The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Dec 24, 2014 at 3:06 AM Post #4,141 of 6,670

To great times ahead indeed!
Merry X'mas to you and your Mrs as well.......Enjoy your new speakers too!
beerchug.gif

Yeap, thanks mate!

Dec 28, 2014 at 5:03 PM Post #4,142 of 6,670
Ugh... Sad face. 

I think I might have to send my 335s to repair.

The pin receptors on the left side appear to be loose. I'm not sure if it happened to anyone before, but whenever I touch the left memory wire, or even just lightly tap the left faceplate, there is a metallic ting sound that resonates throughout the CIEM. 

I wonder if it's covered under warranty... but even then...gotta send it to Jaben to send to FitEar...

Dec 28, 2014 at 6:37 PM Post #4,143 of 6,670
Ugh... Sad face. 

The pin receptors on the left side appear to be loose. I'm not sure if it happened to anyone before, but whenever I touch the left memory wire, or even just lightly tap the left faceplate, there is a metallic ting sound that resonates throughout the CIEM. 

I wonder if it's covered under warranty... but even then...gotta send it to Jaben to send to FitEar...
It should be. I've not heard of this issue before. FitEar actually changed the connection style 2 years back & the current style is meant to be more reliable than the former.

Dec 28, 2014 at 7:05 PM Post #4,144 of 6,670
It should be. I've not heard of this issue before. FitEar actually changed the connection style 2 years back & the current style is meant to be more reliable than the former.

Hi, what is the difference in the new style? Mine was delivered in Jan this year.

Dec 29, 2014 at 7:52 AM Post #4,147 of 6,670
Ugh... Sad face. 

I have that issue with my after market cable. The stock cable have non of that, could be the connector mismatch.

Dec 29, 2014 at 3:11 PM Post #4,148 of 6,670

Ugh... Sad face. 

I have that issue with my after market cable. The stock cable have non of that, could be the connector mismatch.

My stock cable has that :frowning2:. But its probably the effect of using an after market cable for prolonged periods of time. 
It rings even without a cable in it. But it does tone down the ringing a bit. I might just not send it back since it isn't posing much of a problem. 

I wonder if there are services to modify my aftermarket cable to have the same connectors FitEar uses instead of just sennheiser connectors. (Going to try BTG Audio first to see if it's possible)

*Nope, gotta send it back, the ringing stops only temporarily at a certain position. 

Dec 31, 2014 at 8:47 PM Post #4,150 of 6,670
Hi all!

Please advise a dynamic iem with similar sound in terms of quality and character as in 335DW. Price doesn't matter.

Try out the Tralucent Ref1. Visceral bass with great transparency. :) I have both the 335 and the Ref1. Love them both!

Dec 31, 2014 at 8:48 PM Post #4,151 of 6,670

Dec 31, 2014 at 8:52 PM Post #4,152 of 6,670

Oops! That was the 1p2 and 335. This is Ref1 with the Uber Too cable. :)

Jan 1, 2015 at 4:59 AM Post #4,154 of 6,670
I tried 1p2 and didn't like them. Sound is "synthetic", imo. Nothing like true timbre of 335DW.

In that case, the one you may prefer is the Ref1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back