The foobar2000 help thread. Got problems or questions? Ask here!
Jan 6, 2018 at 5:59 AM Post #452 of 787
I have been playing native dsd for a while with Foobar2000, with my cyberdrive feather dac, and also using my Fiio X3 II as a dac.

Jan 7, 2018 at 1:47 PM Post #453 of 787
Does someone know how to use 'VinylStudio' for splitting up a DSF file into its individual songs? The lazy howto manual writers only know how to take snapshots, not write coherent explanations. Thanks.

Jan 11, 2018 at 9:30 PM Post #454 of 787
Still no luck with DSD files playing on FooBar with the Korg DAC.

Jan 30, 2018 at 11:54 PM Post #456 of 787
Is there a way to get Foobar to send files or output to another player??

Feb 1, 2018 at 11:31 AM Post #458 of 787
It would help knowing what player and what exactly you're trying to achieve and why.

Foobar can act as an UPnP/DLNA server (and renderer) - if that would work for you then google foobar upnp and you should get on the right path quickly.
Hi PleasantSounds.

I have used Foobar as a renderer but would like it to send its sound to cplay. Cplay sounds better but doesnt function as a renderer. Renaissance player is a great renderer but doesnt support ASIO etc.

Thanks

Feb 1, 2018 at 12:30 PM Post #459 of 787
Hi PleasantSounds.

I have used Foobar as a renderer but would like it to send its sound to cplay. Cplay sounds better but doesnt function as a renderer. Renaissance player is a great renderer but doesnt support ASIO etc.

Thanks

foobar can be set up as a dlna server, but will be looking for dlna renderers to communicate with.

i'm not clear on why asio is so important -- what's the thinking there? (e.g. what's wrong with wasapi?)

Feb 1, 2018 at 3:20 PM Post #460 of 787
i'm not clear on why asio is so important -- what's the thinking there? (e.g. what's wrong with wasapi?)

With asio you have control. you can assign output channels to actual outputs.
A favorite asio setting of mine was
FR >> FR and FR >> RR
FL >> FL and FL >> RL

wasapi seems to do other stuff like mixing FL FR together and send it to the center.
Which results in a clipping signal. Not very nice!

Feb 1, 2018 at 3:24 PM Post #461 of 787
foobar can be set up as a dlna server, but will be looking for dlna renderers to communicate with.

Wasapi doesnt seem to work that well with my hardware or at all. Both are pro cards and asio just works. And Soeman details other benefits. And add lower latencies.

So no way to get foobar to output to another player it sounds like.

Feb 1, 2018 at 3:57 PM Post #462 of 787
Wasapi doesnt seem to work that well with my hardware or at all. Both are pro cards and asio just works. And Soeman details other benefits. And add lower latencies.

So no way to get foobar to output to another player it sounds like.

Still why Cplay? is asio from foobar not good enough?
or have you migrated to w8/10? and get ticks and pops?

Feb 1, 2018 at 11:28 PM Post #463 of 787
Still why Cplay? is asio from foobar not good enough?
or have you migrated to w8/10? and get ticks and pops?
I am not 100% i tried Foobar with ASIO in the situation i am doing currently but Cplay has always worked with any ASIO driver. Not every player works. Winamp I know doesnt with my m-audio revo sound card and at best is buggy. Not sure if Foobar works either.

Also when there were no compatibility issues to contend with, cPlay just sounded better than Foobar. Also I am not sure how foobar implements its vc which is probably not as good as cPlay does. And i think cPlay has a smaller footprint than Foobar since Foobar has many many many more but useless features.

I may be forced to use Foobar since there are few renderers that support ASIO. It seems to be the only player that does that. Winamp which I like better than foobar for sound is useless as a renderer or I cant get it and asio to work at the same time!

Feb 3, 2018 at 2:09 PM Post #464 of 787
I tried Cplay.
What: last version 2010. Build for XP (!!!!)
But it ran and sounded indeed very good.
Horrible player though.
My wasapi is f*cked up now. Asio still works ok. But wasapi became extremely noisy. I don't understand so maybe i have to do a system restore.

Still since Microsoft declared the war on audio. It all went dawn to a horrible shitshow. (vista and later)
Wasapi is the only way for feeding multi channel hi-res though HDMI. Still, MS doen't give a damn and it shows on all fronts.
But i thank god that it works. 8PCM channels upto 96Khz or 192khz for 6channel PCM.

still use my soundcard and foobar2000 but my oppo203 and nas renders a windows based player to a redundant media platform.
The only thing that works more convenient on windows is finding/adding a subtitle.

So i'm wondering if i will ever (re)build a media PC??
as for Cplay. it seems that it's still alive on linux

Feb 3, 2018 at 6:21 PM Post #465 of 787
I tried Cplay.
What: last version 2010. Build for XP (!!!!)
But it ran and sounded indeed very good.
Horrible player though.
My wasapi is f*cked up now. Asio still works ok. But wasapi became extremely noisy. I don't understand so maybe i have to do a system restore.

Still since Microsoft declared the war on audio. It all went dawn to a horrible ****show. (vista and later)
Wasapi is the only way for feeding multi channel hi-res though HDMI. Still, MS doen't give a damn and it shows on all fronts.
But i thank god that it works. 8PCM channels upto 96Khz or 192khz for 6channel PCM.

still use my soundcard and foobar2000 but my oppo203 and nas renders a windows based player to a redundant media platform.
The only thing that works more convenient on windows is finding/adding a subtitle.

So i'm wondering if i will ever (re)build a media PC??
as for Cplay. it seems that it's still alive on linux
I could have saved you the trouble. Cplay is one of the best sounding players but it only shines in the context of a cmp2 build using cmp as a windows explorer replacement and using cue sheets. It will do 1/10 what most players will do and yeah it was designed for XP since thats the smallest footprint and can be run with a much slower processor and under 512mb of ram

Here is a vid of cmp which acts as the album selector and hands the files to cplay to play. Its all conrolled buy the mouse scroll wheel so no key board or dragging the mouse around.

Its this arrangement i want to replicate just with a dlna renderer acting as cmp.

Cplay only does ASIO so no reason why it would affect the wasapi afaik. In a cmp2 build windows audio service is disabled but you have to manually do that- cplay doesnt mess with windows audio so its bizarre you are having issues. Have you rebooted?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back