The Fiio X3 Thread.
Jun 19, 2013 at 3:54 PM Post #1,891 of 17,481
Hi Yes 

I own the AK100 and the Fiio X3  and my first impressions is the sound quality is identical so i am now thinking of selling the AK100
on ebay . I have only had the X3 for 4 days but it is fantastic.  it maybe early days but X3 is very impressive .

Prior to this I owned a Nationite Sflo 2 with twin 8740 Wolfsun  DACS and that in my mind is better than either player.

By the way I cannot get the Fiio X3 to display artwork - any ideas ??

RDS

Nick Hayes

Jun 19, 2013 at 4:29 PM Post #1,892 of 17,481
Jun 19, 2013 at 4:30 PM Post #1,893 of 17,481
Quote:

Oh man :frowning2: Maybe Fiio can add this as an option in a future update?
I love how my Creative player functions in this regard. After selecting the artist, you get a list of all of that artist's albums. If you press play button when highlighting the artist's name,
it plays all the songs in a alphabetical order, if an album if highlighted, it plays the album in correct order.

Please Fiio give us proper navigation by tags, for mp3 AND flac. Cowon has almost ruined my Z2 for this reason, no gapless, FLAC tags not recognized but navigation is a pain! J3 was ok for this.
I hope X3 is not just about sound quality, it does matter but a bit of user friendliness does matter too when you use your portable device everyday.

Jun 19, 2013 at 7:07 PM Post #1,894 of 17,481
Quote:
I just can't make a new thread there - rules ! 

You are only not allowed to post there if you bought a product new, never used it, and are selling it for profit.

If you sell the X3 used, and sell for less than what you bought it for. You will technically be allowed to post it there. 

Jun 19, 2013 at 7:11 PM Post #1,895 of 17,481
Quote:

Isn't there a minimum post count before you are allowed to post in the for sale section, too?  That may be what the problem is...?
blink.gif

Jun 19, 2013 at 7:23 PM Post #1,897 of 17,481
Quote:
Isn't there a minimum post count before you are allowed to post in the for sale section, too?  That may be what the problem is...?
blink.gif

I didn't think there was? You seem to have enough.
Quote:

Yep... no idea why anyone should be jumping to the conclusion that he is trying to "flip" his device. I believe the minimum post is about 15 or so.

Nobody was.

He himself mentioned that he may not be able to due to the rules on selling units here. I mearley mentioned that if he sold it as used and without profit, it would abide by the rules. 

Jun 19, 2013 at 7:28 PM Post #1,898 of 17,481
Quote:
Nobody was.

He himself mentioned that he may not be able to due to the rules on selling units here. I mearley mentioned that if he sold it as used and without profit, it would abide by the rules. 

He said that he couldn't post, and referred to the "rules!" because he hasn't been a member long enough. He said he paid 170 pounds for it, and is planning on selling it for 150 pounds + shipping (not flipping). 

Here is his what he said: 
Originally Posted by sieniek /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi guys, today I've got my Fiio X3. It's great music player and SQ is better than "maybe" all other players in this price but I need something even better (C4 or maybe later this year X5). It's new one from today and I would like to sell it. I've paid nearly 170 pounds and will sell by 150 + shipping price. Everything is brand new - overall great product.
If it's not a good place for that kind of ads then really sorry. If someone is interested please on priv.

Jun 19, 2013 at 7:30 PM Post #1,899 of 17,481
Quote:
Nobody was.

Yep, I do, but he does not.  I found a thread from way back that said it was set at 50 posts minimum. 

But here is the latest rule:
Are there any posting limits or restrictions for the For Sale/Trade forums?

Yes. Anyone wishing to post a thread in the For Sale/Trade forums must be a member of Head-Fi for over thirty (30) days, and have over fifteen (15) posts. If you have not met these requirements, you will see "You are over your limit for posting this forum. Please check back later."

Please note that after you've made your 15th post (if you already have been a member for 30 days), the system takes one hour to update before you will have access.

WARNING:  Posting nonsense or useless posts to get to your 15 required posts is not allowed. If it is found that you reached the requirement by making such posts, your For Sale/Trade forum privileges may be revoked indefinitely, and you may be banned at least temporarily.

Jun 19, 2013 at 8:45 PM Post #1,900 of 17,481
Quote:
Hi Yes 

I own the AK100 and the Fiio X3  and my first impressions is the sound quality is identical so i am now thinking of selling the AK100
on ebay . I have only had the X3 for 4 days but it is fantastic.  it maybe early days but X3 is very impressive .

Prior to this I owned a Nationite Sflo 2 with twin 8740 Wolfsun  DACS and that in my mind is better than either player.

By the way I cannot get the Fiio X3 to display artwork - any ideas ??

RDS

Nick Hayes

Some of the head-fiers may not agree with your general statement because AK100 is 3.5X more expensive than X3.
biggrin.gif

Anyway don't mind if you can elaborate more the sound quality differences between X3 & AK100
base on below:

1) Sound Stage
2) Vocal/Instrument separation
3) Deep extended bass
4) Rich & thick detail sounding
5) Strong Mid-range Emphasis

Thanks.

Jun 19, 2013 at 10:18 PM Post #1,902 of 17,481
My limited experience with the X3(2 days) is that it's rather balanced and has enough clarity to make me satisfied. It has some warmth, it sounds beautiful! Soundstage is quite wide which I like, could have been wider though. The software is good, not great but everything seems to work smooth so far. I've owned a S:Flo 2 before but the X3 is more balanced overall. The S:Flo2 is good from what I remember, better than my clip+ for sure, especially in the soundstage arena.

So far I've only used my X3 with JVC FXZ-100. I sold all my cans years ago(LCD2,W1000x,HE-500) but I'm looking to get some easily driven fullsize cans, probably Philips Fidelio X1 or HE-400. If you have any thoughts about cans that have synergy with the X3, please PM me. Requirements are that they are open, wide soundstage, good midrange, relatively easily driven and has proper sub bass presence.

Regarding soundstage, with my galaxy S3 phone(wolfson DAC)) I've been using Nooxoide Eizo-rewire to expand the soundstage, it works pretty well without loosing much clarity or overall balance. Those kind of apps is the advatage of having an android platform as the operating system.

Jun 19, 2013 at 10:54 PM Post #1,904 of 17,481
Quote:
My limited experience with the X3(2 days) is that it's rather balanced and has enough clarity to make me satisfied. It has some warmth, it sounds beautiful! Soundstage is quite wide which I like, could have been wider though. The software is good, not great but everything seems to work smooth so far. I've owned a S:Flo 2 before but the X3 is more balanced overall. The S:Flo2 is good from what I remember, better than my clip+ for sure, especially in the soundstage arena.

So far I've only used my X3 with JVC FXZ-100. I sold all my cans years ago(LCD2,W1000x,HE-500) but I'm looking to get some easily driven fullsize cans, probably Philips Fidelio X1 or HE-400. If you have any thoughts about cans that have synergy with the X3, please PM me. Requirements are that they are open, wide soundstage, good midrange, relatively easily driven and has proper sub bass presence.

Regarding soundstage, with my galaxy S3 phone(wolfson DAC)) I've been using Nooxoide Eizo-rewire to expand the soundstage, it works pretty well without loosing much clarity or overall balance. Those kind of apps is the advatage of having an android platform as the operating system.

I tried HE-400 with a fiio e11 as an amp and an Ipod 5th gen with wolfson DAC and from what you said you wanted the HE-400 fits your bill. 

Jun 19, 2013 at 11:22 PM Post #1,905 of 17,481

Users who are viewing this thread

Back