The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
Jan 5, 2015 at 8:57 AM Post #47 of 9,972

I doubt the size would be the same as the X1 and still be able to have twice the battery life. Battery tech hasn't advanced that much in half a year, especially if the X3K amp is as powerful as the current X3. They were probably referring to the same form factor, as in a scroll wheel and X buttons. At least that was FiiO's intention about a year ago when they mentioned the X3K, but things can always change.

Actually it said battery capacity...I don't know if that means the same thing as battery life or not..

Jan 5, 2015 at 12:01 PM Post #49 of 9,972

You're welcome, yes that is great news indeed. Especially since I got a used X3 off ebay and had to return it because it wasn't playing back music from the sd card. Talk about timing, eh.

Yes very good timing. I've had my X3 for a year now and have had no issues with it other than with the firmware which keeps getting better all the time with each new release. It seems like a very well made product and many people on headfi love the X3 and other Fiio products as I'm sure you know if your on here. I wonder when Fiio will officially announce this product. It would have to be soon if it is to be released by the first week of February. Not really alot of time to hype it up.

Jan 5, 2015 at 6:57 PM Post #52 of 9,972
  For sale you mean by February?

I do not know 100% for sure .. we will just have to wait and see when they are exactly for sale. However FiiO is at the International CES show starting tomorrow in Las Vegas ... I am pretty certain if there is anything new, that is where FiiO will announce / show it off and why very little has been said thus far. This is pretty typical of manufacturers.

Jan 5, 2015 at 8:23 PM Post #53 of 9,972
  Yes very good timing. I've had my X3 for a year now and have had no issues with it other than with the firmware which keeps getting better all the time with each new release. It seems like a very well made product and many people on headfi love the X3 and other Fiio products as I'm sure you know if your on here. I wonder when Fiio will officially announce this product. It would have to be soon if it is to be released by the first week of February. Not really alot of time to hype it up.

Given the X3's ardent following, they probably won't need to hype it at all haha.. We'll do it for them. 
biggrin.gif

I do not know 100% for sure .. we will just have to wait and see when they are exactly for sale. However FiiO is at the International CES show starting tomorrow in Las Vegas ... I am pretty certain if there is anything new, that is where FiiO will announce / show it off and why very little has been said thus far. This is pretty typical of manufacturers.

Keep us posted of any teasers!

Jan 6, 2015 at 6:42 AM Post #55 of 9,972

Well, I'll keeps my eyes open and hopefully there will be an announcement in the near future...maybe even today 
dt880smile.png

Jan 6, 2015 at 9:57 AM Post #58 of 9,972
  Holy.... I know they would come but I never thought time flies that fast...
I've only had my X3 for less than 6 months now, is it worth to jump on the bandwagon for this?

I don't know if it's worth it. Depends on how much better it is that the X3 I guess. I like a scroll wheel and it's supposed to have one and it's supposed to have a larger battery capacity. I don't need it but I still want one.

Jan 6, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #59 of 9,972
I don't know if it's worth it. Depends on how much better it is that the X3 I guess. I like a scroll wheel and it's supposed to have one and it's supposed to have a larger battery capacity. I don't need it but I still want one.

Last sentence is also my concern.
I don't particularly have problem with my X3 other than all these FW updates and m3u8 playlist not found.
Is there any info on the amp part of the K?
Though I'm using line out anyway.

Jan 6, 2015 at 11:53 AM Post #60 of 9,972
Last sentence is also my concern.
I don't particularly have problem with my X3 other than all these FW updates and m3u8 playlist not found.
Is there any info on the amp part of the K?
Though I'm using line out anyway.

No there is no real information on the X3K at all that I know of. I'm sure we'll get something soon. Yes that last sentence is my concern too but I'll find a way to justify it to myself. 
dt880smile.png
 There are worse things I could be into...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back