The FreQ Custom IEMs - Impressions Thread (Updates on First Page!)
Jul 30, 2008 at 5:12 PM Post #3,169 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ It was one of those online closeout stores that sell interconnect wire (like stuff from AR, monster, etc. ) and it was a clearance item. Yay for on sale!

Yay for on sale! :p

I think I understand what you're doing. You buy some thick wire and make your own pins by hardening them and rounding the tip. Then you use epoxy to make the body of the new connector, right? And the silly putty was your mold for the epoxy? I didn't realize epoxy wouldn't stick to the silly putty. That's some useful information there!
wink.gif

So you said the pins on the FreQs (and Senns) are a little bigger then 22ga?

Could you link an example of the material you could use for the pins?

I have some HD580s as well, so this process could work for both.
biggrin.gif

Aug 1, 2008 at 4:28 AM Post #3,172 of 3,960
received my freqs back after alterations by freq.. i'm quite upset...

guess what I saw when I took out my freqs.. my nail polish layers were still on there!! all 20+ layers!!! all they probably did was add a layer of acrylic over them! the layers were just for a gauge and Todd said it would look, quote him "SEAMLESS" after they do it properly. now it looks like crap...

i paid close to 90USD to have it shipped there and back and pay tax again to have it look worse and fit about the same than when I shipped it there.. hard to comprehend...

there's something really wrong with the top-down communication man...
Todd's a great guy.. but how well his team under him is i'm having doubts.. look like pretty shoddy work to me.

Aug 1, 2008 at 5:10 AM Post #3,173 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by slowth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
received my freqs back after alterations by freq.. i'm quite upset...

guess what I saw when I took out my freqs.. my nail polish layers were still on there!! all 20+ layers!!! all they probably did was add a layer of acrylic over them! the layers were just for a gauge and Todd said it would look, quote him "SEAMLESS" after they do it properly. now it looks like crap...

i paid close to 90USD to have it shipped there and back and pay tax again to have it look worse and fit about the same than when I shipped it there.. hard to comprehend...

there's something really wrong with the top-down communication man...
Todd's a great guy.. but how well his team under him is i'm having doubts.. look like pretty shoddy work to me.

calm down, my freqshow took more than 2 months to be delivered to me and there is still $20 refund is due so far.

Aug 1, 2008 at 5:45 AM Post #3,174 of 3,960
it's not so much the time taken.. that's really not the issue...

just that it came back looking the same as when it left... felt the same as when it left too.. that's the same as money down the drain isn't it?

Aug 1, 2008 at 6:12 AM Post #3,175 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by small.solar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
calm down, my freqshow took more than 2 months to be delivered to me and there is still $20 refund is due so far.

Do you not understand his dilemma? Reread his post please.

Sorry to hear that man, $90 shipping to get them worst than before. You definitely need to contact Todd, have him pay for shipping there and back to get them right. I hope you figure this out man, it's like the worst nightmare come true...
frown.gif

Aug 1, 2008 at 6:24 AM Post #3,176 of 3,960
ok the fit is not worse as before. but it's probably only as good as before...

the looks is MUCH worse than before.. the nail polish has become sorta cloudy.. unless that's their acrylic.

Aug 1, 2008 at 7:16 AM Post #3,177 of 3,960
Well, that is a little better to hear. Do you have pictures? Please post some!

If you need a pillow to scream in, I got a couple I can send to Singapore.

Are you going to contact Todd?

They don't respond to my emails anymore, all I want to know is if they've received my impressions yet. They took my money... but leave me in the dark...

Aug 1, 2008 at 8:31 AM Post #3,179 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by slowth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ok the fit is not worse as before. but it's probably only as good as before...

the looks is MUCH worse than before.. the nail polish has become sorta cloudy.. unless that's their acrylic.

Bummer. Kinda makes you wish you had used the glossy acrylic paint like me, instead of nail polish, and never shipped them back?

However, I suppose the fit and sound take priority, so how are those?

Aug 1, 2008 at 8:51 AM Post #3,180 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bummer. Kinda makes you wish you had used the glossy acrylic paint like me, instead of nail polish, and never shipped them back?

However, I suppose the fit and sound take priority, so how are those?

Can we see a picture of yours with the glossy acrylic paint? It's hobby paint right (testors, tamiya)?

If mine don't fit when they come, I might try some acrylic paint, and if it doesn't work I'll just send it back and get a refund.

I really hope the fit is decent...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back