The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Jul 11, 2014 at 5:29 PM Post #3,436 of 6,671

It is unfortunate when the demo is not an accurate reflection of the actual CIEM. I recall there were similar complaints in respect of the demo 435 that was in Jaben Singapore. 
rolleyes.gif

OMG Kiats don't tell me that!!! So the pair at Jaben SG are not representative of the actual CIEM!!!!! After taking so so long to make the decision and auditioning so much gear! God do I really have to start this all over again! ;(

Jul 11, 2014 at 7:41 PM Post #3,437 of 6,671
  So you're getting the MH334? no interest in the upcoming universals?

Universals are fine and all, but idk. I can't wait for the new universals. 

Right now I'm "safe" with the MH334 sound, but what makes me wonder is if "by chance" the custom C435/MH335DW would sound much different than the demos. If they're pretty much spot on I wont change it. I have a day window to change my order...

Jul 11, 2014 at 8:23 PM Post #3,438 of 6,671
When I demo'ed the 335DW, it was relatively bassy with not much treble extension. The custom was much more balanced, though still had that warm character that made me order it in the first place. Based on that one experience, I'd say the demo only give a hint of the custom's flavour, but everything pretty much improves once you get that seal that comes with a made-to-measure unit.

It was a bit of a blind leap on my part, since I felt the 334 demo was more balanced than the 335DW, but in the end I opted for the latter because I liked the body it gave the lower frequencies, particularly with the type of music I often listen to.

Having said that, the demo experience probably varies from person to person. Our ears are all shaped differently, after all. I suppose you could get a demo to sound closer to the custom if you played with different tips and whatnot. FitEars are probably one of the less "risky" demo experiences due to the way they extend into on your ear canals, which is quite shallow compared to most of the other brands.

Jul 11, 2014 at 8:47 PM Post #3,439 of 6,671
OMG Kiats don't tell me that!!! So the pair at Jaben SG are not representative of the actual CIEM!!!!! After taking so so long to make the decision and auditioning so much gear! God do I really have to start this all over again! ;(

I wouldn't worry about it: like I said, there were complaints. I didn't say if they were credible. ;p in any event, Jaben had the demos sent back and checked and it measured fine. So, how are you keeping, my friend? When is your custom going to be ready? & popping by any time soon?

Jul 11, 2014 at 8:53 PM Post #3,440 of 6,671
Universals are fine and all, but idk. I can't wait for the new universals. 

Right now I'm "safe" with the MH334 sound, but what makes me wonder is if "by chance" the custom C435/MH335DW would sound much different than the demos. If they're pretty much spot on I wont change it. I have a day window to change my order...

Congrats! Glad you have decided to take a chance on customs. My experience is that the custom, because it is fitted for your ears, is better. That has been my experience with the 435, 333 and finally the MH334. I am currently awaiting delivery of the 335DW. I will report back if the trend continues. :)

Jul 11, 2014 at 9:39 PM Post #3,441 of 6,671
FitEars are probably one of the less "risky" demo experiences due to the way they extend into on your ear canals, which is quite shallow compared to most of the other brands.

I remember that Anakchan had an experience between the demo unit and the actual custom of the SR-variant that is so different that prompted him to send his 335 back for 'checkup'.

Jul 11, 2014 at 10:51 PM Post #3,442 of 6,671
I remember that Anakchan had an experience between the demo unit and the actual custom of the SR-variant that is so different that prompted him to send his 335 back for 'checkup'.

That is true. That was discussed a few pages back. However, happily, the general experience has been that the actual customs have proved to be better than the experience with the demo.

So, when is your custom coming, UELover? :)

Jul 12, 2014 at 12:06 AM Post #3,444 of 6,671
Jaben informed me to be prepared to wait for another 1-2 months. I have already been waiting over 2 months.

Ah... Oh well... At least it'll be worth the wait. :)

Jul 12, 2014 at 3:22 AM Post #3,445 of 6,671
Just out of pure curiousity. Let's pretend there isn't a FitEar pro line for musicians. Which phone do you think singers would use?

*that was a dumb question :>

Let's change it to this: Which model would suit ea person in a band?

Jul 12, 2014 at 5:04 AM Post #3,446 of 6,671
333 or 335?

Jul 12, 2014 at 5:12 AM Post #3,447 of 6,671
  Trigger pulled. Thanks to Gavin for the warm welcome in HK!

After much thought, I just couldn't see myself using anything other than the 334. 
The 435 really wasn't for me. Although I could hear much more of everything, sometimes it just doesn't work out. 

Most of my music does seem to consist of bad recordings, making the voices sound strained on the 435s and some instruments sound chaotic :<. 

Although alot is lost on the 334 and it doesn't have the same grandeur (soundstaging/layering/detail) as the 435, there is a sort of "simplistic" beauty from it, where all chaos is blocked out and I can focus on what I love most: the melodic voices.

Congrats on the 334. I am sure you will love this custom iem. Do try out some 3rd party cables. It may just give you that extra touch of omph that you are looking for. I am using the one by Wagnus. Don't know what the cable is made of but I like what I hear  
biggrin.gif

Jul 12, 2014 at 5:37 PM Post #3,448 of 6,671
I wouldn't worry about it: like I said, there were complaints. I didn't say if they were credible. ;p in any event, Jaben had the demos sent back and checked and it measured fine. So, how are you keeping, my friend? When is your custom going to be ready? & popping by any time soon?

Not sure when ready… and hopefully be back sometime early September. Just trying to work it all out at the moment. Apart from that ok. Thesis time at Uni so not so much teaching and a bit quitter than usual thank goodness! How about you!? 

Jul 12, 2014 at 10:43 PM Post #3,449 of 6,671
Not sure when ready… and hopefully be back sometime early September. Just trying to work it all out at the moment. Apart from that ok. Thesis time at Uni so not so much teaching and a bit quitter than usual thank goodness! How about you!? 

Good! My courses are in semester 2 so no such worries until next calendar year. :)

My 335 will probably arrive about same time as yours or slightly later. :) Right now having fun with the Final Audio Design Lab1 and the Calyx M. & tweaking the desktop rig: refining the sound out of the JPS Abyss, which you should really try when you get here. Claire brought in a Cavalli Liquid Gold to pair with the Abyss. Hopefully it'll be nicely burnt in when you get here. :)

Let me know when plans are firmed up and we can catch up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back