The Flaming Lips: Enbryonic
Oct 30, 2009 at 7:38 PM Post #46 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by LingLing1337 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone know how the vinyl sounds? Looks like it only comes in a 2-LP with transparent yellow and transparent blue
frown.gif

My experience with colored vinyl has not been good.

Nov 9, 2009 at 7:17 PM Post #49 of 56
Im enjoying many of the tracks off of this one. I will have to agree with viro and some of you that the SQ is just grating at times. Im fastforwarding good songs cuz they sound so bad on my headphones. This is kinda a first for me. I usually love a low-fi sound but this is just plain irritating. Maybe I've changed my preferences in music or I just expect more from a flaming lips/Dave Fridman record. While the explosive compressed drum sounds that were a signature on earlier Lips records were always welcome, it just seems to blow out the mix on these tunes. Some of the tracks like "watching the planets" are spectacular.

Nov 21, 2009 at 2:26 AM Post #50 of 56
I have been trying my best to like The Flaming Lips for years. I have finally found an album that demonstrates to me what I have been reading about them for it seems like forever. I agree that the recording quality is irritating at times, but I'm enjoying the music tremendously. There are only three tracks on the entire album that I don't care for. I guess I'm seeing what other people have known about The Flaming Lips. I think that this album is going to be one of my favorites for '09.

Feb 12, 2010 at 8:25 PM Post #51 of 56
I have the Ebryonic DVD and and am trying to grab the 24/96 audio for use in Foobar and portable... could someone point me in the right direction?

I messed with DVD Audio Ripper 5 a bit but didn't seem to recognize anything more than the tile screen.

THANKS

Feb 12, 2010 at 10:51 PM Post #53 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by jehugo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the Ebryonic DVD and and am trying to grab the 24/96 audio for use in Foobar and portable... could someone point me in the right direction?

I messed with DVD Audio Ripper 5 a bit but didn't seem to recognize anything more than the tile screen.

THANKS

nvm Followed instructions here:
DVD-Guides.com - How to rip audio from a DVD to Audio CD

worked out greak

Feb 13, 2010 at 4:36 AM Post #54 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by DLeeWebb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have been trying my best to like The Flaming Lips for years. I have finally found an album that demonstrates to me what I have been reading about them for it seems like forever. I agree that the recording quality is irritating at times, but I'm enjoying the music tremendously. There are only three tracks on the entire album that I don't care for. I guess I'm seeing what other people have known about The Flaming Lips. I think that this album is going to be one of my favorites for '09.

Honestly, the albums cannot match the experience of their live show.

Feb 13, 2010 at 8:45 PM Post #55 of 56
I got this album about a week ago and have to say it is great! My impression is that the sound on the album is exactly what the band intended. It seems they deliberately shot for a low-fi sound on some of the tracks -- a raw, almost garage band type of sound. And, yeah, the album is pretty self-indulgent by the band but it's so interesting I don't mind at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back