The Fiio X3 Thread.
Aug 17, 2014 at 9:53 AM Post #12,272 of 17,480
Don't know if I'm posting in the right place but I can't seem to download Fiio X3 3.0 firmware. Am using Mac (Mavericks) with Safari overtime I go to mediafire website to download i type in the correct capture but it doesn't  work - do I need to become a member of media fire before I get to download? I've done this almost 30 times over the last 2 days and every time their capture code it doesn't work. I've even tried the audio version same results. Do I need to use a Windows machine? Or a different browser perhaps?

Thanks guys.

Aug 17, 2014 at 9:57 AM Post #12,273 of 17,480
Don't know if I'm posting in the right place but I can't seem to download Fiio X3 3.0 firmware. Am using Mac (Mavericks) with Safari overtime I go to mediafire website to download i type in the correct capture but it doesn't  work - do I need to become a member of media fire before I get to download? I've done this almost 30 times over the last 2 days and every time their capture code it doesn't work. I've even tried the audio version same results. Do I need to use a Windows machine? Or a different browser perhaps?

Thanks guys.

Why not go to Fiio website to download ?

Aug 17, 2014 at 10:02 AM Post #12,274 of 17,480

Thanks guys.

Yes
I have Mavericks too and the FW file from  http://www.fiio.com.cn/support/download.aspx, downloads fine.

Regards !!

Aug 17, 2014 at 6:23 PM Post #12,276 of 17,480
I think the problem is the website he was downloading from rather than a computer issue.

Aug 17, 2014 at 6:58 PM Post #12,277 of 17,480
Mediafire is the link from fiio's website. So I don't understand why I was getting the issues. Now i do - if you connect your X# to your computer (mac) it won't download. You'll need to remove the MicroSD card put it into an adapter then it works fine otherwise you keep getting repeatedly a capture code and no matter how many times you key in the correct capture code it reloads when you click download and gives you another capture code -cycle continues.

Aug 18, 2014 at 6:59 PM Post #12,279 of 17,480
Hello, Has anyone had issues with gapless playback with AAC files?  I've noticed that mp3 gapless playback is perfect, but AAC gapless playback still has hiccups.  I'm using FW 3.0, encoding AAC with qaac.

Thanks.

Aug 19, 2014 at 1:06 AM Post #12,280 of 17,480
I only have a 32Gig card right now, and I was getting bored with the FLAC files on the card, so I put my AAC music library on there.  I have gapless on, and I haven't noticed any hiccups.  Are you talking about playing through one album, or jumping from song to song in the library?  Let me know, and I'll give it a go.  I'm running the beta firmware 3.0EX.

Aug 19, 2014 at 2:08 AM Post #12,281 of 17,480
  I only have a 32Gig card right now, and I was getting bored with the FLAC files on the card, so I put my AAC music library on there.  I have gapless on, and I haven't noticed any hiccups.  Are you talking about playing through one album, or jumping from song to song in the library?  Let me know, and I'll give it a go.  I'm running the beta firmware 3.0EX.

Hello thanks.  I have gapless on, playing album through consecutively.  I'm browsing by folder structure and not by tag

I can dig out the command line I used tomorrow.

Aug 19, 2014 at 7:21 AM Post #12,282 of 17,480
I had my first skipping with AAC this week. I had converted it from a CD to AAC. So this time I converted it to
Flac uncompressed then to AAC and the problem was gone. Don't Know why this happened but it worked.It also
made the tagging for AAC easier with no data loss.

Aug 19, 2014 at 10:59 AM Post #12,283 of 17,480

Hello thanks.  I have gapless on, playing album through consecutively.  I'm browsing by folder structure and not by tag

I can dig out the command line I used tomorrow.

That's how I play mine.  Pick option 3 from the main menu, then option 2, select an album and go.  I like to listen to albums straight through, so that's how I roll.  I haven't had any skipping or freezing using firmware 3.0EX, but I did notice a slight pop when playing "Dark Side of the Moon."  Going from "Speak to Me" to "Breathe", but that's the only thing I have to report at this point.  That could just be a problem with the downconversion from FLAC though, so that's what I chalked it up to.  Maybe try the beta firmware for yourself, and see if that fixes the problems you're having.  Do a reset of the X3, then load the new firmware.  I always to a full reset and then add the new firmware if I can, makes me feel better.  Good luck.

Aug 19, 2014 at 11:04 AM Post #12,284 of 17,480
  I had my first skipping with AAC this week. I had converted it from a CD to AAC. So this time I converted it to
Flac uncompressed then to AAC and the problem was gone. Don't Know why this happened but it worked.It also
made the tagging for AAC easier with no data loss.

That's what I do with all my music.  I have two separate folders, one for iTunes, for the wife and daughter, and one on the desktop called "FLAC files" for myself.  Only reason I put AAC on my X3 is I was getting bored with the albums I had on there in FLAC, and wanted to get my library, for more choice.  But I always rip to FLAC, then use dbPoweramp to convert to AAC.  I just downloaded the codec to do that a month ago, I used to rip a CD twice, this is much faster.  Cleared out the iTunes library, and redid it with a batch conversion from my "FLAC files" library.  Took a couple hours, but I've had no problems with playback on the X3 so far.  Watch now, as my X3 goes into spastic fits of skipping and not playing files, now that I've said that. 
mad.gif
  So far so good for me.
L3000.gif

Aug 19, 2014 at 2:44 PM Post #12,285 of 17,480
  That's how I play mine.  Pick option 3 from the main menu, then option 2, select an album and go.  I like to listen to albums straight through, so that's how I roll.  I haven't had any skipping or freezing using firmware 3.0EX, but I did notice a slight pop when playing "Dark Side of the Moon."  Going from "Speak to Me" to "Breathe", but that's the only thing I have to report at this point.  That could just be a problem with the downconversion from FLAC though, so that's what I chalked it up to.  Maybe try the beta firmware for yourself, and see if that fixes the problems you're having.  Do a reset of the X3, then load the new firmware.  I always to a full reset and then add the new firmware if I can, makes me feel better.  Good luck.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I'm listening to some live concerts so audible gaps amid crowd noise between tracks is obvious.  The gaps don't show up when I play FLAC on PC or even mp3 on the X3.

My qaac commandline is just: "-V110 --silent - -o %d"

I suppose I could re-encode my FLAC to mp3, but I'd rather not bother.

Do I need to be a beta tester to use the beta firmware?  I never signed up for that.  What do you mean by resetting the X3?  Just the hard reset with a paperclip/whatever?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back