The Fiio X5 Thread
Jul 27, 2014 at 3:36 PM Post #11,386 of 19,652
Happy times, the HS6 fits the Hugo, just...

Apologies for the poor picture (and the twisted top band at the top, as said, just fits, and I'd rather have a twisted band than a snapped one!)

Jul 27, 2014 at 3:39 PM Post #11,387 of 19,652
It's important to me. It's the difference between a load of money + 10 years warranty, or a load of money, and no warranty...

Ok then....I had a 64GB card fry itself so I called SanDisk CS to 'exercise" the warranty....they asked for the serial # right off-the-bat...I had to dig out the ole magnifying glass to see it, but after that they warrantied my card and even shipped it FedEx...
wink.gif

Jul 27, 2014 at 3:43 PM Post #11,388 of 19,652
I just looked at the back of one of my 64gig sandisk cards, mine's engraved and is pretty much black on black.  I needed to reflect light off the back to read it, so the printing on would make me a little skeptical.  I'm surprised CH23's back was so readable in the picture.  I can check my other 64gig sandisk, but I expect I'd find the same.

Jul 27, 2014 at 3:45 PM Post #11,389 of 19,652
I just looked at the back of one of my 64gig sandisk cards, mine's engraved and is pretty much black on black.  I needed to reflect light off the back to read it, so the printing on would make me a little skeptical.  I'm surprised CH23's back was so readable in the picture.  I can check my other 64gig sandisk, but I expect I'd find the same.

I position myself, the light, and cards for optimal readability.

I will check with sandisk tomorrow to see if they are real.

Jul 27, 2014 at 4:09 PM Post #11,391 of 19,652
  Oh, I have no doubt yours are, just impressed at how readable it was.

I'm wondering if you mark these microsd cards for identification at all, they being all black and so small with no space to put, say, a letter or number with maybe a reference in your notebook to let you know what's on the card.
I have in mind a small piece of white tape but am concerned that the extra thickness might cause problems fitting in the slot.

Jul 27, 2014 at 4:36 PM Post #11,392 of 19,652
For a little while, I had a black 64gig for classical, and sandisk for rock, but my black one disappeared this week, so I'm currently using 2 identical looking sandisks.  Once my X5 arrives on Tuesday or so, I'll decide if I need to mark them.  I might have to check to see what my tablet is using later to see if it's non-sandisk so I can tell them apart.

Jul 27, 2014 at 4:41 PM Post #11,393 of 19,652
I'm wondering if you mark these microsd cards for identification at all, they being all black and so small with no space to put, say, a letter or number with maybe a reference in your notebook to let you know what's on the card.
I have in mind a small piece of white tape but am concerned that the extra thickness might cause problems fitting in the slot.

For a little while, I had a black 64gig for classical, and sandisk for rock, but my black one disappeared this week, so I'm currently using 2 identical looking sandisks.  Once my X5 arrives on Tuesday or so, I'll decide if I need to mark them.  I might have to check to see what my tablet is using later to see if it's non-sandisk so I can tell them apart.

You can use a permanent marker to mark the front of one of them,

One of mine has a small scratch, this is how i keep them apart. But after taking those pictures just now it shows that they're both made in other countries, so that's also an easy mark to keep them apart.

Jul 27, 2014 at 4:49 PM Post #11,394 of 19,652
Hmm, not sure which'd be the more lazy option.  Swap the sony 64gig out of my nvidia shield so I have 2 different color sd cards for the X5, which would involve transferring data between the two, or go out and buy a permanent marker seeing that I'm fairly sure I do not have one.  Or...  I could just remember which side of the X5 each card goes, and if I need to grab for my X3 or clip, just grab the appropriate card.

Jul 27, 2014 at 6:44 PM Post #11,396 of 19,652
All the love for Sandisk. I picked up a samsung 64gb evo. Amazon has them for 43. If I decide to keep the X5 I will either pick up another one or wait for the evo 128gb to come out.

Sandisk is known to have the best reliability across the board. I've never really had issues with their cards. Then again they are the original makers so why not?

Jul 27, 2014 at 8:11 PM Post #11,399 of 19,652
Well, decided to order the HS6.  I'm currently using a Bocur interconnect that I got from one of our members as a free gift with the E12 I bought from him, so I might not end up using the included interconnect, but I'll get around to ABing the two and see which I like more.  Plus it never hurts to have a spare one lying around.  With my X5 arriving on Tuesday, my plans to get an X1 might be dead now, unless I sell or gift my X3.  Either way, I really hope I like how the X5 sounds, or at least find it on par with the X3 as far as enjoyability.  Who knows, if the X1 has a line out like I'm pretty sure I remember reading, I very well might end up buying one to keep in my car, although electronics and Texas summers can be a bad idea (lost a pair of glasses to that heat.)  Either way, here's to never having to swap sd cards on my X3 again if I'm pleased with the X5!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back