The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Aug 1, 2016 at 3:32 AM Post #4,831 of 6,670
Hi I'm a noob here...was wondering if any S'pore member here knows the price of the MH335DW in Jaben. Tried to message them but have not received any reply.

Thank you
Jaben HK Website states it. Like $16,000 HKD

Aug 1, 2016 at 3:41 AM Post #4,832 of 6,670
Jaben HK Website states it. Like $16,000 HKD

Thanks for the information jmills8...apparently most audio and electronics goods in HKG are more expensive compared to Singapore. Only 3 electronic products and accessories that I find cheaper in HKG, so far, compared to Singapore (Blackberry phones, external hard disk and memory cards) 
biggrin.gif

Aug 2, 2016 at 9:34 AM Post #4,834 of 6,670
I think camera is slightly cheaper there, too! 

Couple of years back, I checked the price of TG334 from DMA HK (iirc), and it was cheaper than JabenSG then... 

It seems that it's lower in HKG. Heard from a friend that it cost like S$3000 in Singapore. I'm already leaning towards the MH335DW but still waiting to test try the Aya and Monet next week before making a final decision

Aug 2, 2016 at 8:21 PM Post #4,835 of 6,670
Luciferhawk, I haven't been able to reply to your comments to my review of the 335 as I'm on the road.

I bought mine some time back but there's been some changes since then in any event. To get the price, it's easiest to just call JabenSG and speak to Claire or Sheila.

Have a listen to the iems before you make any commitment. For me at least, they have petty different signatures.

As for Singapore or HK, well, do bear in mind that on the off chance that you have an issue with the iem, it may be better to have the retailer in the same jurisdiction. Unless you are in both countries very often and you can wait. FitEar has an excellent record of getting the fit right at first try, but no one I perfect. :)

Aug 3, 2016 at 12:51 AM Post #4,836 of 6,670
Luciferhawk, I haven't been able to reply to your comments to my review of the 335 as I'm on the road.

I bought mine some time back but there's been some changes since then in any event. To get the price, it's easiest to just call JabenSG and speak to Claire or Sheila.

Have a listen to the iems before you make any commitment. For me at least, they have petty different signatures.

As for Singapore or HK, well, do bear in mind that on the off chance that you have an issue with the iem, it may be better to have the retailer in the same jurisdiction. Unless you are in both countries very often and you can wait. FitEar has an excellent record of getting the fit right at first try, but no one I perfect. :)

@kiats, thank you for the reply, insight and advice...I will include them into my consideration.

Trying out the monet side by side with the 335 this weekend...hope to reach a decision by then

Aug 3, 2016 at 9:38 AM Post #4,837 of 6,670
@kiats, thank you for the reply, insight and advice...I will include them into my consideration.

Trying out the monet side by side with the 335 this weekend...hope to reach a decision by then

:speak_no_evil: I won't say any more lest I should poison the well. Good luck! :)

Aug 6, 2016 at 10:25 PM Post #4,839 of 6,670
How do the customs sound compared to the Layla's or Westone ES5's?​​

I haven't tried the Layla nor Westone so not much I can say about this. But I did try the Roxanne on the AK320 and it was amazing...until the MH335DW.

Roxanne is a truly amazing C/IEM and played my songs really well but I did feel that the staging seems small.

The MH335DW gives my music a bigger stage with enough bass and response + clarity (though the Roxanne have a slightly better response on the drums from Metallica's Enter Sandman)

My advice is try it out at your local dealer along with your choice of IEM to compare.

Cheers

Aug 6, 2016 at 10:32 PM Post #4,841 of 6,670
Aug 8, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #4,842 of 6,670
Mh334 + ak380black is an amazing combo. Wow. I like it alot. Very analog and robust sounding. So amazed of how clear the sound it can be. Smooth, full bodied sound, yummy bass and all delivered with lots lots of detail. Really amazing!

Aug 11, 2016 at 7:13 PM Post #4,843 of 6,670
Mh334 + ak380black is an amazing combo. Wow. I like it alot. Very analog and robust sounding. So amazed of how clear the sound it can be. Smooth, full bodied sound, yummy bass and all delivered with lots lots of detail. Really amazing!

Glad it works for you, muzik4life. You should try the 380 with the MH335DW. You will find an even richer and lusher 3D sound. :)

Aug 12, 2016 at 10:31 PM Post #4,845 of 6,670
Quote:
Glad it works for you, muzik4life. You should try the 380 with the MH335DW. You will find an even richer and lusher 3D sound.
smily_headphones1.gif

Hello Kiats..:)
I do find the sound of mh335dw and mh334 is quite similar. And yes, i find the 335 is lusher and a little warmer. Thats maybe bcos of the additional woofer they use. However thou, on some songs, this 335 can perform a tighter bass than 334. i don't know whether my ears are right or not, but i felt that way sometimes. The mids on 335 a tad more backward (distanced vocals) than 334, so that i find the 335 to be a little wider in soundstage than 334 (but not really much IMO). The MH334 is indeed, to me, more to my liking. The mids of mh334 is a little more forward and have more robust sounding than 335, and i suspect this maybe the cause for 334, IMO, having a little more treble (more balanced and clearer in overall performance) than 335.

My Monet17 already arrived at Singapore yesterday. I believe is on the way to Indonesia right now. I get the feeling i am gonna love it very much. I really love Fitear's signature especially their custom. Really special. Full bodied, big beefy sounding, spacious, and they have a very clean 'analog' sounding (very good for long listening session).

heres my mh335dw picture :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back