The Fiio X3 Thread.
Jul 16, 2013 at 2:41 AM Post #2,928 of 17,481
well, on a side note, what open headphones do you guys suggest for the x3 for under $400? am currently using hd598 and i felt it was ..... underwhelming to say the least (bass particularly was very shy). my supplier suggested a he400 or a better source would improve the situation... what do you guys think? i listen to lots of rock and pop songs.. and the only amp i have is the e12 if that helps... any suggestions?

Bass you say? Give the Fidelio X1 a try.

Jul 16, 2013 at 7:56 AM Post #2,929 of 17,481
Quote:

we have test the whole album and X3 has not problem to support in 192k/24b flac format. 

Quote:
Mine was in .ape format

These are the posts I was referring to:

Quote:
Neither 24/192 or 24/96 WAV work actually, according to my test. I am not sure if that is a bug or not, or it is yet to be implemented into the firmware. But all other HD FLAC does work, in case you wonder.

Quote:

After some retesting, I can confirm that X3 does play 24/96 and 24/192 WAV just fine. The wav files I used to test X3 previous are generated by a software that somehow doesn't play well with X3. Using another software, I was able to convert the some new wav files and all of them plays on X3 without a problem. Sorry for the hiccup.

He re-ripped/re-converted the files in WAV again and the problem was gone.
@levanter: you can try to convert/rip the files again with EAC or dBpoweramp.

Jul 16, 2013 at 12:45 PM Post #2,930 of 17,481
tbh i am not too sure myself what to get.... well any suggestion on your end? iems? closed headphones? any particular recommendations?
Nothing really as a suggestion as its entirely up to you./

It's just not advisable to use open air desktop headphones with portable devices UNLESS you have a specific reason for it.

Can you try removing the files that aren't working. Updating the X3. And then putting them back in, and re updating

Jul 16, 2013 at 1:52 PM Post #2,932 of 17,481
Quote:

Impedance considerations aside, why do you feel this way?  (just curious)

I'd like to know as well. 
ph34r.gif

Jul 16, 2013 at 1:54 PM Post #2,933 of 17,481
Impedance considerations aside, why do you feel this way?  (just curious)

I don't feel that way actually :)

I do use my Q701's with portable units very often.

BUT

Why do I say that is the question you should be asking.

It's a failsafe, reminder/friendly nudge to newbies(how can you tell if they are? You can't really just by post count).

I find that A LOT of newbies will ask about open air headphones AND portable amps and DAC's when they are actually looking for the opposite.

If a user with low post count, generic avatar describes a situation that is a bit out of the norm of expectations. I give them a friendly nudge to make sure they know what they are buying.
----------------------------

Example, a newbie will ask if the E17 or iBasso Dzero will be great for him. He wants to use it for his laptop at home

Friendly nudge warning bell then goes off inside my head as I ascertain to make sure he knows that the units he are buying are portable ones, and if a desktop one would be better for him.

Half the time, they actually are just spouting random popular models of units without knowing their purpose. Which is really the point of my nudges.

They know what they are getting and want an open air headphone for their DAP? Ok, thats perfectly fine then. Just be sure it can drive it etc etc and that you know.

So yeah, friendly nudges to ascertain what a user really is looking for and that it is compatible with their lifestyle is my goal as most just drop popular headphone/amp/DAC names down as recommendations.

Jul 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM Post #2,934 of 17,481
Quote:
I don't feel that way actually
smily_headphones1.gif

I do use my Q701's with portable units very often.

BUT

Why do I say that is the question you should be asking.

It's a failsafe, reminder/friendly nudge to newbies(how can you tell if they are? You can't really just by post count).

I find that A LOT of newbies will ask about open air headphones AND portable amps and DAC's when they are actually looking for the opposite.

If a user with low post count, generic avatar describes a situation that is a bit out of the norm of expectations. I give them a friendly nudge to make sure they know what they are buying.

Example, a newbie will ask if the E17 or iBasso Dzero will be great for him. He wants to use it for his laptop at home

Friendly nudge warning bell then goes off inside my head as I ascertain to make sure he knows that the units he are buying are portable ones, and if a desktop one would be better for him.

Half the time, they actually are just spouting random popular models of units without knowing their purpose. Which is really the point of my nudges.

They know what they are getting and want an open air headphone for their DAP? Ok, thats perfectly fine then. Just be sure it can drive it etc etc and that you know.

So yeah, friendly nudges to ascertain what a user really is looking for and that it is compatible with their lifestyle is my goal as most just drop popular headphone/amp/DAC names down as recommendations.

Fair enuf - your 'offending' post (
size]
) was just ambiguous in its intention, is all ! LOL 
size]

From a personal POV, I've never used headphones with desktop gear, only DAPs (DX100 etc.), but then I've never spent proper money on headphones, just CIEMs. I do quite fancy a USB DAC-Amp, though, since I'm regularly using my laptop.

I reckon my next serious purchase, though, will be a DX50 or an X5 
size]

Jul 16, 2013 at 4:58 PM Post #2,936 of 17,481
When does the x3 come out in the us?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/651769/fiio-x3-thread-full-review-http-www-head-fi-org-t-663600-impression-fiio-x3-high-fi-low-price/2895#post_9614888

Jul 16, 2013 at 5:09 PM Post #2,938 of 17,481
http://www.head-fi.org/t/651769/fiio-x3-thread-full-review-http-www-head-fi-org-t-663600-impression-fiio-x3-high-fi-low-price/2820#post_9605721

5 Days ago James said they may ship next week. That of course is a may ship.

Micca Store will be the first to have it if it does ship in the next few days. They usually update their Amazon store pretty quickly, but check their main site if you want to purchase. Obviously don't go pressing 'Refresh' every hour. If it arrives on Micca, this thread will probably have an explosion and you can tell by that :D

Jul 16, 2013 at 5:09 PM Post #2,939 of 17,481
Quote:

Well, I think it's out of his hands at the moment, so he's just waiting to see how well the current production batch goes (there were apparently some problems with the previous production run, which slowed things down).

I reckon if you plan for 2nd week August you'll probably end up happy.

Thanks again, Mython! Hope they release it soon :)!

Jul 16, 2013 at 5:10 PM Post #2,940 of 17,481
Quote:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/651769/fiio-x3-thread-full-review-http-www-head-fi-org-t-663600-impression-fiio-x3-high-fi-low-price/2820#post_9605721

5 Days ago James said they may ship next week. That of course is a may ship.

Micca Store will be the first to have it if it does ship in the next few days. They usually update their Amazon store pretty quickly, but check their main site if you want to purchase. Obviously don't go pressing 'Refresh' every hour. If it arrives on Micca, this thread will probably have an explosion and you can tell by that
biggrin.gif

Is this Micca Store here in US? Are they better than MP4Nation? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back