith in getting timely post-sales support/service is shattered. Poor pre-sales experience has never gotten better once the seller has my money.

Very disappointing.

Sep 22, 2022 at 12:17 AM Post #26 of 26
I'm waiting for them to push out a new true flagship audiophile headphone. The HD800 series is 13 years old, awaiting its successor.

Senn has been too busy with mass market audio, other business segments and existing product rehashes over recent years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back