The Fiio X3 Thread.
Jul 15, 2013 at 12:29 PM Post #2,911 of 17,481
Quote:
There has not been a release date given yet, and IIRC that's not the final design.

Thx, let's wait !
Again
popcorn.gif

Jul 15, 2013 at 1:30 PM Post #2,912 of 17,481
Quote:
Thanks Mython, I was hoping James would reply with some dates :)

Well, I think it's out of his hands at the moment, so he's just waiting to see how well the current production batch goes (there were apparently some problems with the previous production run, which slowed things down).

I reckon if you plan for 2nd week August you'll probably end up happy.

Jul 15, 2013 at 11:02 PM Post #2,915 of 17,481
Quote:

I think ClieOS had a similar issue: he converted the songs to another lossless format and they played just fine.

we have test the whole album and X3 has not problem to support in 192k/24b flac format. 

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jul 15, 2013 at 11:09 PM Post #2,916 of 17,481
Are any X3 owners out there experiencing any of these bugs?

1. Not all songs are properly updated... some are missing from 'playall' even after updating multiple times, but u can access it from 'browse files'.

2. My 'Category' ---> 'Album' has the dedicated Album names, but once u access the dedicated albums there's nothing inside the Album files. Same goes for 'Genre' and 'Artist'.

Any solutions/suggestion to this solve this? 
bigsmile_face.gif
 highly appreciated for any help...

i am on firmware FW1.20 btw

Jul 15, 2013 at 11:58 PM Post #2,917 of 17,481
Quote:

1. Not all songs are properly updated... some are missing from 'playall' even after updating multiple times, but u can access it from 'browse files'.

2. My 'Category' ---> 'Album' has the dedicated Album names, but once u access the dedicated albums there's nothing inside the Album files. Same goes for 'Genre' and 'Artist'.

bigsmile_face.gif

I experience second issue in which an album name can never get deleted even after all the files and the folder are removed... I am on FW1.23EN and use mainly FLAC ... The issue occurred when I tried to change the album title using foobar on window e.g. adding disc 2...

It is no big deal tho

Jul 16, 2013 at 12:03 AM Post #2,918 of 17,481
we have test the whole album and X3 has not problem to support in 192k/24b flac format. 

Mine was in .ape format?

bigsmile_face.gif

Check under unknown albums? Quite a number of mine fell into there..

Jul 16, 2013 at 12:10 AM Post #2,919 of 17,481
i checked under unknown, and most of the other album files (about 40%), and its empty.... same goes for artist and genre... yea and as cosmic ghost said, the album do remain even if the files are deleted.... i have mixture of mp3s and FLACs, not sure if it has anything to do with either of these formats...

Jul 16, 2013 at 1:51 AM Post #2,920 of 17,481

bigsmile_face.gif

Are the missing files Apple format or APE or Wave? If so, it may be due to that.

Jul 16, 2013 at 2:00 AM Post #2,921 of 17,481
@bowei006 i dont use apple products (no hate :D), so no ALAC files, same goes for APE and wave file... basically all of them are mp3 and FLAC files... after updating to FW1.20, there wasnt any issues, i only got the bug recently (more specifically yesterday), maybe i did misclick something... I tried resetting and restoring to factory default multiple times already, the problem still persist, maybe its just my player lol.... any help?

Jul 16, 2013 at 2:08 AM Post #2,922 of 17,481
@bowei006 i dont use apple products (no hate :D), so no ALAC files, same goes for APE and wave file... basically all of them are mp3 and FLAC files... after updating to FW1.20, there wasnt any issues, i only got the bug recently (more specifically yesterday), maybe i did misclick something... I tried resetting and restoring to factory default multiple times already, the problem still persist, maybe its just my player lol.... any help?
Many players can now play AlAC thanks to apple making it slightly general usage.

Maybe check the song files on your computer on the x3 and see if they are still there and if the id3 tags are also

Jul 16, 2013 at 2:12 AM Post #2,923 of 17,481
well, on a side note, what open headphones do you guys suggest for the x3 for under $400? am currently using hd598 and i felt it was ..... underwhelming to say the least (bass particularly was very shy). my supplier suggested a he400 or a better source would improve the situation... what do you guys think? i listen to lots of rock and pop songs.. and the only amp i have is the e12 if that helps... any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back