The foobar2000 help thread. Got problems or questions? Ask here!
Oct 21, 2016 at 7:07 PM Post #346 of 787
  awesome.. Tks so much!

I dl'd those files. followed the Read Me instructions(at least I think I it correctly) but when I attempt to play a DSD file I get this pop up error msg "Unrecoverable playback error: Unsupported stream format: 176400 Hz / 24-bit / 6 channels" This makes no sense to me. I am attempting to play a DSD64 file. Anyone have a thought on why I'm getting this error msg?

Oct 21, 2016 at 7:57 PM Post #348 of 787

awesome.. Tks so much!

I dl'd those files. followed the Read Me instructions(at least I think I it correctly) but when I attempt to play a DSD file I get this pop up error msg "Unrecoverable playback error: Unsupported stream format: 176400 Hz / 24-bit / 6 channels" This makes no sense to me. I am attempting to play a DSD64 file. Anyone have a thought on why I'm getting this error msg?

I'm not great at this, but got a lot of help.  1)  Is your DAC native DSD or DOP, DSD Over PCM?
2)  What version of the components are you using?  That might be a good place to start.

Oct 21, 2016 at 10:30 PM Post #349 of 787

I'm not great at this, but got a lot of help.  1)  Is your DAC native DSD or DOP, DSD Over PCM?
2)  What version of the components are you using?  That might be a good place to start.

Tks for your help. My DAC does Native DSD and the components are SACD Decoder 1.0.2 and DSD Processor 1.0.0

Oct 22, 2016 at 4:09 AM Post #350 of 787
Also read this site explaining installing the SACD plugin.
https://diyaudioheaven.wordpress.com/digital/pc-software/foobar-2000-for-dummies-part-3-new-experimental-sacd-plugin-v-0-9-x/

Oct 22, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #351 of 787
  Also read this site explaining installing the SACD plugin.
https://diyaudioheaven.wordpress.com/digital/pc-software/foobar-2000-for-dummies-part-3-new-experimental-sacd-plugin-v-0-9-x/

Tks.. yes actually that is the link I was using. The oddest thing....I'm getting it to work currently. well.. sort of,,, As it changes tracks, I get a bit of distortionIcrackle/light popping) which lasts for just a second. It also does that when I click ahead on a track. When it changes tracks I get a popup each time "No installed FIR, continue with the default"  Anyone enlighten me to what a FIR is ? spoke too soon. This popped up and ceased playback again.  "Unrecoverable playback error: Unsupported stream format: 176400 Hz / 24-bit / 6 channels" frustrating...

Oct 22, 2016 at 1:05 PM Post #352 of 787
  Tks.. yes actually that is the link I was using. The oddest thing....I'm getting it to work currently. well.. sort of,,, As it changes tracks, I get a bit of distortionIcrackle/light popping) which lasts for just a second. It also does that when I click ahead on a track. When it changes tracks I get a popup each time "No installed FIR, continue with the default"  Anyone enlighten me to what a FIR is ? spoke too soon. This popped up and ceased playback again.  "Unrecoverable playback error: Unsupported stream format: 176400 Hz / 24-bit / 6 channels" frustrating...

Since I haven't figured it out using Foobar2K for Dummies, does anyone know if there is a Foobar2K for total Idiots??! 
confused_face(1).gif

Oct 23, 2016 at 9:57 AM Post #353 of 787

Under preferences > tools > SACD, did you:
1. set the output mode to DSD, or is it still in PCM?
2. select 'stereo' as the preferable area?

If you have it set to PCM mode, the SACD plugin will convert DSD to PCM, for example with a 176.4kHz sample rate, and some SACDs have a multichannel area, which you probably don't want to play. Hence maybe the 6-channel error. If you have set it to DSD mode, there should be no mention of a PCM sample rate such as 176.4kHz, nor of a filter (FIR). These options are all greyed out once you select DSD mode.

If you have a DSD-capable DAC, you should set the plugin tot DSD mode, or else it will convert DSD to PCM.
The DSD signal will be sent to the DAC coded as a PCM stream, which is called DoP (DSD over PCM), and which is not a conversion to PCM, but simply a means of transportation. Your DAC will detect that the PCM stream actually doesn't contain a PCM signal, but a DSD signal instead, and will automatically decode that.

Oct 23, 2016 at 5:10 PM Post #354 of 787

Under preferences > tools > SACD, did you:
1. set the output mode to DSD, or is it still in PCM?
2. select 'stereo' as the preferable area?

If you have it set to PCM mode, the SACD plugin will convert DSD to PCM, for example with a 176.4kHz sample rate, and some SACDs have a multichannel area, which you probably don't want to play. Hence maybe the 6-channel error. If you have set it to DSD mode, there should be no mention of a PCM sample rate such as 176.4kHz, nor of a filter (FIR). These options are all greyed out once you select DSD mode.

If you have a DSD-capable DAC, you should set the plugin tot DSD mode, or else it will convert DSD to PCM.
The DSD signal will be sent to the DAC coded as a PCM stream, which is called DoP (DSD over PCM), and which is not a conversion to PCM, but simply a means of transportation. Your DAC will detect that the PCM stream actually doesn't contain a PCM signal, but a DSD signal instead, and will automatically decode that.

After the preferable area combo box, there are two more checkboxes: one is just 'edit' and the next one is 'master playback' in tools/sacd.  Are they important?  And if so, what are they used for?
Thanks.

Oct 23, 2016 at 5:49 PM Post #355 of 787
I'm not sure. I'm still using version 0.9.11 and see that there have been a few new verions in the last two weeks, so it could be that we're not seeing the same things.
In my config panel there's 'editable tags' (checked), 'store tags with iso' (checked), 'linked 2ch/mch tags' (checked), and 'editable master playback' (checked, and this is for a special kind of DSD files I believe, but I'm not sure).

Oct 30, 2016 at 5:53 PM Post #356 of 787
Hi guys,

I had to reinstall my foobar2000 and its components however the dynamic range meter I used before is not working anymore.
I used the one that can be downloaded here: http://dynamicrange.de/de/free-downloads

The problem is that it has an expiration date set to 2011. I'm quite sure it worked before the reinstall without changing my computer's date settings.
So, any ideas for a workaround or maybe a DL link for a newer version please?

Oct 31, 2016 at 10:43 PM Post #357 of 787
Hi guys,

I had to reinstall my foobar2000 and its components however the dynamic range meter I used before is not working anymore.

I used the one that can be downloaded here: http://dynamicrange.de/de/free-downloads

The problem is that it has an expiration date set to 2011. I'm quite sure it worked before the reinstall without changing my computer's date settings.

So, any ideas for a workaround or maybe a DL link for a newer version please?

Try this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wki2m3yotlvmoim/foo_dynamic_range_1.1.1.zip

Nov 6, 2016 at 8:08 AM Post #358 of 787
Foobar refuses to RIP entire Beatles 1 album. Tried 2 different PCs and also a plug in CD drive. Fails every time at second from last track. CD is brand new. What else can be done?
Hell! It won't even play "Let It Be" directly from the CD without skipping and locking-up. Is it possible to get a bad cd?

Nov 6, 2016 at 8:52 AM Post #359 of 787
Foobar refuses to RIP entire Beatles 1 album. Tried 2 different PCs and also a plug in CD drive. Fails every time at second from last track. CD is brand new. What else can be done?
Hell! It won't even play "Let It Be" directly from the CD without skipping and locking-up. Is it possible to get a bad cd?

Download Exact Audio Copy (EAC). If it's possible to rip, EAC will do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back