The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Aug 12, 2016 at 10:38 PM Post #4,846 of 6,670
Quote:

Hello Kiats..:)
I do find the sound of mh335dw and mh334 is quite similar. And yes, i find the 335 is lusher and a little warmer. Thats maybe bcos of the additional woofer they use. However thou, on some songs, this 335 can perform a tighter bass than 334. i don't know whether my ears are right or not, but i felt that way sometimes. The mids on 335 a tad more backward (distanced vocals) than 334, so that i find the 335 to be a little wider in soundstage than 334 (but not really much IMO). The MH334 is indeed, to me, more to my liking. The mids of mh334 is a little more forward and have more robust sounding than 335, and i suspect this maybe the cause for 334, IMO, having a little more treble (more balanced and clearer in overall performance) than 335.

My Monet17 already arrived at Singapore yesterday. I believe is on the way to Indonesia right now. I get the feeling i am gonna love it very much. I really love Fitear's signature especially their custom. Really special. Full bodied, big beefy sounding, spacious, and it has a very clean 'analog' sounding (very good for long listening session).

heres my mh335dw picture :)

Judging by your equipment it seems that your music genre fits the 334.

The Monet is another wonderful CIEM and sounds great on my jap anime songs, I think that was Suyama-san's intention for it. But for my overall music genre, my ear leans more towards 335.

Glad you'll be getting your Monet soon. Jaben Indonesia told me it took quite a while for the Monet to arrive to their customers.

Enjoy

Aug 12, 2016 at 10:45 PM Post #4,847 of 6,670
Judging by your equipment it seems that your music genre fits the 334.

The Monet is another wonderful CIEM and sounds great on my jap anime songs, I think that was Suyama-san's intention for it. But for my overall music genre, my ear leans more towards 335.

Glad you'll be getting your Monet soon. Jaben Indonesia told me it took quite a while for the Monet to arrive to their customers.

Enjoy

Yes, my monet17 took a little longer time to be delivered (almost 2 months).

Aug 12, 2016 at 11:02 PM Post #4,849 of 6,670
Haha! Yes, 334 is more accessible and fits most cables better and sounds good as is with the stock cable. For the 335, once you have a quality silver based cable, you will find that the bass is more controlled and the treble extension and mids reveal themselves. :) I do tend to use the 335 with Tralucent's silver/gold and Uber Too cables. The latter in particular allows the 335 to showcase its true colours.

Ah... enjoy your Monet 17. Well, FitEar does produce a range of customs that will cater to different sonic preferences. :)

Aug 13, 2016 at 2:41 AM Post #4,850 of 6,670
Haha! Yes, 334 is more accessible and fits most cables better and sounds good as is with the stock cable. For the 335, once you have a quality silver based cable, you will find that the bass is more controlled and the treble extension and mids reveal themselves.
smily_headphones1.gif
I do tend to use the 335 with Tralucent's silver/gold and Uber Too cables. The latter in particular allows the 335 to showcase its true colours.

Ah... enjoy your Monet 17. Well, FitEar does produce a range of customs that will cater to different sonic preferences.
smily_headphones1.gif

where can i buy those cables? 

Aug 13, 2016 at 2:59 AM Post #4,851 of 6,670
Aug 17, 2016 at 1:43 AM Post #4,852 of 6,670
Few questions here, in Japan, the only place I can purchase a fitear is through the Ginza shop? Is there any english speaking staff? I am about to embark my career there, but my japanese are too basic to be understandable. Finally, does anyone have the price of the custom models in yen? I am very much afraid to walk in under-budget and has to sell my kidney ad-hoc.

Aug 17, 2016 at 1:56 AM Post #4,853 of 6,670
  Few questions here, in Japan, the only place I can purchase a fitear is through the Ginza shop? Is there any english speaking staff? I am about to embark my career there, but my japanese are too basic to be understandable. Finally, does anyone have the price of the custom models in yen? I am very much afraid to walk in under-budget and has to sell my kidney ad-hoc.

I have to say I've not caught up with the latest policies but historically, getting a FitEar in Japan is meant to be for local residents only - and a local resident would go to Fujiya or e-earphone to register your name/address/phone details and payment made there too I believe. Then one would rock up to Ginza to get the impressions done and 1 month later, the earphones would be delivered to your registered address.

Although I have heard of visitor "walk-ins" to the Ginza store, they are very historical (like 2012), i.e. 1-2 before that policy above was set. Now whether FitEar has  relaxed that policy above or not and gone back to accepting visitor 'walk-ins", I don't know. I've not heard of it at least.

Here's what I found on their MH335DW page :-

"Recently we have switched to a just-in-time ordering system whereby our universal earphones are made to order just like our custom earphones. Therefore, we do not stock our universal earphones; neither can our earphones be purchased from our shop, nor are they likely to be found in other shops throughout Japan. In order to best serve you with guarantee and other services, we ask that you order our earphones after returning home from business and school trips here in Japan. Thank you."

So it sounds the official way for foreigners still stands as per the above paragraph, Japan orders are for local residents only, and Japan visitors to order from the distributors of their respective countries.

Aug 17, 2016 at 7:36 AM Post #4,854 of 6,670

Head to the E Earphone CIEM shop in Akihabara, One of the buyers speaks English fluently. She was a great help when I got my 335dw a few months back. They can take your impressions there as well.

Re Prices see here http://www.e-earphone.jp/html/page75.html

Aug 17, 2016 at 9:16 PM Post #4,858 of 6,670
i decided to place order for Private 333! :)
i hope they sound different and can be as a complement to my monet17, mh335dw and mh334...

Congrats! I don't have the Monet 17 but I do have the 333, 334 and 335. And, yes, they do nicely complement each other. :)

Aug 17, 2016 at 10:38 PM Post #4,860 of 6,670

I have to say I've not caught up with the latest policies but historically, getting a FitEar in Japan is meant to be for local residents only - and a local resident would go ...

I guess I will be having a residence card, so, it is not so much of an issue, unless they wanted PR, then I will have no choice. Still, thanks a lot for the tips. I reckon the ginza store could accept walk-in, provided we make an appointment at least the day before. 
Head to the E Earphone CIEM shop in Akihabara, One of the buyers speaks English fluently. She was a great help when I got my 335dw a few months back. They can take your impressions there as well.

Re Prices see here http://www.e-earphone.jp/html/page75.html

Thanks a lot, mate, this helps a tonnes. Seems like their price went up slightly since the last time I checked. By the way, do they charge any for making the ear impression?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back