The Fiio X5 Thread
Aug 19, 2014 at 10:16 AM Post #11,911 of 19,652
  Hey guys, I remember reading a post on how to add playlists to the X5 on a mac but now I can't find it. Anybody know how? Not sure what's up with the new 2.2 firmware, can I just take playlists created in iTunes and use those? I believe I will have to alter the file path? Any suggestions would be great.. definitely would love to utilize playlists

Joe Bloggs has updated his OP to include the information you require

I also see that they didn't fix the song order when you go to Artist > All.. still 01, 01, 01, 01, 02, 02, 02, 02, etc... damn, was hoping that would be fixed.

Have a read of this and many other x RELIC x posts

Aug 19, 2014 at 10:49 AM Post #11,912 of 19,652
even though i completely agree with you that this should naturally be played by album, you can get around a lot of the problems that were/are in the tagging system by renaming your files. (Artist / year / album / disc/track / title )

i'm also still hoping we'll see, instead of filename, title name(the tag)

furthermore, the album artwork is still not shown completely, as it's looking at the width of the screen, instead of the height:

A problem with renaming the file-names the way you suggest is that you wont be able to see the title of the song before you arrive there with your cursor since the filenames would become very long.
Which would be annoying when you go through the songs with the filebrowser.
So if you intend to listen to all the songs from a band or album your method works, but if you sometimes want to listen to a single specific song it doesn't work.

The album art problem I agree to. It is annoying. Even if it would look at the height of the image, it would still be blocked by the play info.
Would be nice if you can choose how the album art is displayed (should I resize all my album art so that it would only fill the space above the play info?)

Aug 19, 2014 at 11:55 AM Post #11,913 of 19,652
Since the update to the website yesterday I no longer receive email for thread updates.

I have reset everything in my profile with no luck.

Can anybody help?

Aug 19, 2014 at 12:28 PM Post #11,915 of 19,652
  Joe Bloggs has updated his OP to include the information you require

Have a read of this and many other x RELIC x posts

Thanks for the links, very interesting. I haven't listened to 2.2 yet so I can't really comment on the sound being worse, is that the general consensus?

I would be willing to rename my files to something like Artist - Year - Album - Song, but then the name is too long to quickly look at the song name I believe (without hovering it to scroll)
Or is that only for file browsing? Will going to Play All just take the ID3 tags?

I know I should probably wait until I get a chance to experiment with this stuff myself but I'm in a lull at work so I figured I would waste some time and post :p

Thanks guys.

Aug 19, 2014 at 1:24 PM Post #11,916 of 19,652
Same here. I am hoping this post will generate the auto response, again.

Still not working for me and I can't find a way to contact the administrators.

Aug 19, 2014 at 3:28 PM Post #11,917 of 19,652
Still not working for me and I can't find a way to contact the administrators.
Very OT, but to close this off, the necessary ticket is confirmed as being filed for the non-receipt of emails, and also the order in the activity feed being incorrect - details here

Aug 19, 2014 at 3:42 PM Post #11,918 of 19,652
Very OT, but to close this off, the necessary ticket is confirmed as being filed for the non-receipt of emails, and also the order in the activity feed being incorrect - details here

Very strange as I received an email about your post, so it must be working now.

Can you tell me what "very OT" means

Thanks for help given.

Aug 19, 2014 at 3:49 PM Post #11,919 of 19,652
Very strange as I received an email about your post, so it must be working now.

Can you tell me what "very OT" means

Thanks for help given.
OT = Off Topic (i.e. not relevant to either FiiO or the X5) :wink:

Aug 19, 2014 at 3:55 PM Post #11,920 of 19,652
OT = Off Topic (i.e. not relevant to either FiiO or the X5) :wink:

Okay, I made a mistake posting here but after the website update this was the only place I could post the problem. It took me 6 attempts before my post was entered in the thread.

I am still new to Head-fi and it's still a learning curve to me.

Sorry if I have upset anybody as it was not intentional.

Aug 19, 2014 at 4:00 PM Post #11,921 of 19,652
Okay, I made a mistake posting here but after the website update this was the only place I could post the problem. It took me 6 attempts before my post was entered in the thread.

I am still new to Head-fi and it's still a learning curve to me.

Sorry if I have upset anybody as it was not intentional.
No problem :)

I just added the OT remark as, as a moderator, that is something I look out for...

All is fine - let's leave it here, and let the X5 discussion continue :)

Duncan.

Aug 19, 2014 at 4:08 PM Post #11,922 of 19,652
No problem :)

I just added the OT remark as, as a moderator, that is something I look out for...

All is fine - let's leave it here, and let the X5 discussion continue :)

Duncan.

I am now receiving emails so all is well now.

This is my last post on this matter.

Aug 19, 2014 at 7:26 PM Post #11,923 of 19,652
Well, I don't really care about some obscure site who's only purpose is to tell the world what 'you' listen to.  I don't twit when I have a sandwich or anything and that's what it sounds like.  And I got not even a "you must be kiddin'" for my small but executable issues..

"Okay"

So would you like to request a feature on the X5 that won't let you tweet when you have a sandwich?

Aug 19, 2014 at 7:29 PM Post #11,924 of 19,652
A problem with renaming the file-names the way you suggest is that you wont be able to see the title of the song before you arrive there with your cursor since the filenames would become very long.
Which would be annoying when you go through the songs with the filebrowser.
So if you intend to listen to all the songs from a band or album your method works, but if you sometimes want to listen to a single specific song it doesn't work.

The album art problem I agree to. It is annoying. Even if it would look at the height of the image, it would still be blocked by the play info.
Would be nice if you can choose how the album art is displayed (should I resize all my album art so that it would only fill the space above the play info?)

I'm still hoping for FiiO to show trackname instead of filename. If you have a smaller library (mine's 3700 files large, i consider this small) it's still easy to remember where those tracks all are, but for larger libraries it's definitely a pain in the ass.

Aug 19, 2014 at 8:45 PM Post #11,925 of 19,652
"Okay"

So would you like to request a feature on the X5 that won't let you tweet when you have a sandwich?

I appologize for my personal attack.  My comments were stupid to say the least.  It's just that I put in a suggestion for what I thought might be a useful mod for a good player such as we have here.  I would have liked to have heard if it was possible, economical for such a modification.
I let my frustration with the trend toward inaccessability (touchscreens and having to guess where I am on most visual devices got to me today.
Appologys to the thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back