The Fiio X3 Thread.
May 12, 2014 at 5:00 PM Post #10,097 of 17,480
  i've just installed 2.14b firmware after i did my own volume mode to 120 using extraction tool for x5 modified to use x3 :)
Now, i want to modify first menu screen, that 2x3 matrix it's not to intuitive, pressing down goes right first to [1,2] cell, then to next row.
Would it be possible to have 6 lines menu too? i found images in e.g. \litegui\theme4\launcher\ .
is there any other place to change beside them? probably image position should also be changed to fit the screen one per row.
Thanks.

I did a mod for a list based UI;
http://www.head-fi.org/t/684793/diy-your-own-theme-for-your-lovely-x3/90#post_10517681

It's not too hard to adjust the positions - just make the necessary changes in the coord. folders. Probably the biggest problem right now is there is now way to test on a pc. You have to flash the fw to see what's f'd up
biggrin.gif
. Feel free to poke around in mine, if you make any changes upload it to the DIY thread.

Cheers

May 12, 2014 at 5:02 PM Post #10,099 of 17,480
  we already released 2.18beta firmware , which supports 120 volume . and I believe we can release the final version in the coming soon. 

I think that this firmware has improved enough for a bigger than 2.1x number already
wink.gif
 (at least based on 2.14b)

May 12, 2014 at 5:11 PM Post #10,100 of 17,480
I think I have seen this said before but it will take me a while to work out what page it is on. Will the X3 support M3u play lists on FW 2.1? Or, will it be able to on the next FW release? I also hope that the sound issue with Mp3s will be sorted out in the next FW upgrade. Every time a track ends or starts quietly, you can hear a very annoying hissing sound. I don't really know how to describe the sound better than that.

May 12, 2014 at 5:44 PM Post #10,101 of 17,480
oO, what happened to this guy's very first posting, where he provided a DL link to the 2.18beta? This was just about one hour ago but somehow this post doesn't exist anymore...strangely^^

It's not a public beta, and the person posting it shouldn't have done this.
I believe one of the rules of the beta program is not talking about it outside of the beta group, and most definitely NOT leaking a beta firmware.

May 12, 2014 at 5:48 PM Post #10,102 of 17,480
It's not a public beta, and the person posting it shouldn't have done this.
I believe one of the rules of the beta program is not talking about it outside of the beta group, and most definitely NOT leaking a beta firmware.

Well stated.  Beta firmware files and discussion must stay within the official internal beta testing program. 

May 12, 2014 at 6:47 PM Post #10,110 of 17,480
2.18Beta is findable. Also, I just got my x3 today. It's awesome so far.

Of course 2.18-beta is findable. What we don't want is a bunch of people getting it, whining about bugs on Head-fi, and making people confused. It's already happened. Search through the thread. People have been confusing beta firmware bugs with stable firmware bugs. The simplest and best way to get the beta firmware is to PM Joe and ask to join the beta testing group.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back