The Fiio X3 Thread.
Nov 28, 2013 at 2:48 PM Post #6,769 of 17,481
Just picked up the Fiio X3 for $139 shipping from Adorama. I have been wanting to replace my Zune HD. To be honest, I don't listen to portable music that often but when I do, I don't want to drain the battery on my phone. This is a small-ish barrier to entry.

Nov 28, 2013 at 2:55 PM Post #6,770 of 17,481
  Just picked up the Fiio X3 for $139 shipping from Adorama. I have been wanting to replace my Zune HD. To be honest, I don't listen to portable music that often but when I do, I don't want to drain the battery on my phone. This is a small-ish barrier to entry.

That's a great deal!  I'm the same way with my phone - don't want to drain the battery and not have it available for it's primary use.  I think you'll like the X3 for your portable needs.

Nov 28, 2013 at 3:04 PM Post #6,772 of 17,481
  A poll of sorts: I wrote to FiiO:
"“Browse Files” should be the 1st menu item, not the 5th, since it is used every time one wants to change albums. (“Play All” should be at the bottom -- who ever wants to play everything on the player?!?)"
They replied that as far as they know the current menu does reflect user preferences:
"Regarding to the suggestion that “Browse Files” should be the 1st menu item, not the 5th and “Play All” should be at the bottom, kindly inform you that, it is a problem related to the personal habit. Many of our customers are satisfy with the UI."
So I'm curious if most folks indeed use play-all more than browse-files, as well as the other items that are listed above browse-files in the list.
If I'm in the minority, no prob, but it seems wacky to me....

An option to organise the items would be the best. I use Category->Album personally.

Nov 28, 2013 at 3:09 PM Post #6,773 of 17,481
"“Browse Files” should be the 1st menu item, not the 5th, since it is used every time one wants to change albums. (“Play All” should be at the bottom -- who ever wants to play everything on the player?!?)"
They replied that as far as they know the current menu does reflect user preferences:
"Regarding to the suggestion that “Browse Files” should be the 1st menu item, not the 5th and “Play All” should be at the bottom, kindly inform you that, it is a problem related to the personal habit. Many of our customers are satisfy with the UI."
So I'm curious if most folks indeed use play-all more than browse-files, as well as the other items that are listed above browse-files in the list.

I use "Play all" nearly exclusively. If a song comes up I'm not in the mood for I just skip it. But that is rare. Usually I just let it rip.

BTW, I am considering an X3. Is this an SQ upgrade to a Sony NWZ-Z1060?

Nov 28, 2013 at 4:10 PM Post #6,775 of 17,481

I'm with you, I use only “Browse Files”, no "Play All", no "Favorites", no "Category".

Nov 28, 2013 at 5:16 PM Post #6,776 of 17,481

I'm with you, I use only “Browse Files”, no "Play All", no "Favorites", no "Category".

'Browse Files' only here to. Category is basically broken as far as I'm concerned, and who wants to Play All?

I'd also like to be able to hide the internal memory to save me having to button press past it every time I go to Browse.

Nov 28, 2013 at 5:38 PM Post #6,777 of 17,481
Hello everyone,

I have been trying to upgrade to the latest version of the FW 2.1, I just keep getting a message saying that the file cant be found.

This is what I did.....

Downloaded file from Fiio
Extracted file to my documents
Send to SD Card
Press the two buttons on X3 to try and initialise the transfer....this is when I get the message thatthe file cant be found, although the file is on the SD card.

The SD card is a 64gb SanDisc class 10, formatted to fat 32........there is approx 20 albums on the SD card in flac......is it absolutely necessary to have a bland SD card?

Chris....

Nov 28, 2013 at 5:45 PM Post #6,778 of 17,481
  Hello everyone,

I have been trying to upgrade to the latest version of the FW 2.1, I just keep getting a message saying that the file cant be found.

This is what I did.....

Downloaded file from Fiio
Extracted file to my documents
Send to SD Card
Press the two buttons on X3 to try and initialise the transfer....this is when I get the message thatthe file cant be found, although the file is on the SD card.

The SD card is a 64gb SanDisc class 10, formatted to fat 32........there is approx 20 albums on the SD card in flac......is it absolutely necessary to have a bland SD card?

Chris....

Sorry to say mate, but when updating the firmware, the Micro SD card must have ONLY the x3.fw file on it, nothing else. I know, it sucks, I went through the same thing of moving my music around. Hope it works! :)

Nov 28, 2013 at 5:45 PM Post #6,779 of 17,481
That will be around [COLOR=BD2227]$ 195[/COLOR]  for me, which is too much. Then i would rather buy them locally and not risk endning in customs.

Denmark is in the EU. You don't pay any extra to import from another EU country, because the VAT is paid in the source country. You can buy from the UK or any other EU country and not pay any import duties.

Nov 28, 2013 at 6:04 PM Post #6,780 of 17,481

Fair enough,
Well i think it's up to the individual how much time they need. So we'll agree on something if someone is willing to go with this.
I know it is unlikely, but head-Fi users continue to amaze me with their kindness and besides, if I don't even try it sure never is gonna happen.

Glad to see that it's working out for ya :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back