The Fiio X3 Thread.
Nov 27, 2013 at 1:33 PM Post #6,736 of 17,480

It sounds like you didn't extract the file - it has to be named x3.fw EXACTLY - no additional version numbers or anything. That looks like you copied the file that you downloaded directly to the card, not extracted the firmware file from the file you downloaded.

Dale

Ok I will try again, one more thing, do you have to go in sequential order or can you skip to the newest FW?

You can go directly to the newest firmware (and if desired, you can easily revert to an earlier firmware). The key thing to remember is the file is compressed when you download it (as a .zip). For example, the latest version is named X3_FW2.1_EN.zip when you download it from the fiio.com.cn website. When you extract the file from the zip archive, it should be named x3.fw EXACTLY, no matter what the version of the firmware you are trying to install. Hope that helps...

Dale

Nov 27, 2013 at 1:41 PM Post #6,737 of 17,480

You can go directly to the newest firmware (and if desired, you can easily revert to an earlier firmware). The key thing to remember is the file is compressed when you download it (as a .zip). For example, the latest version is named X3_FW2.1_EN.zip when you download it from the fiio.com.cn website. When you extract the file from the zip archive, it should be named x3.fw EXACTLY, no matter what the version of the firmware you are trying to install. Hope that helps...

Dale

I must be missing something, i just tried it again extracted all files to my card and it still showed FW2.1. I must be doing something wrong when extracting, but i only know this one way.So after Im done downloading from there website it shows the X3 FW2.1 and above it it reads EXTRACT ALL FILES, what should be the next step.

Nov 27, 2013 at 1:52 PM Post #6,738 of 17,480
Hi,

I have upgraded to the last 2.1 Fw.
I have updated the Library again. It took around 2 hours, but it is still not organized.
The only files organided are the ones that came with the player, the Chesky Album.
The others files I can Play in the Folder, but they are not organized.
I took the card out, re-inserted it, updated the library, but no luck.
Any help will be wellcome.
Thanks
Antonio

Nov 27, 2013 at 1:53 PM Post #6,739 of 17,480
  I must be missing something, i just tried it again extracted all files to my card and it still showed FW2.1. I must be doing something wrong when extracting, but i only know this one way.So after Im done downloading from there website it shows the X3 FW2.1 and above it it reads EXTRACT ALL FILES, what should be the next step.

Probably the best thing to do is extract the archive to desktop first. It seems the archive contains another folder with the docs/drivers etc. After you extract to the desktop look through the folders for the x3.fw file and copy that only to the root of your sd card. Should be all....

Maybe in the future people having format problems could post a screenshot of their directory structure? Definitely would help other troubleshoot. Just a suggestion.

Cheers

Nov 27, 2013 at 2:16 PM Post #6,740 of 17,480
Thanks everyone, I finally got it. I was tring to do all of them at once instead of the one i needed. It is updated and running. Thanks Again!!! 
gs1000.gif

Nov 27, 2013 at 5:35 PM Post #6,741 of 17,480
Hi,
As my last post, I was having problems with X3 Library scan.
I was not seeing the Artists, Albums etc in the category... I was seeing the Albums only inside the folders.
I tried many things, but end up formating the SDCard using the formater inside the player.
I re-imported the files, and now I can see the Artist Album structure, but some of the tracks are missing (I still can see it inside the folder).
Any help will be wellcome
Thanks
Antonio Souza

Nov 27, 2013 at 5:38 PM Post #6,742 of 17,480
Hello everyone.......I have tried a quick search through the last few pages but cant find any info on the following question.

Is there anyway to play music back gapless????.....does any of the firware editions enable this???

Chris...

Nov 27, 2013 at 6:30 PM Post #6,743 of 17,480
Hello everyone.......I have tried a quick search through the last few pages but cant find any info on the following question.

Is there anyway to play music back gapless????.....does any of the firware editions enable this???

Chris...

FW2.05 and above enable gapless playback. Some people report a brief click between AAC tracks but we're working on it. :)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 28, 2013 at 3:33 AM Post #6,747 of 17,480
OK after much time.... finally back to where I was with solidly working X3. I really am having a love/hate relationship here. Back to love again. By the way, I ended up updating the media library like every 2-3 cd's to be on the safe side. I found out the issue and I have one album that would freeze the X3 each time it would try to update it, thus the reason for updating the library to isolate any other album conflicts.

Nov 28, 2013 at 3:35 AM Post #6,748 of 17,480
With the X3 going for $139 at Adorama, would you guys say it's a good buy? Looking to replace my Zune HD.

yes a very good buy.... must have been for a very limited time it is 199 when I checked

Nov 28, 2013 at 3:50 AM Post #6,750 of 17,480
I just ordered the X3. The discount on X3 and E17 is just amazing

strange... I go to adorama and it shows me 199

Users who are viewing this thread

Back