The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
Oct 26, 2015 at 7:52 PM Post #6,136 of 9,972
  I really love the sound of x3ii, but the browsing songs is so painful for me. At least I need the songs display with the song name instead of file name and some kind of method that allows me to scroll through the list faster. If they won't update these features, I will sell it and come back to my phone for sure.

You can display the song title instead of the filename. In the system settings find "File name display" and change it to Title from File name. Then you will see the title as tagged and not the file name.

Oct 26, 2015 at 8:00 PM Post #6,137 of 9,972
 X3ii just froze, and after restart the favourites list was gone. :) 

Typical from Fiio
biggrin.gif
 live with it
beerchug.gif

Oct 27, 2015 at 1:12 AM Post #6,138 of 9,972
Hi all-

I got the X3v2 back in late July and I'm mostly happy with it.

My main gripe is that I get a ton of stuttering on files 24/96 and higher. It is almost as it the song skips numerous times throughout. I am using a PNY 128GB micro SDXC card (apparently reads at 60 MB/s).

I can't recall if I formatted the card from within the player but I think I was unable to do it so I formatted from my MacBook.

Is my SD card not fast enough for the 24/96 and 24/192 files?

It seems to play SACD iso files that are DSD with no glitches, which I find strange.

Any pointers you can give would be much appreciated!

I suppose I could try re-formatting the card from within the player to see if that helps.

Thanks-
Kevin

Oct 27, 2015 at 1:58 AM Post #6,139 of 9,972
Hi all-

I got the X3v2 back in late July and I'm mostly happy with it.

My main gripe is that I get a ton of stuttering on files 24/96 and higher. It is almost as it the song skips numerous times throughout. I am using a PNY 128GB micro SDXC card (apparently reads at 60 MB/s).

I can't recall if I formatted the card from within the player but I think I was unable to do it so I formatted from my MacBook.

Is my SD card not fast enough for the 24/96 and 24/192 files?

It seems to play SACD iso files that are DSD with no glitches, which I find strange.

Any pointers you can give would be much appreciated!

I suppose I could try re-formatting the card from within the player to see if that helps.

Thanks-

Kevin

Yes, normally stuttering is from the wrong allocation unit size set when formatting. It's recommended to format with the devices format tool. System Settings - Format.

Stuttering can also be caused by very large album art. I've also read a few cases of PNY cards stuttering with the FiiO DAPs, but I'll stop short of saying it's the card brand.

Oct 27, 2015 at 2:58 AM Post #6,140 of 9,972

You can display the song title instead of the filename. In the system settings find "File name display" and change it to Title from File name. Then you will see the title as tagged and not the file name.

I think that option is only for the now playing screen. What I meant is displaying song names in browsing songs, like in all music, artist etc.

Oct 27, 2015 at 11:13 AM Post #6,141 of 9,972
Managed to upgrade to fw 1.3 using a 128GB card that has a bit of space left. But sad to say Now Playing > All Songs still show filenames instead of song titles. This is even when at System Settings > File name display is selected with Title. What I see in All Songs are firstly file 01- song A to song Z then 02- song A to song Z and so on. After all digits are exhausted then the other file names in alphabetical order.
Well one way is to rename all the files to be the same as the song title individually. I wonder if there's a program that can do that.

Oct 27, 2015 at 4:42 PM Post #6,142 of 9,972
Thanks for the feedback. I'll try reformatting my card again (bye bye 100GB of tunes!)

If the stuttering continues, I'll send back my card and buy a different one.

Anyone have any recommendations on brands?

Kevin

Oct 27, 2015 at 4:50 PM Post #6,143 of 9,972
  Thanks for the feedback. I'll try reformatting my card again (bye bye 100GB of tunes!)

If the stuttering continues, I'll send back my card and buy a different one.

Anyone have any recommendations on brands?

Kevin

Samung, SanDisk(has a 200GB one), Lexar, ADATA, kingston (they fail a lot, so take with caution)

Oct 27, 2015 at 7:34 PM Post #6,149 of 9,972
So far, so good! I reformatted my PNY card within the player and have been able to play some DSD and 24/96 files with no stuttering!  Pretty happy now.....

Kev

Good to hear!

Highly recommended all new users, or users with issues, format through the devices format tool first!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back