The FreQ Custom IEMs - Impressions Thread (Updates on First Page!)
Jan 18, 2008 at 8:43 PM Post #377 of 3,960
There are no filters in most custom iems. You do not really need to jam them in, its more of a screwing motion. They are designed to fit prefectly, so you really dont need to force them.

How far they go into your ear depends on the ear impressions you have made. Most times, they will go to the "second bend" of the ear canal. I had mine done this way, and they are very comfortable; no pain at all.

Hope this helps.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 18, 2008 at 9:07 PM Post #379 of 3,960
Well you've got Ultimate ears, westone, sensaphonics, the FreQ, and livewires. I also heard there is a brand over in the U.K. that is pretty good.

Jan 18, 2008 at 9:09 PM Post #380 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by jgonino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well you've got Ultimate ears, westone, sensaphonics, the FreQ, and livewires. I also heard there is a brand over in the U.K. that is pretty good.

There is a brand in the UK?! Don't suppose you could dig out any info? I've never heard of one, but would be very interested.

Jan 18, 2008 at 9:19 PM Post #383 of 3,960
Quote:

Originally Posted by jgonino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh! one more thing; I mentioned CanJam 08 to Todd, and he said he is planning on getting a table and binging along an audiologist. How cool is that!

That is awesome.

I am curious about the Music Maker's line. Is it not available yet or what?

Jan 18, 2008 at 11:36 PM Post #386 of 3,960
Jan 19, 2008 at 1:08 AM Post #387 of 3,960
anyone who ever seen the Ultimate ears sales pitch knows better then to just rely on a client list, look, listen, ask,

someone mentioned that futuresonics were the prominent brand in the live earth concerts, so, i guess they are good,

Jan 19, 2008 at 1:26 AM Post #388 of 3,960
Just mentioned FS customs (and client list) since they don't get much play on Head-Fi, not that I've seen. Client list may be deceiving, but just more information (only one piece of the puzzle), which you need when you are spending $800. Unless, of course, money isn't an issue. But you're right, of course, it's just one thing to consider.

Jan 19, 2008 at 1:29 AM Post #389 of 3,960
Found out today my Costco doesn't have an audiologist

sadface

considering just spending around the same amount I would've for these on non-custom IEMS but they're just so tempting. I dunno if I want to spend extra time + money for them, though. :/

Jan 19, 2008 at 1:32 AM Post #390 of 3,960

Users who are viewing this thread

Back