The Fiio X3 Thread.
Nov 24, 2014 at 7:07 PM Post #13,607 of 17,481
the more i compare it to the Galaxy S1, more i  get so frustrated how bad it sounds. even on high gain it still sounds so tiny and dry. the instruments are not present and the vocals sounds compressed. anyone of you still have the S1, try it! i regret buying this thing.

Nov 24, 2014 at 7:47 PM Post #13,611 of 17,481
  The S1 also houses a Wolfson made DAC, which is higher in numbers than the one we have on the X3. Wolfson Micoelectronics WM8994.

i wish i can have one for testing 
redface.gif

Nov 24, 2014 at 8:09 PM Post #13,612 of 17,481
  The S1 also houses a Wolfson made DAC, which is higher in numbers than the one we have on the X3. Wolfson Micoelectronics WM8994.

Higher in numbers like formula 3 is to formula 1? like EOS 700d is to EOS 1d?

The WM8994 is a low power integrated DAC/amp specifically designed for smartphones etc. The WM8740 is a high performance stereo DAC for use in HiFi type products.

Nov 24, 2014 at 8:21 PM Post #13,614 of 17,481
@sparda- I think it may be your headphones. The way you are describing this is nothing like mine sounds with the countless IEMs and headphone I have. If you don't like the sound you may want to try iBasso or just be happy with the S1. But like saying goes around here, YMMV.

Nov 24, 2014 at 10:14 PM Post #13,615 of 17,481
Hi guys, I have a question about the shuffle feature: does it make sure that every track is played (before a track is played twice), or does it just play any random song? I liked how the shuffle feature on ipods and rockboxed players make some sort of shuffle playlist when you set to shuffle so I was wondering if the X3 does something similar

Nov 24, 2014 at 10:26 PM Post #13,616 of 17,481
  Hi guys, I have a question about the shuffle feature: does it make sure that every track is played (before a track is played twice), or does it just play any random song? I liked how the shuffle feature on ipods and rockboxed players make some sort of shuffle playlist when you set to shuffle so I was wondering if the X3 does something similar

It appears the X3 (and the X5) make a playlist when you listen in shuffle mode. Many have commented that it is not random. I listen to both devices in shuffle mode and it appears to be true. There are times when a particular artist or artists seems "favored', but the creation of a random playlist could result in this happening.

I have zero complaints with the shuffle all performance. I think it is at least as good as on the 4 iPods I previously enjoyed.

Nov 25, 2014 at 12:52 AM Post #13,617 of 17,481
  It appears the X3 (and the X5) make a playlist when you listen in shuffle mode. Many have commented that it is not random. I listen to both devices in shuffle mode and it appears to be true. There are times when a particular artist or artists seems "favored', but the creation of a random playlist could result in this happening.

I have zero complaints with the shuffle all performance. I think it is at least as good as on the 4 iPods I previously enjoyed.

Glad to hear that. These players are quite well-rounded then, with good shuffle and folder browse implementation. It sucks going on shuffle but having the same songs play over and over again lol! Looks like amazon has a nice deal going with the X3 right now, maybe I'll pick one up. Or maybe an x1.

Decisions, decisions
triportsad.gif

Nov 25, 2014 at 2:02 AM Post #13,618 of 17,481
  i just bought this player last week and till now i still do not seem to understand its sound signature. currently on FW 2.14b as most people claim that its the best sounding version available and I have to agree with them. I have 16/24-bit FLAC files and don't listen to MP3's.

But why is the Voodoo'd Samsung Galaxy S1 together with PowerAMP app still sounds better that this $200.00 player? Can anyone explain why?

as i remember, reading this thread, there be one good man, who measures frequency surve of FiiO X3 with various firmwares - 2.14, 3, 3.2
result is - it was practically identical, who means, all that "new firmware gives truly different sound!" is pure placebo effect...?

Nov 25, 2014 at 2:24 AM Post #13,619 of 17,481
BTW, can anybody says full list of filesystems, supportd in X3?
it seems support FAT32.  exfat? NTFS? EXT2 / 3? any other FS ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back