The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Jun 14, 2014 at 11:35 AM Post #3,319 of 6,670
  Wow that's a pretty expensive IEM for workout

Actually, I work out with CIEMs, never had problems, although not sure if the inside of the canal would create more gunk that can be inserted into the bores.  Matter a fact, I wear it all the time.  We know CIEMs are expensive, but for me, given how much use I got out of the ones I had, it was worth the investment.  With it's isolation, I get best SQ wherever I am at.  I'm walking down the street with highest quality sound and you are not tied down to your listening room.  I think that's the best part of CIEMs, high isolation and no fiddling with tips as you do you thing anywhere any location.

Sup guys !
I'm about to order the MH335DW and before I do that, just want to ask you guys, who own a custom, 2 questions ^.^v

For daily use, is there much difference between the custom and the universal IEM? I mean in terms of comfort cos I can use my Shure SE535 Ltd for many hours without getting any strain or pain in my ears, and since I intend to replace it with the MH335DW I'm kind worried about it.

I'm used to work out/run/ while using my Shures so can I do the same with the customs? My main concern is about the "sweat resistance" of a custom IEM just to put it simply ^.^v

CIEMs are sealed tight, so I had no problems with sweat.  From my experience, if you get a good fit, no strain to your ears.  I had a time when initial fit had a bit of pain on bottom of my ear, but went away after I give it time, not sure if that's the reason why CIEM makers say give it time.  Also sound is an improvement of universals as you are assured you have your personal fit(with univerals, you aren't quite sure of the fit, and therefore don't know if you are getting what it's suppose to output, and you fiddle with tips, it sounds different), the deep insertion will create a different sound from the shallow universal insertion.  I believe CIEM makers tune it for deep insertion, and they look at the tuning graph before shipping out.  My NT-6 comes with it's tuning graph like the Audeze.  

Jun 14, 2014 at 12:30 PM Post #3,320 of 6,670
I usually try to keep the BA driver in the iems away from moisture, working out may introduce moisture considering all the sweating and all? Have heard that keeping away from moisture would improve the lifespan of the iems.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 15, 2014 at 12:57 AM Post #3,321 of 6,670
To be fair, singers, dancers and actors uses CIEM all the time, pretty sure they do sweat quite a bit.

Jun 15, 2014 at 7:28 AM Post #3,322 of 6,670

I ordered it on 26th of March, which my friends ordered 1-2 weeks after i placed an order. Nevertheless we are all under the same shipment batch. From what I know, the moderately longer wait is due to the headphone events such as fujiyaspring, mook festival and the release of the pro-line in HK.

thanks for the answer!
hmm, i guess, due to many people ordering during the mook fest at Indonesia, and suyama himself also must attend munich high-end, i suppose the reason of the lateness of the batch is clear..
still, it means more waiting for me.. 
frown.gif

Jun 15, 2014 at 7:44 AM Post #3,324 of 6,670
  Actually, I work out with CIEMs, never had problems, although not sure if the inside of the canal would create more gunk that can be inserted into the bores.  Matter a fact, I wear it all the time.  We know CIEMs are expensive, but for me, given how much use I got out of the ones I had, it was worth the investment.  With it's isolation, I get best SQ wherever I am at.  I'm walking down the street with highest quality sound and you are not tied down to your listening room.  I think that's the best part of CIEMs, high isolation and no fiddling with tips as you do you thing anywhere any location.

CIEMs are sealed tight, so I had no problems with sweat.  From my experience, if you get a good fit, no strain to your ears.  I had a time when initial fit had a bit of pain on bottom of my ear, but went away after I give it time, not sure if that's the reason why CIEM makers say give it time.  Also sound is an improvement of universals as you are assured you have your personal fit(with univerals, you aren't quite sure of the fit, and therefore don't know if you are getting what it's suppose to output, and you fiddle with tips, it sounds different), the deep insertion will create a different sound from the shallow universal insertion.  I believe CIEM makers tune it for deep insertion, and they look at the tuning graph before shipping out.  My NT-6 comes with it's tuning graph like the Audeze.  

Thanks for answering man ! ^.^v
Now I think I can go order mine without any doubts! ^.^v

Jun 15, 2014 at 11:30 AM Post #3,325 of 6,670
I wear hearing aids costing 2,000-3,000 each! All day....walking running sweating. When I replace them with my Fitears, they go in a sealed container with silica gel. When I take out my Fitears they go in the sealed container they came in which has a hydrosorbent silica gel pod in it. Anyone who owns expensive IEMs and does not store them with silica gel when they are out is nuts .

Jun 15, 2014 at 11:33 AM Post #3,326 of 6,670
I wear hearing aids costing 2,000-3,000 each! All day....walking running sweating. When I replace them with my Fitears, they go in a sealed container with silica gel. When I take out my Fitears they go in the sealed container they came in which has a hydrosorbent silica gel pod in it. Anyone who owns expensive IEMs and does not store them with silica gel when they are out is nuts .

Can you explain why storing in silica gel is necessary?

Jun 15, 2014 at 11:36 AM Post #3,327 of 6,670

Thanks for the very useful tips mordicai. This is exactly what I'm going to do when I get my first CIEM.

Jun 15, 2014 at 11:40 AM Post #3,328 of 6,670
Your Iems will last longer AND sound much better.

Jun 15, 2014 at 12:38 PM Post #3,329 of 6,670
  Can you explain why storing in silica gel is necessary?

Oh sure.  The inside of your ears don't really sweat, but there is still a lot moisture in the ear. Cant you feel it when you take IEMs out after then have been in for a while? When you take out your IEMs there is moisture in them. This moisture slowly start to play havocs with electronics, wire connections, etc. The silica Gel will absorb that moisture very quickly. Sweet!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back