The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Jul 5, 2014 at 11:23 PM Post #3,406 of 6,670
Nothing that I know related to headphones, other than then new Audio Techinca CKR line.

Off to traditional festival today though.

Jul 5, 2014 at 11:28 PM Post #3,407 of 6,670
Nothing that I know related to headphones, other than then new Audio Techinca CKR line.

Off to traditional festival today though.

Heheh! OK. Enjoy your stay! 
L3000.gif

Jul 5, 2014 at 11:30 PM Post #3,408 of 6,670
Surely will do. Land of nice headphones after all.

Jul 5, 2014 at 11:47 PM Post #3,409 of 6,670
Indeed! Hope to make it there one day and meet up with the Tokyo based head-fiers

Jul 7, 2014 at 11:15 PM Post #3,410 of 6,670

He already owns the MH335DW. He's questioning on the Studio Reference mod to it that FitEar is now accepting for Japan MH335DW owners (for this month only too I think!).

I apologise for not giving any reviews of the Studio Reference mod 'cos as mentions previous month I wanted to talk to FitEar about it first. Yesterday I dropped my Studio Reference back to FitEar for them to have a check up. I will get them back in a few weeks.

ah yes, i was talking about MH335DW-SR mod back then.
well, personally, i have tried SR at mookfest @ Jakarta this march, both the universal demo, or the custom version..

and IMO, it blows unmodded 335DW far out of the water.. 
rolleyes.gif

Jul 8, 2014 at 3:17 AM Post #3,413 of 6,670
This.

Even Rudi says its the best CIEM/IEM he has heard, so far.

I heard it at the SG Mook & was literally blown away.

Can't wait for the mod to be ready for international customers.

The question I have is why is it so good? I hear from someone who heard it that it quite drastically changes the sig of the 335. Hence, saying that it blows the 335 out of the water may not be really helpful if both sigs are different. In any event, in what specific way does it make the 335 deficient?

Just trying to focus the discussion here. :p

Jul 8, 2014 at 3:31 AM Post #3,414 of 6,670
The question I have is why is it so good? I hear from someone who heard it that it quite drastically changes the sig of the 335. Hence, saying that it blows the 335 out of the water may not be really helpful if both sigs are different. In any event, in what specific way does it make the 335 deficient?

Just trying to focus the discussion here.
tongue.gif

Here's my take on the universal demo of the MH335DWSR. It's tonally more balanced and has more extended trebles. For those who felt the MH335DW was too warm, well the universal demo of the SR "balanced" that out. Simiarly the bass felt more controlled. It actually made the whole signature sound more even, consistent, with a vast soundstage.

This was meant to be my "let's sell all my other IEMs and I'm happy with one" CIEM. I'll say no more until I get my MH335DWSR CIEM back from checks.

Jul 8, 2014 at 3:40 AM Post #3,415 of 6,670
My 335DW had been upgraded to SR for a few months now and I really like the upgraded.

The main difference between DW and DWSR is that trebles extend much further compare to the roll off in DW. It correct the weakness of the DW version. Overall sound signature doesn't change much. The mids forwardness and amount of bass are still there. May be slightly less forwarded, deeper bass response and more balanced sound.

AnakChan and I notice some differences between the demo version and my SR. As he said, he will know more when he get his SR back from Fitear.

Jul 8, 2014 at 4:09 AM Post #3,416 of 6,670

Here's my take on the universal demo of the MH335DWSR. It's tonally more balanced and has more extended trebles. For those who felt the MH335DW was too warm, well the universal demo of the SR "balanced" that out. Simiarly the bass felt more controlled. It actually made the whole signature sound more even, consistent, with a vast soundstage.

This was meant to be my "let's sell all my other IEMs and I'm happy with one" CIEM. I'll say no more until I get my MH335DWSR CIEM back from checks.

How would you compare the universal demos of those 2, SR vs non-SR? I heard the DW demo before and found it very balanced across the whole spectrum, much more balanced than the TG334. It's hard to imagine there's an even more balanced version.

Jul 8, 2014 at 4:21 AM Post #3,417 of 6,670
  How would you compare the universal demos of those 2, SR vs non-SR? I heard the DW demo before and found it very balanced across the whole spectrum, much more balanced than the TG334. It's hard to imagine there's an even more balanced version.

I haven't heard the universal non-SR for quite a long time so will use my CIEM non-SR as a reference. My CIEM non-SR's trebles although extended weren't too forward. I didn't get the sparkle that I had preferred. This is probably more on the lower end to mid of the treble range. For me the TG!334 has more of that (and the TG!334 has more mids too).

The universal demo SRs addressed those points.

Jul 8, 2014 at 4:43 AM Post #3,418 of 6,670
  My 335DW had been upgraded to SR for a few months now and I really like the upgraded.

The main difference between DW and DWSR is that trebles extend much further compare to the roll off in DW. It correct the weakness of the DW version. Overall sound signature doesn't change much. The mids forwardness and amount of bass are still there. May be slightly less forwarded, deeper bass response and more balanced sound.

AnakChan and I notice some differences between the demo version and my SR. As he said, he will know more when he get his SR back from Fitear.

It is unfortunate when the demo is not an accurate reflection of the actual CIEM. I recall there were similar complaints in respect of the demo 435 that was in Jaben Singapore. 
rolleyes.gif

Jul 8, 2014 at 6:30 AM Post #3,419 of 6,670

This.

Even Rudi says its the best CIEM/IEM he has heard, so far.

I heard it at the SG Mook & was literally blown away.

Can't wait for the mod to be ready for international customers.

i can assure you, if someday (someday..) Suyama-san ever release the SR-Mod to public, si Rudi is one of the first person in Indonesia that will send his 335DW to Suyama for an upgrade. he told me, it is that good. 
rolleyes.gif

How could you try on 335DWSR Custom version?
Did you compare with your 335DW?

well, i can't give much details on this, but let's say there's someone who have his SR come to mook and he let me test and compare it with other models.. so, technically i can say that i have compared both custom or universal demo of SR.

Just trying to focus the discussion here.
tongue.gif

i guess.. Anakchan already give it an answer about this. i listened it this march, and i guess i'm starting to forget it's sound signature ( which is a good thing hey, i can back listening to my apple earphone 
biggrin.gif
)
but i can assure you one thing: it is damn good. 

It is unfortunate when the demo is not an accurate reflection of the actual CIEM. I recall there were similar complaints in respect of the demo 435 that was in Jaben Singapore. 
rolleyes.gif

i really hope that the custom is much better than universal demo... i know all the people say it is, but this is my first time ordering custom and i really wanted it to be good. 

Jul 8, 2014 at 6:59 AM Post #3,420 of 6,670
"demo is not an accurate reflection of the actual CIEM"
+1
That's what I felt when I got my 335DW, the custom is different  from demo unit, but in better ways.
I doubt that you can get a reasonable good evaluations by comparing somebody's SR with 335 standard demo unit even the former can fit your ears.
Anyway 335DW is one fine pair of phones that I feel lucky to purchase, and also waiting for the international upgrade.
Good luck for your pairs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back