The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
Feb 15, 2017 at 12:59 PM Post #9,556 of 9,972
Hi All

I've just bought a FiiO X3ii. I'll be using it for trips away and on the beach.

Can someone recommend an IEM for under £150 that would work well with it. I'm looking for a good amount of bass, but also detail.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Darren

Feb 15, 2017 at 2:15 PM Post #9,557 of 9,972
FiiO EX-1. If you can live with relatively weak isolation and the need for equalizing to exhaust its potential.

My personal settings:

–5.6     –4.8     –3.2     –1.4     +0.4     +2       +4.2     –2       –4.6     +1.4

Feb 15, 2017 at 8:21 PM Post #9,560 of 9,972
Any one recommend a good amp fo this? I currently have a Fiio E6 FiiO E6 Portable Audio Headphone Amplifier https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005HJWWW8/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_tai_W8vOybNTQCXZ2 I feel I need a little more power for the Audio-Technica ATH-R70x.

http://www.thetubestore.com/Parts-Accessories/Amps-and-Amp-Kits/Northern-Electric-Hybrid-Valve-Headphone-Amp

Feb 16, 2017 at 12:31 AM Post #9,561 of 9,972
[ATTACHMENT=4207]IMG_0865.JPG (1,759k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT]
Do I have this correct? Line out on the X3II to the line in on the Amp?
I do like the sound. So I can only control the sound from the amp volume knob? With everything attached the volume buttons on the player do not increase or decrease the volume?

Feb 16, 2017 at 1:24 AM Post #9,562 of 9,972

Do I have this correct? Line out on the X3II to the line in on the Amp?
I do like the sound. So I can only control the sound from the amp volume knob? With everything attached the volume buttons on the player do not increase or decrease the volume?

That is correct...  X3ii--line out--line in--HVA.

The wonderful thing I have learned recently is that the X3ii has a 'Variable Line Out" option in the Play Settings so you can adjust the volume on both.  

Feb 16, 2017 at 1:47 AM Post #9,563 of 9,972
That is correct...  X3ii--line out--line in--HVA.

The wonderful thing I have learned recently is that the X3ii has a 'Variable Line Out" option in the Play Settings so you can adjust the volume on both.  

Thanks! Indigo Bob!! I do need to get some thinner bands right now i have the two that came with the amp, but they kinda get in the way.

Feb 16, 2017 at 5:55 PM Post #9,565 of 9,972
  Hi All

I've just bought a FiiO X3ii. I'll be using it for trips away and on the beach.

Can someone recommend an IEM for under £150 that would work well with it. I'm looking for a good amount of bass, but also detail.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Darren

Well a great many IEM units will work with it.   At $150 pounds you could pick up the LZ-A4.  The reviews are good.  I have the LZ-A2 and its great (though discontinued).   My LZ-A4 was on order but the vendor wigged out.

I would be remiss in not mentioning the amazing value of the Carbo Tenore.  About $40 in the US.  Very balanced and musical.  Maybe a bit light on the very low bass end but overall quite pleasing.

But there are a ton of units at your price point that would be good.  I would avoid anything that is power hungry on general principles; though I never ran into power issues with my unit.

Feb 16, 2017 at 8:25 PM Post #9,566 of 9,972
   what case is this? I have now the digins case.

http://tuff-luv.com/faux-leather-case-cover-for-fiio-x3-2nd-gen-mp3-inc-screen-protector-black.html

Works great.  I wrap the outer flap around my Amp when I stack it.

Well a great many IEM units will work with it.   At $150 pounds you could pick up the LZ-A4.  The reviews are good.  I have the LZ-A2 and its great (though discontinued).   My LZ-A4 was on order but the vendor wigged out.

I would be remiss in not mentioning the amazing value of the Carbo Tenore.  About $40 in the US.  Very balanced and musical.  Maybe a bit light on the very low bass end but overall quite pleasing.

But there are a ton of units at your price point that would be good.  I would avoid anything that is power hungry on general principles; though I never ran into power issues with my unit.

I second the LZ A4...  Very good IEM's.

Feb 21, 2017 at 6:46 PM Post #9,568 of 9,972
Big question, to get more space I wanted to use OTG function, so is it worth to downgrade the FW from 2 to 1.4 or it's better to buy a bigger SSD? I'm using a 128 gb atm

Feb 21, 2017 at 8:41 PM Post #9,569 of 9,972
  Big question, to get more space I wanted to use OTG function, so is it worth to downgrade the FW from 2 to 1.4 or it's better to buy a bigger SSD? I'm using a 128 gb atm

A few thoughts.  First, a working OTG USB stick adapter is about $4 so the cost of the experiment is fairly low.
No cost to downgrade to 1.4.   So I would suggest you give the OTG a try and see how it works for you.
If it does not meet your needs you did not exactly spend a ton and then you can buy a bigger card.

Feb 22, 2017 at 5:41 AM Post #9,570 of 9,972
  NEW ARIELP EDIT VERSION 4
based on FW2.0 FINAL X3II

Changelog:
V1
Here are the Changes compare to Factory Version
- Larger Font, with Normal Topbar Menu
- Better English Menu
- Better Now Playing Icon
- Better H/L Gain Icon on the topbar
- Theme 3 Change to Gold Icon with Black BG
- Better DAC Screen Background

V2
- Refine some Uppercase
- Remove the Wood Theme, Replaced with Old Theme 3 (silver on black)

V3
- Replace lame "See You" shutdown animation with Reversed Startup Animation
- Move back Theme3 back to Original Location, New Black-Gold Theme move to Theme6
- Changeback EQ:FLAT back to EQ:OFF, as possibly create confusion to some user

V4 FINAL (i think i'm done modifiying this X3II :) )
Some english text edit in menu
- Now you can choose two version of my v4 edit, GOLD and WHITE version, this refer to theme6 modification..
- V4GOLD: Few cosmetic tune for Black&Gold theme6
- V4WHITE: NEW White theme6, hopefully can satisfy some user's need of bright theme

Download:
V4GOLD: https://db.tt/O2pBJAyQ
V4WHITE: https://db.tt/D3Pfj38w
(these versions only replaced theme6 for custom theme accordingly)

V4GOLDnWHITE: https://db.tt/O21QfuvD
(this version replace theme5 with BLACKnGOLD theme, and theme6 with WHITE theme.. basically the combination of above versions)

Enjoy :)

I love your vesion, but I need to go back to 1.4 because of OTG, did you edit 1.4 too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back