The Fiio X3 Thread.
Aug 30, 2014 at 5:19 PM Post #12,498 of 17,481
Does the X3 have the ability to use any volume leveling feature such as ReplayGain/AACGain/VorbGain etc?  Hate it when a quiet song is followed on random by a big song that scares the crap out of me while relaxing!

(My apologies if this has been addressed, searched and found little to go by)

Aug 30, 2014 at 5:32 PM Post #12,499 of 17,481
  Does the X3 have the ability to use any volume leveling feature such as ReplayGain/AACGain/VorbGain etc?  Hate it when a quiet song is followed on random by a big song that scares the crap out of me while relaxing!

(My apologies if this has been addressed, searched and found little to go by)

Blunt answer: No

Sorry >.>

Aug 30, 2014 at 7:52 PM Post #12,500 of 17,481
  Nice! Thanks! Will look into both Jds tomorrow and audition it. tomorrow will get it one definitely =D

good luck 
beerchug.gif

Aug 30, 2014 at 11:16 PM Post #12,504 of 17,481
I don't think they will be legit.

I took a shot and grabbed one.. Worst comes to worst, I'll rwnt the dudes eBay and Paypal accounts if he tries to **** me.

Joe replied that 3.2 is legit. He will post a download link when he gets his hands on it. I asked for a change log too.

I've been gone a while. 3.2 sounds nice. 

Aug 31, 2014 at 2:16 AM Post #12,505 of 17,481
I took a shot and grabbed one.. Worst comes to worst, I'll rwnt the dudes eBay and Paypal accounts if he tries to **** me.

I've been gone a while. 3.2 sounds nice. 

The returns policy states that ONLY UNOPENED items can be returned within 60 days. That pretty much means that after you find out it's fake, you're screwed. Or, you have to pay the initial shipping and return shipping if you get cold feet and return it without opening. Either way it's a loss.

I bet you it's fake. Guaranteed.

Aug 31, 2014 at 5:59 AM Post #12,507 of 17,481
  FiiO X1 has an EQ, FiiO X5 has an eq, hope 3.2 addresses the lack of EQ on the X3

Not so sure it will. As good as the X5 is, many have complained about the implementation of it's EQ, some calling it basically useless. FiiO included an EQ in one of the X3's beta firmwares but ended up not including it in the stable firmware release for some reason, plus most X3 users are very satisfied with the X3's simple tone controls.

Aug 31, 2014 at 7:09 AM Post #12,508 of 17,481
Not so sure it will. As good as the X5 is, many have complained about the implementation of it's EQ, some calling it basically useless. FiiO included an EQ in one of the X3's beta firmwares but ended up not including it in the stable firmware release for some reason, plus most X3 users are very satisfied with the X3's simple tone controls.

The X5’s EQ is actually implemented in a way as it should, it's people misunderstanding what an equaliser ís, that's in the wrong here. when activating the EQ, it lowers the soundlevel on all frequencies by 6dB, because you'd get clipping if you would be able to just raise a frequency by 6dB.

you have 12dB volume difference between highest and lowest level. Highest level(+6dB) is (close to) the normal, EQ-less level.

This is a software equaliser, unlike the X3's, which, if i recall correctly, has a bass/treble boost/reducer on hardware level.

Aug 31, 2014 at 7:39 AM Post #12,509 of 17,481

I think that the X3 boosts the bass very nicely. lots of other devices mess it up but the x3 doesn't. I would maybe like it to boost the lower bass though. I seems to boost the mid bass more that the lower frequencies.

Aug 31, 2014 at 8:44 AM Post #12,510 of 17,481

Count me in. Every time I have EQ controls, they wind up being great for certain albums and artists, and ruinous for others, so you have to back and readjust . It's overkill, unless you're willing to constantly fiddle with the device. Would rather just listen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back