The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Mar 8, 2017 at 1:54 PM Post #7,727 of 7,793
  @pedronet

In conclusion , in layman's term , what would RG actually do ? After all this,i still dont quite understnad.hahaha 

RG will grab your song, read the RG tag on the file and apply the volume difference on top of your current volume setting.

Real life example: you're listening to a song that has a RG tag written with: -6.31 dB (track gain) and -7.04 dB (album gain) - the same example i told you above.
You turn on the RG feature on your X1 in track gain mode, for example, and play the song. Let's say you have the volume set at 20.
Your X1 will reproduce the song at volume 20, but will apply a volume difference of -6.31 dB (in this case it will turn down the volume a little bit).
If all songs in your library have an RG tag written, you'll hear them at the same volume because the differences applied depend on the track and the objective is to eliminate volume differences between the tracks. Every track will have a different gain value in order to achieve the same volume altogether.

Still unclear? 
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 8, 2017 at 8:49 PM Post #7,728 of 7,793

RG will grab your song, read the RG tag on the file and apply the volume difference on top of your current volume setting.

Real life example: you're listening to a song that has a RG tag written with: -6.31 dB (track gain) and -7.04 dB (album gain) - the same example i told you above.
You turn on the RG feature on your X1 in track gain mode, for example, and play the song. Let's say you have the volume set at 20.
Your X1 will reproduce the song at volume 20, but will apply a volume difference of -6.31 dB (in this case it will turn down the volume a little bit).
If all songs in your library have an RG tag written, you'll hear them at the same volume because the differences applied depend on the track and the objective is to eliminate volume differences between the tracks. Every track will have a different gain value in order to achieve the same volume altogether.

Still unclear? 
smily_headphones1.gif

@pedronet  Somewhat clearer hehe,but Still need sometime to understand fully on this hahaha..60% clear

Mar 8, 2017 at 8:56 PM Post #7,729 of 7,793
Hi all

Regarding upgrade of firmware, I read that we need to use a blank new TF Card and follow the steps.I have some questions,

1) is micro and tf cards the same ?
2) can i use my existing Micro SD card with songs in it to update my firmware?
3) can i update by using USB with my existing Micro SD card in it

Mar 8, 2017 at 9:21 PM Post #7,730 of 7,793
  Hi all

Regarding upgrade of firmware, I read that we need to use a blank new TF Card and follow the steps.I have some questions,

1) is micro and tf cards the same ?
2) can i use my existing Micro SD card with songs in it to update my firmware?
3) can i update by using USB with my existing Micro SD card in it

1. Yes 

2. Yes 

3. No. Like, you cannot update FW if you're connecting a mSD through USB as OTG, but you can transfer the files to the card by using an USB adapter then put the card in X1ii and update. 

Mar 9, 2017 at 4:25 AM Post #7,731 of 7,793

1. Yes 

2. Yes 

3. No. Like, you cannot update FW if you're connecting a mSD through USB as OTG, but you can transfer the files to the card by using an USB adapter then put the card in X1ii and update. 

@Dobrescu George So meaning to say , I can just use the current existing Micro SD to store the firmware and put it back to my player for it to upgrade?

Mar 9, 2017 at 9:39 AM Post #7,734 of 7,793
    @pedronet  Somewhat clearer hehe,but Still need sometime to understand fully on this hahaha..60% clear

Best way is to make a copy of some songs and test 
biggrin.gif

It can be really complicated to learn the theory at first, especially if you don't experiment. 

I had literally no idea what that does when I started testing it and found out later by reading and observing the difference. This method clears off many questions! If you make a copy of the track, there is nothing you can break by experimenting! 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 11, 2017 at 4:40 AM Post #7,736 of 7,793
I've had feedback from FiiO on this site (might even have been this thread) that said that the battery life indicator isn't particularly accurate - so I wouldn't be surprised at it dying when it shows two bars.

Mar 11, 2017 at 4:44 AM Post #7,737 of 7,793
Thank you everyone for the help !!!

One more new question.

My player died while on 2 bar battery life..Is this normal ?

Mine does a similar thing. Stays on full charge for a long time then drops quickly

Mar 11, 2017 at 10:55 PM Post #7,739 of 7,793
  Thank you everyone for the help !!!

One more new question.

My player died while on 2 bar battery life..Is this normal ?

Dear zackdeth,

You may try to check the battery life of your X1 first: http://fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=39940&extra=page%3D1

The battery life indicater may change according to the volume and some other setting of your current playing song. So it is only for reference. 

Sorry if bringing inconvenience to you.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Mar 12, 2017 at 1:17 AM Post #7,740 of 7,793
The readings are quite variable between my players as well. My X1 v2 seems to have a slightly longer battery life than my older X5 which gets to two bars and then suddenly dies. It's so quick that I suspect that the battery is getting near its last gasp......

I do wish that it were possible to just open a compartment door and put a new one in.....

Call me old fashioned, but it makes sense on a high priced dap especially. Why hard wire a battery inside a unit?

Even a GoPro has a battery door and that goes underwater.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back