The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Jan 30, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #4,936 of 7,793
  Hello,

I've just received my X1. My 64Gb card has not been recognized so I formated it with the X1 and it's OK. Now I'm transfering my music onto it again, it's taking long.

My firmware is 1.2. Is it normal because I see on Fiio's website that the last firmware is 1.1 ?

What speed? And is it a class 10 card?

Jan 30, 2015 at 11:41 AM Post #4,938 of 7,793

My firmware is 1.2. Is it normal because I see on Fiio's website that the last firmware is 1.1 ?

Yes, it has been discussed on this thread a few times before. Firmware update 1.2 is the latest one, indeed, but Fiio hasn't officially released it to the public (minor changes from previous version).  

Jan 30, 2015 at 11:50 AM Post #4,939 of 7,793

Yes, it has been discussed in this thread a few times before. Firmware update v1.2 is the latest one, indeed, but Fiio hasn't officially released it to the public (minor changes from previous version.  

OK, thank you.

What speed? And is it a class 10 card?

Yes it's a class 10 (this one). I've put ~40Go onto it so it took about 30min to transfer while directly plugged in the reader of my laptop.

I formatted it in fat32 (under GNU/linux with gParted) but I think something went wrong.

Jan 30, 2015 at 12:18 PM Post #4,940 of 7,793
OK, thank you.

Yes it's a class 10 (this one). I've put ~40Go onto it so it took about 30min to transfer while directly plugged in the reader of my laptop.

I formatted it in fat32 (under GNU/linux with gParted) but I think something went wrong.

40gb in a half hour is nothing surprising to me. That's a lot of data in one go.

You should always format the card with the X1 for best compatibility and proper file allocation unit size for smooth operation.

Jan 30, 2015 at 6:12 PM Post #4,941 of 7,793
For people that own this player, how do you ensure that you don't repeat songs?

What I currently do (with my iPod Nano - 6th gen) is have 2 playlists "All songs" and "Today's Songs".

"Today's Songs" is a smart playlist based off "All Songs", which is set up like this: Playlist is 'All Songs' *and* Plays is Less Than 1.

This is done so that when a song is played one time, and after syncing, the song is removed from the playlist. I hate hearing a song multiple times before I get to hear other songs.

Does the Fiio X1 have a similar function, or a way to achieve a similar result - not repeating songs?

Jan 30, 2015 at 10:05 PM Post #4,943 of 7,793
  For people that own this player, how do you ensure that you don't repeat songs?

What I currently do (with my iPod Nano - 6th gen) is have 2 playlists "All songs" and "Today's Songs".

"Today's Songs" is a smart playlist based off "All Songs", which is set up like this: Playlist is 'All Songs' *and* Plays is Less Than 1.

This is done so that when a song is played one time, and after syncing, the song is removed from the playlist. I hate hearing a song multiple times before I get to hear other songs.

Does the Fiio X1 have a similar function, or a way to achieve a similar result - not repeating songs?

I generally listen to albums, and not playlists, so I'm not sure if it'll be different for playlists. Basically, when shuffle is enabled, it'll go through all the songs, then start over.

So if an album has 5 songs, it'll go 1 - 5 - 2 - 3 - 4 * 1 - 2 - 5 - 3 - 4 - etc.
* = starts over

I had my Fiio X1 maybe 2 months. Now it won't turn on What, it hasn't run out of charge I left it on 2 nights in a row?!

If you left it on 2 nights in a row, wouldn't it be dead? I don't think the X1 has the battery capacity to last 2 full nights on one charge. About a 12-hour battery life, according to the X1 specification page.
Anyways, just leave it charging for a bit and hopefully it turns on. Good luck!

------------------------------------------

Decided to make a little 'Preview screen' for the theme selection menu.

Jan 30, 2015 at 10:19 PM Post #4,944 of 7,793

I generally listen to albums, and not playlists, so I'm not sure if it'll be different for playlists. Basically, when shuffle is enabled, it'll go through all the songs, then start over.

So if an album has 5 songs, it'll go 1 - 5 - 2 - 3 - 4 * 1 - 2 - 5 - 3 - 4 - etc.
* = starts over

So, it wouldn't repeat *any* song until *all* songs have been played? That's what I'm going for, essentially.

Jan 31, 2015 at 7:10 AM Post #4,947 of 7,793
Hello,

I've just received my X1. My 64Gb card has not been recognized so I formated it with the X1 and it's OK. Now I'm transfering my music onto it again, it's taking long.

yeah you're on a factory firmware. it's the same as 1.1 apparently, that's what I was told when I asked the same question anyway. Enjoy the X1!

Jan 31, 2015 at 10:32 PM Post #4,949 of 7,793
How do others ensure that songs are not repeated?

This is an 'essential' feature to any high-capacity media player as absolutely no one can keep track of what songs have been played and what songs have not. And I *hate*..with a passion..when songs are repeated twice or three times before hearing songs that haven't been played at all.

Jan 31, 2015 at 11:09 PM Post #4,950 of 7,793
  How do others ensure that songs are not repeated?

This is an 'essential' feature to any high-capacity media player as absolutely no one can keep track of what songs have been played and what songs have not. And I *hate*..with a passion..when songs are repeated twice or three times before hearing songs that haven't been played at all.

Solution 1
Set player to resume after shut-down "song".  Go to Play By Category, Songs.  Select first song.  Hit play.  Select shuffle mode.

That's it.

You've basically created a long playlist with every track in your collection. By shuffling you're making it random.  By resuming on last song, it should go to next song in the shuffled playlist.

Solution 2
Buy an iPod

Users who are viewing this thread

Back