The Final Audio D8000 Pro Collector’s Edition is now available for pre-order at Headphones.com!
Aug 9, 2022 at 1:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 104
1660065254997.png

Expected to release in November, 2022. We have secured a limited number of units, only 200 are being made world-wide. As it is a collector’s item, sales are final and cannot be returned.

The D8000 Pro from Final Audio is one of the brand’s most prestigious items and one of the best high-end planar headphones on the market. Now you can get this phenomenal semi-open back headphone in a new limited edition style. This isn’t just a color variation, but a quality reconstruction of the D8000 Pro, with upgraded materials and 2 new cables. Only 200 units will be available worldwide, so if you’re a collector looking to grab what is sure to be a rarity headphone, you might not want to wait until the last minute to reserve a pair. Here is a list of all the new additions you can expect from this new variation.
  • Authentic Premium Matte Black Housing
  • Gold Plated Inner Meshed Plate of AFDS Driver
  • Alumite-Black Hanger Headband
  • Earpads Made from Washi Japanese Paper
  • XLR 4-Pin Silver-Coated Cable 3.0m
  • 4.4mm TRRRS OFC Cable 1.5m
  • Attache Case-Type New Carrying Case with TSA Lock
1660065273323.png

This collectors editions is available now for pre-order here.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2022 at 4:33 PM Post #3 of 104
They look so good, from a sound perspective I might prefer the D8000 non pro.
Are there plans to give the D8000 the same treatment?

Aug 9, 2022 at 10:25 PM Post #8 of 104
There's only one "collectors" headphone I know of, and that's Sony's R-10....
I'm referring to increasing in value over time.
The tech moves so fast... Another example would be digital cameras. How many of us have DSLR's that are worth maybe 10-20% of what you paid for them.. Don't mean to be a downer, it just is...

Aug 10, 2022 at 3:33 AM Post #10 of 104
There's only one "collectors" headphone I know of, and that's Sony's R-10....
I'm referring to increasing in value over time.
The tech moves so fast... Another example would be digital cameras. How many of us have DSLR's that are worth maybe 10-20% of what you paid for them.. Don't mean to be a downer, it just is...
There are MANY collectors headphones out there. Look at all the ZMFs with their special woods. Meze with editions like dark mystery or Chameleon.
Since they are still in production they don't increase in price, but these collector versions Lose less value compared to others

Then there are things like Sennheiser HE90, which surely have a similar collectors Position as the Sony R10

Aug 10, 2022 at 4:28 AM Post #11 of 104
i'm a huge d8000 pro fan, but we need more than marketing material to motivate a purchase. can the seller provide real-world information about differences in sound? i cannot speak for others, but I bet i'm not alone when I say that I do not buy headphones as a collector (to stare at them), I buy them as a user looking for certain sonic characteristics that will produce music in a desirable way.

Aug 10, 2022 at 4:57 AM Post #12 of 104
i'm a huge d8000 pro fan, but we need more than marketing material to motivate a purchase. can the seller provide real-world information about differences in sound? i cannot speak for others, but I bet i'm not alone when I say that I do not buy headphones as a collector (to stare at them), I buy them as a user looking for certain sonic characteristics that will produce music in a desirable way.
Maybe you can find some in munich high end coverage, afaik they have been available for auditions there

Aug 10, 2022 at 5:35 AM Post #13 of 104
There are MANY collectors headphones out there. Look at all the ZMFs with their special woods. Meze with editions like dark mystery or Chameleon.
Since they are still in production they don't increase in price, but these collector versions Lose less value compared to others

Then there are things like Sennheiser HE90, which surely have a similar collectors Position as the Sony R10
Hardly a surprise as collectors are the most sought buyers, those who can stomach unreasonable price premiums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back