The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Jan 30, 2015 at 2:57 AM Post #4,928 of 7,793
it's just a cable with a huge pair of resistors to dissipate the energy sent from the DAP. it is exactly the same as using a headphone and I find it insulting to put this kind of accessory in a package.
sometimes when nobody else provides a product, and someone does, it's called innovation and the brand pioneers in that stuff. but most of the time, you'll realize that it's really just a brainless marketing attempt at making you feel special.
a burn in cable is 100% second option. burn in being real or not, that cable is still a stupid gadget.

Jan 30, 2015 at 3:14 AM Post #4,929 of 7,793
  it's just a cable with a huge pair of resistors to dissipate the energy sent from the DAP. it is exactly the same as using a headphone and I find it insulting to put this kind of accessory in a package.
sometimes when nobody else provides a product, and someone does, it's called innovation and the brand pioneers in that stuff. but most of the time, you'll realize that it's really just a brainless marketing attempt at making you feel special.
a burn in cable is 100% second option. burn in being real or not, that cable is still a stupid gadget.

I think I can appreciate this cable. When I do the burn-in using earphones, the sound can be irritating especially in the dead still of the night, unless if you put them all in a fridge or a tightly sealed jar. But with this cable with no earphones attached, I can just put them on my bed side table.

Jan 30, 2015 at 3:38 AM Post #4,930 of 7,793
I have the burn in adapter here which came with my DX90.

While I sit completely neutral about the entire burn in process, for those who want too the adapter like rotant said, lets you do so silently, so that's appreciable for me. I cannot say I've set my DX90 up and lite several candles performing a ritual, though sure, I've given it a try for a few hours to see what the fuss about.

When you set the volume on DX90 to about 235/250 on medium gain with this cable attached the unit become quite warm at the back.

Here it is attached to FiiO X1.

Jan 30, 2015 at 4:50 AM Post #4,931 of 7,793
  I think I can appreciate this cable. When I do the burn-in using earphones, the sound can be irritating especially in the dead still of the night, unless if you put them all in a fridge or a tightly sealed jar. But with this cable with no earphones attached, I can just put them on my bed side table.

not in a fridge! if you burn in at least do it in a plate in the oven ^_^.

I have the burn in adapter here which came with my DX90.

While I sit completely neutral about the entire burn in process, for those who want too the adapter like rotant said, lets you do so silently, so that's appreciable for me. I cannot say I've set my DX90 up and lite several candles performing a ritual, though sure, I've given it a try for a few hours to see what the fuss about.

When you set the volume on DX90 to about 235/250 on medium gain with this cable attached the unit become quite warm at the back.

Here it is attached to FiiO X1.

might be that the cable doesn't dissipate enough energy and the job is left to the amp section of the DAP. I'm not sure you're really doing something good to the fiio there.
at least I recommend not to use that while pushing the volume on anything more powerful that the dx90. with headphones you will avoid dangerous manipulations because the headphone will simply go too loud. but there you don't know what's going on.
maybe ask ibasso what the cable can dissipate, or find somebody who opened the cable up?

Jan 30, 2015 at 4:52 AM Post #4,932 of 7,793
^ The X1 wasn't turned on. 
smile.gif

Jan 30, 2015 at 4:57 AM Post #4,934 of 7,793
Hi castleofargh, like what you wrote. It's just a cable which is exactly what rontant wrote. Yes, I agree there's nothing innovative about it and rontant never state that in his post.

Not reteriating your comment though and like rontant, very sure you were here to help out another headfier in me and I appreciate it.

I hope we can move on with better things for the thread while I move my discussion thru pm.

Cheers.

Edit: Gosh, glad everything is going fine now. Was worried that I opened up a can of worms.

Jan 30, 2015 at 10:54 AM Post #4,935 of 7,793
Hello,

I've just received my X1. My 64Gb card has not been recognized so I formated it with the X1 and it's OK. Now I'm transfering my music onto it again, it's taking long.

My firmware is 1.2. Is it normal because I see on Fiio's website that the last firmware is 1.1 ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back