The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
Oct 23, 2015 at 3:07 PM Post #6,106 of 9,972
I wish I knew. The iRiver drivers I was using kept corrupting my main ASIO drivers on my main soundcard.

Oct 25, 2015 at 3:56 AM Post #6,107 of 9,972
i could use a little help or advice i just bought a new fiio x3 gen 2 and micro sd card but for some reason i cant fathom the card keeps slipping out how does one keep it in the music library cant update and the unit keeps thinking i dont have a card inside ..

thank you for your advice in advance

Oct 25, 2015 at 4:10 AM Post #6,108 of 9,972
  i could use a little help or advice i just bought a new fiio x3 gen 2 and micro sd card but for some reason i cant fathom the card keeps slipping out how does one keep it in the music library cant update and the unit keeps thinking i dont have a card inside ..

thank you for your advice in advance

The card needs to be label side down, contact strips up.  And it needs to be pushed right in (use your fingernail), past the outside of the case, in order for it to click and lock.

Oct 25, 2015 at 8:37 AM Post #6,110 of 9,972
@JWolf, x3 as a dac does not decode dsd in dop format means when you connect ur x3 to a pc via USB and try to play sacd iso in foobar or j river there are two options of dsd streaming. one is dsd in dop and other is dsd as native stream. in both ways x3 won't play dsd via pc. so its better to rip individual dsd tracks of sacd in foobar or j river and copy the tracks on a micro SD card.

Oct 25, 2015 at 8:54 AM Post #6,111 of 9,972
  I'm trying to find some impressions of this to the E17K or E10K but the search function doesn't work on queries of such small words. Does anyone have any thoughts how it compares sonically as dac/amp? (Obviously, the X3ii is a DAP.)

The FiiO X3 2nd gen sounds basically identical to the E17K. Both of them have a warmish sound signature, both of them have above average amounts of detail, both of them have the same soundstage. It might be possible that the X3 2nd gen is simply a E17K with a DAP function attached, that seems to be the only answer why they sound basically identical. 

Oct 25, 2015 at 1:58 PM Post #6,112 of 9,972
I am a full size headphones home listener.

Never really was into portable stacking. 
However I decided to take my last purchased amp with me on my next journey, as my IEMs sound better with the amp than X3ii alone.
And have to admit, they do not even look bad together.

Oct 25, 2015 at 4:24 PM Post #6,114 of 9,972
Just put the left channel of the headphones/earbuds on/in your right ear and the right goes left.

Or if you have detacheavle cable do that put the left bud in the right MMCX/two pin cable and and the right bud on the left cable

Oct 26, 2015 at 5:53 AM Post #6,119 of 9,972
Quite an interesting observation the last few days.

I've been getting back into some albums, namely some metal genres, especially the band Megadeth. I've found faster tracks with many guitars and fast paced drums will test a players refinement, separation, these tracks are much faster than my usual genres and I guess in some form perhaps how well a DAP measures also plays a role.

Using several tracks from Megadeth - Rust in Peace album I'm extremely impressed how well X3II holds separation and refinement while several instruments play at once. To my ears this technical ability at least with Fidue A83 as the test specimen holds up stronger than my Pono Player and DX90 which lose the drums and guitar notes in a semi-smear.

Now, before we run off on a "how could it be so" I"m not talking about the overall resolution of the presentation or detail (which I do feel DX90 pulls away) I'm talking about X3II's technical ability to hold these faster paced songs coherently when tracks become especially congested. it makes an excellent player for those who listen to faster paced music imo.

Anyway, here's a track as an example.

Oct 26, 2015 at 7:12 AM Post #6,120 of 9,972
I upgraded to the latest version, and the white noise problem is still there. When I pause a song, and come back to the X3 after more than 30 minutes, there's white nose, until I plug out my headphones and put them in again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back