The Fiio X5 Thread
Apr 16, 2014 at 3:14 PM Post #7,173 of 19,652

The volume level isn't specific to any file type; it comes from the source. There is a feature called ReplayGain that can adjust the volume level of a group of tracks to the same level, either by applying a permanent volume change to the files, or by including a meta tag in the file that tells a compatible DAP how to adjust each file on the fly, without modifying the original recording. Some of us are petitioning FiiO to include support for this tag in a future firmware update; it's listed on their Bugzilla page as an enhancement request.

Hi
I logged my vote earlier today at that time there was only 15 votes so that got me wondering if there was another work around with what I've experienced I would have thought more people would want this fix? 

Arcright 

Apr 16, 2014 at 3:18 PM Post #7,175 of 19,652
  Hi
I logged my vote earlier today at that time there was only 15 votes so that got me wondering if there was another work around with what I've experienced I would have thought more people would want this fix? 

Arcright 

15 votes is among the highest vote totals on that page. Seems to me that people want it.

You can apply ReplayGain levels permanently to your files, but then there's no way to undo the changes, and you no longer have an exact copy of the original source. That's why most of us would prefer support for the tag, but it is a workaround if you don't want to wait.

Apr 16, 2014 at 3:22 PM Post #7,176 of 19,652
15 votes is among the highest vote totals on that page. Seems to me that people want it.

You can apply ReplayGain levels permanently to your files, but then there's no way to undo the changes, and you no longer have an exact copy of the original source. That's why most of us would prefer support for the tag, but it is a workaround if you don't want to wait.

Is there any native software to do this on a Mac, or would I need to fool around with WINE + Foobar2k?

Apr 16, 2014 at 3:30 PM Post #7,177 of 19,652
It would be really cool to have a leather case for the x5 that would flip open to reveal the buttons and the wheel. It would have a cut out for the screen so you can see the screen when its shut. Then when you flip it open there would be a pouch for extra micro sd cards on the inside of the cover. Maybe even have a clip on the back to connect to a belt. This would be the ultimate x5 case IMO.

Apr 16, 2014 at 4:05 PM Post #7,178 of 19,652

I would be interested in the software to do the permanent fix,  I only have a small library so I could  simple save a second copy. 

Arcright 

Apr 16, 2014 at 5:01 PM Post #7,180 of 19,652
  Ah nice - anywhere to preorder in the US?
If not, do they ship to the US? It doesn't say.. Or would I get it faster if I wait for a US retailer?

I've pre-ordered one from B&H Photo, but not sure when it will ship.  That said, I am in no hurry, I'm waiting for more reviews on the X5 vs. DX90.  I figure if the pre-order does not ship for a week (or 2 or 3) I can always cancel with B&H if I change my mind and get the DX90.

Apr 16, 2014 at 5:03 PM Post #7,181 of 19,652
  I've pre-ordered one from B&H Photo, but not sure when it will ship.  That said, I am in no hurry, I'm waiting for more reviews on the X5 vs. DX90.  I figure if the pre-order does not ship for a week (or 2 or 3) I can always cancel with B&H if I change my mind and get the DX90.

I'm talking about the HS6 bundle for X5 and E12 - I've already got my X5 and am in love with it :)

Apr 16, 2014 at 5:04 PM Post #7,182 of 19,652

I don't see the HS6 available for preorder on B&H's website, do you have a link? Or where you talking about preordering the X5 because I think Subver was talking about the HS6 bundle.

Apr 16, 2014 at 6:51 PM Post #7,183 of 19,652
So I got my X5 today, along with the DX90.

Big upgrade over the X3 in everyway, but what's with the wheel? It's so loose, it rattles back and forth. Is this normal? Feels very flimsy, but functions fine (only small delays).

Apr 16, 2014 at 8:43 PM Post #7,185 of 19,652
  So I got my X5 today, along with the DX90.

Big upgrade over the X3 in everyway, but what's with the wheel? It's so loose, it rattles back and forth. Is this normal? Feels very flimsy, but functions fine (only small delays).

James assures us that the wheel is fine and I haven't had any problems with mine so I'm going to believe him! Also, have you tried FW 1.23beta yet? It improves the UI responsiveness and eliminates the "laggy" wheel issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back