The Fiio X3 Thread.
Jul 19, 2013 at 10:32 AM Post #2,973 of 17,481
Guys, my sd card arrived and it works fine and I put the firmware update on it, but when I put it in the X3 is says "File system not support or file not found". any ideas?
This probably was explained before but I can't go reading 200 pages at work.

Thanks for the help

Jul 19, 2013 at 10:46 AM Post #2,974 of 17,481
Guys, my sd card arrived and it works fine and I put the firmware update on it, but when I put it in the X3 is says "File system not support or file not found". any ideas?
This probably was explained before but I can't go reading 200 pages at work.

Thanks for the help

Did you format the SD card to FAT32?

Jul 19, 2013 at 11:29 AM Post #2,976 of 17,481
I have a question.

I am about to buy a pair pf Grado GR-10's IEM, but i'd like to know how well they pair with the X3.

Jul 19, 2013 at 12:02 PM Post #2,979 of 17,481
My Fiio X3 arrived on Monday. However while I was waiting for it I decided to use my HTC ONE and I downloaded a good few flac files. I also use Spotify premium on it and I will be honest its hard to fault whilst connected to my Fiio E12.

The X3 has had about 1 hour use so far as I have been very busy this week but the early signs seem poor due to extremely bright harsh treble. I used a pair of Sennheiser Momentums for reference and they are very neutral sounding with bags of detaiI when connected to the HTC. I hope the X3 will soften out after a few hours of play time. I remember when I got the E 12 it played a similar party trick on me but now its a truly exceptional piece for kit for the price. I suppose decent audio never sounds good out of the box.

Rds

Jul 19, 2013 at 12:15 PM Post #2,980 of 17,481
My Fiio X3 arrived on Monday. However while I was waiting for it I decided to use my HTC ONE and I downloaded a good few flac files. I also use Spotify premium on it and I will be honest its hard to fault whilst connected to my Fiio E12.

The X3 has had about 1 hour use so far as I have been very busy this week but the early signs seem poor due to extremely bright harsh treble. I used a pair of Sennheiser Momentums for reference and they are very neutral sounding with bags of detaiI when connected to the HTC. I hope the X3 will soften out after a few hours of play time. I remember when I got the E 12 it played a similar party trick on me but now its a truly exceptional piece for kit for the price. I suppose decent audio never sounds good out of the box.

Rds

That's weird as the x3 is considered warm by most people

Jul 19, 2013 at 2:08 PM Post #2,983 of 17,481
Jul 19, 2013 at 2:13 PM Post #2,984 of 17,481
correct me if i am wrong, but i felt the x3 sounded very closely similar to fiio's very own e07... i think both have the same dac...
They don't sound similar at all in my opinion. Ok, they have similar characteristics in general, but the difference is there.

Jul 19, 2013 at 3:22 PM Post #2,985 of 17,481
Quote:
Hi there, I'm looking for overkill DAC (maybe with amp) for X3 - what's the best?

Why in the World would you ever need an external DAC?! 
confused.gif
The X3 is sooooooo good on its own!

j/k :-]

If you want to use the X3 simply as a transport, any DAC with coax in will do. Really, in this scenario there's no pairing, sound sig matching or sinergy at all; just take the best external DAC (and amp) you can buy and live happily!
wink.gif

... If only the HiFi-M8 had coax in...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back