The Future of Audio pops up in New York City
Oct 27, 2016 at 6:26 PM Post #17 of 23
I was at  Westfield World Trade Center on Oct 22nd (around 11 AM), they didn't seem to be open.
When is the WTC location expected to be open ? And will the Orpheus be available for listening in this location as well ?

Oct 27, 2016 at 9:05 PM Post #18 of 23
  I was at  Westfield World Trade Center on Oct 22nd (around 11 AM), they didn't seem to be open.
When is the WTC location expected to be open ? And will the Orpheus be available for listening in this location as well ?

It opened at the weekend I'm told -- its certainly open now (I walk past every day). I would avoid and go to the store on Prince Street -- the Oculus is a zoo and will make it hard to listen to any open headphones.

As far as I know the HE-1 is only available in Prince Street AND you have to make an appointment -- I went and had a listen -- they have a dedicated room which you need. I was with some colleagues and with them chatting in the background it was hard to appreciate (ie you need quiet which you won't get in Westfield/Oculus).

Nice headphones, but not worth $55k -- a little better than my set up, but not worth the extra (Utopia + Hugo TT)...

Oct 28, 2016 at 11:40 AM Post #19 of 23

It opened at the weekend I'm told -- its certainly open now (I walk past every day). I would avoid and go to the store on Prince Street -- the Oculus is a zoo and will make it hard to listen to any open headphones.

As far as I know the HE-1 is only available in Prince Street AND you have to make an appointment -- I went and had a listen -- they have a dedicated room which you need. I was with some colleagues and with them chatting in the background it was hard to appreciate (ie you need quiet which you won't get in Westfield/Oculus).

Nice headphones, but not worth $55k -- a little better than my set up, but not worth the extra (Utopia + Hugo TT)...

Appreciate you sharing your experience. I was thinking the same, if I want to listen to the HE-1 I should make a trip to the Price Street store instead. I may checkout the Westfield/Oculus setup, just out of curiosity since I pass by that often anyway.

Oct 29, 2016 at 11:02 PM Post #20 of 23
I posted some impressions and pics in the "original" Orpheus II (aka HE-1) thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/786512/the-sennheiser-orpheus-2-a-first-look-at-the-sennheiser-he-1-the-new-orpheus/1905#post_12971254

Nov 1, 2016 at 1:07 AM Post #21 of 23
Do you mean the Occulus Rift headset? Is it on display. That would go great with a pair of HE-1s!

Nov 3, 2016 at 8:16 PM Post #22 of 23

Users who are viewing this thread

Back