The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Jan 5, 2014 at 7:16 PM Post #1,711 of 6,670

Or you could plan ahead. Have your relatives speak with the people at Jaben HK/GZ and find out if you can have an audiologist in your current country of residence do an impression for you. Then you ship the impressions/molds to your relatives (or directly to Jaben). If all goes as planned, you can walk into Jaben during your visit to pick them up. That way, you can test them out in the store. I know of some people from Europe who've done the same via the Jaben in Singapore.

Thing is I wanted to demo them first before I ordered, it would take no time at all to send my impressions and order over before my visit and just pick up the customs when I get there but I'd be stuck with them if I didn't like what I was hearing.

I would try HK over Guangzhou as prices in mainland are much higher...at least Jaben Shanghai vs. HK.

Thanks for the tip, prices in mainland were usually higher than HK.

Jan 5, 2014 at 7:28 PM Post #1,712 of 6,670
Originally Posted by Kazenagi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thing is I wanted to demo them first before I ordered, it would take no time at all to send my impressions and order over before my visit and just pick up the customs when I get there but I'd be stuck with them if I didn't like what I was hearing.

Oh, I was under the impression that you had already demoed them and had a model in mind. Can't win em all, I guess.

Ordering while you're physically in HK is definitely the better option. Only risk (touchwood) is you having issues with the fit or finish when you receive them back in Canada, which would require you to ship them back to HK or Japan again.

Jan 5, 2014 at 7:37 PM Post #1,713 of 6,670

Oh, I was under the impression that you had already demoed them and had a model in mind. Can't win em all, I guess.

Ordering while you're physically in HK is definitely the better option. Only risk (touchwood) is you having issues with the fit or finish when you receive them back in Canada, which would require you to ship them back to HK or Japan again.

No problem. didn't get a chance to stop by Jaben last time I went back but I've only heard good things about fitear customs. If anything does happen it'll probably take longer to get it repaired, but I'm already use to that since I have to send things to the US to get serviced most of the time anyways.

Jan 5, 2014 at 9:40 PM Post #1,714 of 6,670
I have a strange post, but something I've noticed as a trend. And let me preface this with to each his own when it comes to this journey and hobby.

I've been a member of head fi for a number of years with a number of posts in the triple digits. I am nowhere near an expert, but i have learned a lot over time. It took me a long time to get to that point. I have realized just how enjoyable the journey was receiving my first high end IEMs which were the Shure 535s at tha time. I kept them for a year or so and then realized it was to go up a notch. The same was with my portable audio equipment as well, amp cables, DAP. Little by little over time I researched and got to learn more and more about this interesting and at times expensive hobby. Finally after a few years I pulled the trigger on my first pair of customs which were JH13s then followed by a pair of Rooth LS8s which I kept for two years. And now within the last three months I reached what I would call the pinnacle of listening pleasure with the purchase of a pair of FitEar 335s. What is my point of this rambling you might ask? Well I guess I am saying that it seems people are completely bypassing the journey and going straight to the top. I think this hobby is about the journey to aural nirvana, which is different and changes for each individual. Trying to find that ultimate combo. Starting from the bottom and workin your way up is how you learn. I know what I didn't do, sign up for head fi and go straight to the best without learning what's out there. Oh well just a post new year reflection and observation of a trend.

Jan 5, 2014 at 9:55 PM Post #1,716 of 6,670
Jan 5, 2014 at 10:29 PM Post #1,719 of 6,670
Jan 6, 2014 at 9:59 AM Post #1,724 of 6,670
All the new one comes with the new style faceplate and a new style "spring" connector.

Jan 6, 2014 at 11:30 AM Post #1,725 of 6,670

Now this is a sweet pair of 335s. All clear is too mainstream. LOL

I disagree. Only real reason that all clear is so popular is because only FitEar seems to have that craftsmanship to make it virtually clear of any air bubbles and keeping the whole shell in perfect condition.

Haven't really seen others make clear shell CIEM as perfectly as FitEar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back