The Fiio X3 Thread.
May 4, 2013 at 9:05 AM Post #737 of 17,481
Quote:

Finally, received my X3 today!

OMG!!! This photo makes the X3 look soooo delicious! 
eek.gif

May 4, 2013 at 9:27 AM Post #738 of 17,481
How's the quality of the 3.5mm jack? I have the Audio Technica AD900, and since the plug is so heavy and large, it ends up breaking a little soldering spot on my Clip+'s 3.5mm jack, so I get sound cuts. I don't want X3's to end up breaking, is it sturdy enough?

May 4, 2013 at 11:39 AM Post #739 of 17,481

James has said that the quality of the shell (not sound quality) of X3 is not as good as E17, because it is designed three years ago (before E17, I guess?). You can see that the plastic shell does have some minor imperfection. If it is not a matter of budget, I guess in the future if there is something like X03K it will come with a E17-like shell. But I don't want to wait for that long, and more importantly it is not an important problem. SQ should be the dominant factor, and I guess most of us will use a case for the X3. The plastic case in the box is quite good.

My experience so far is that jacks are sturdy, buttons are sensitive and the screen is better than I have expected.

May 4, 2013 at 12:35 PM Post #745 of 17,481
well the c3 is a good player (from all the reviews here) so i'll get him and a nice amp
any suggestions for a nice small up to 150$ amp?
and where do i get the cables to connect to the mini usb part of the player?

thx for the help :)

May 4, 2013 at 1:33 PM Post #746 of 17,481
Quote:
well the c3 is a good player (from all the reviews here) so i'll get him and a nice amp
any suggestions for a nice small up to 150$ amp?
and where do i get the cables to connect to the mini usb part of the player?

thx for the help :)

How about taking your question to the C3 thread? Last I checked, this thread says "Fiio X3" in its title.

May 4, 2013 at 2:15 PM Post #750 of 17,481
Quote:
I'm looking forward to the X3 and the X5.  Then in the future hopefully an X2 similar in size to the clip but with a little more power.

James said they have plans for X1 X3 and X5. X3 is already out, we know X5 is also coming probably at the end of this year (X-Mas gift, yay!). X1, it all depends on James. Maybe he will come and give us a little hint about when it will be out 
tongue.gif
 Dreaming is free, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back