The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Dec 20, 2014 at 6:45 AM Post #4,111 of 6,670
I manage to collect mine just now too. Along the way back. I cant hear the train announcement when the music start playing. I am using the default cable at the moment

Congrats! I think it's always wise to listen on the stock cable first and then decide what you find unsatisfactory or you want to emphasize. That will in turn determine what aftermarket cables will suit your tastes.

Dec 20, 2014 at 7:38 AM Post #4,114 of 6,670
It happens occasionally. Which is why Tralucent does its cables with straight connecties now. As does Frank at Toxic Cables.

Ah, I see.
Well, either I reterminate the cable or I sell it I suppose. The Wagnus cables look tempting, love that purple..

Dec 20, 2014 at 7:51 AM Post #4,115 of 6,670
Ah, I see.
Well, either I reterminate the cable or I sell it I suppose. The Wagnus cables look tempting, love that purple..

Get used to the iem first before you decide. And listen to the cable before for a while before you pull the trigger. Always a question of synergy. :)

Dec 20, 2014 at 8:53 AM Post #4,116 of 6,670
I knew how FitEar CIEMs could be fine-tuned without reshelling however this is the first photo I've seen published publicly :-

[Source: https://twitter.com/minatofon/status/546245476706557952/photo/1]

Dec 21, 2014 at 8:13 PM Post #4,121 of 6,670
I live in US , are there anyway I can get a 335 from Fitear? I can't find their dealers in the US.

Lycair, sadly no US dealer for FitEar.

Dec 21, 2014 at 9:58 PM Post #4,122 of 6,670
The 435 has been discontinued by fitear according to jaben sg. Lucky they are willing to honor my order and I will be the last singapore customer to own the 435

how much did it cost ? you lucky Singapore people
wink.gif

Dec 21, 2014 at 11:22 PM Post #4,123 of 6,670
Just an update. Popped by Jaben earlier today. Peter tested my Fitears and also compared them to the demo set. He too commented the left side sounded weird, with the bass sounding dull and not extending as well as the right side.

So it has to be sent back to Fitear Japan for fixing.

Finally…….after 3 long months and 2 refits……I have my MH334 back with me, with the channel imbalance problem fixed.

The entire process could have been much shorter though…..FitEar did nothing to my 334 at all and returned it untouched when I sent it back the first time, as they claimed there was nothing wrong with my set. But channel imbalance was definitely still there so Jaben helped me send it back a second time. That was in November.

Got my 334 back yesterday. According to Jaben, both left and right shells were "reproduced" this time, so I take it that they reshelled the entire thing? Not sure. Anyway, not only was the channel imbalance fixed, I also noticed that now both the left and right ear canal sections are approximately equal in length (previously the left ear canal was visibly much shorter compared to the right). Some air bubbles on the left shell have also disappeared, so it looks like at the very least the left side has been reshelled.

Total duration from placing my order to finally having the 334 safely in my ears?? 8 months. 
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Dec 22, 2014 at 1:05 AM Post #4,124 of 6,670

Finally…….after 3 long months and 2 refits……I have my MH334 back with me, with the channel imbalance problem fixed.

The entire process could have been much shorter though…..FitEar did nothing to my 334 at all and returned it untouched when I sent it back the first time, as they claimed there was nothing wrong with my set. But channel imbalance was definitely still there so Jaben helped me send it back a second time. That was in November.

Got my 334 back yesterday. According to Jaben, both left and right shells were "reproduced" this time, so I take it that they reshelled the entire thing? Not sure. Anyway, not only was the channel imbalance fixed, I also noticed that now both the left and right ear canal sections are approximately equal in length (previously the left ear canal was visibly much shorter compared to the right). Some air bubbles on the left shell have also disappeared, so it looks like at the very least the left side has been reshelled.

Total duration from placing my order to finally having the 334 safely in my ears?? 8 months. 
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Congrats!
Must have been a hell of wait..

Dec 22, 2014 at 2:14 AM Post #4,125 of 6,670
Hope it was worth the wait, DarkKnight74. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back