The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
May 26, 2014 at 10:39 AM Post #1,021 of 7,793
  in terms of design... they are not as good as they sound
etysmile.gif

of course  ,  ak  much much much better than fiio , 

May 29, 2014 at 3:32 AM Post #1,026 of 7,793

Lots of room in there though, with all the money you emptied out of them to buy it.

There is no professional DAP on the market... what a shame
I have professional IEMs
bigsmile_face.gif
but i must buy stupid audiophile DAPs
blink.gif

Professional standard IEMs cable are too gummy for me (it adheres on some clothes) so i've buy an audiophile cable (BTG) that not have this problem, this is the good side of the audiophile world
beerchug.gif

Please is someone able to say them (FIIO) that Apple (and AK) put their connectors on the top of their DAP because of they have a docking station (to listen them mainly with loudspeakers, headphone jack is secondary).
And it's amazingly stupid to put them on the top if it is no docking station.

May 29, 2014 at 10:49 AM Post #1,028 of 7,793
Yes, i know
The use of IEM outdoor is not adapted... it is better use enormous headphones.
I'm not an audiophile.
I can't think as them.
Habitually ALWAYS buy professional stuff... but there is no professional DAP on the market.

May 29, 2014 at 12:34 PM Post #1,029 of 7,793

Habitually ALWAYS buy professional stuff... but there is no professional DAP on the market.

Strictly speaking, there is none because pros probably wouldn't need a "pro" equipment purely for playback, since the market assumes they'll be needing playback when they get back in the studio where their interface/DACs and CDPs or other sources are. But technically speaking, there are pro gear that can be used as DAPs:

This becomes less portable when you use a more useful battery pack with it. It has a microphone set-up best suited for recording one or two sound sources, like an interview, and has battery life for such, but for some reason somebody thought they need DSD for properly recording two voices. The other disadvantage was that, being "pro," it worked with pro formats - DSD and WAV, no uncompressed smaller files like FLAC, much less compressed audio. Interface harks back to my slightly larger Creative 30gb HDD player.

May 29, 2014 at 12:54 PM Post #1,030 of 7,793
The other disadvantage was that, being "pro," it worked with pro formats - DSD and WAV, no uncompressed smaller files like FLAC, much less compressed audio. Interface harks back to my slightly larger Creative 30gb HDD player.

Professionals uses mainly ipods... in their private life.
Recorders UIs are horrible.

May 29, 2014 at 1:01 PM Post #1,031 of 7,793
  Professionals uses mainly ipods... in their private life.
Recorders UIs are horrible.

Exactly why no one saw the need for a "pro" DAP. If that Korg had a more usable battery life I could totally live with its UI - it's very simple, true, but as long as you can live with its bare-bones design, you can just consider yourself lucky as you read through all sorts of posts ranging from "album art not shown" and "tracks not showing up after SD scan/only visible in browse mode" all the way to "crashed and bricked" on some DAPs' threads.

May 29, 2014 at 1:17 PM Post #1,032 of 7,793

Exactly why no one saw the need for a "pro" DAP. If that Korg had a more usable battery life I could totally live with its UI - it's very simple, true, but as long as you can live with its bare-bones design, you can just consider yourself lucky as you read through all sorts of posts ranging from "album art not shown" and "tracks not showing up after SD scan/only visible in browse mode" all the way to "crashed and bricked" on some DAPs' threads.

Try to read the screen under direct sunlight
blink.gif

May 29, 2014 at 11:34 PM Post #1,033 of 7,793
  Try to read the screen under direct sunlight
blink.gif

Well I personally wouldn't be doing that unless I'm actually using it as a field recorder. Under direct sunlight half the time means "outdoors" (ie not "sitting by the window") and over here "outdoors" can mean "goodbye (device)" as some homeless kid whose idiot family who can't cut it in the economy but made too many children runs past you and grabs it so he can buy bread. I think the only places where I fiddle with my device (including taking calls) "outdoors" are inside our campus or inside open space/garden-type malls and even then I avoid putting my phone screens on max brightness to minimize battery consumption.

May 30, 2014 at 3:16 AM Post #1,034 of 7,793

Well I personally wouldn't be doing that unless I'm actually using it as a field recorder. Under direct sunlight half the time means "outdoors" (ie not "sitting by the window") and over here "outdoors" can mean "goodbye (device)" as some homeless kid whose idiot family who can't cut it in the economy but made too many children runs past you and grabs it so he can buy bread. I think the only places where I fiddle with my device (including taking calls) "outdoors" are inside our campus or inside open space/garden-type malls and even then I avoid putting my phone screens on max brightness to minimize battery consumption.

popcorn.gif
... Modern phones like the moto G have a so big autonomy that you can never care about settings.
i charge mine one time per week.
In normal use, the DAP is in your hand or in your pocket...

If someone want to access to your hands or your pants without your permission he must do that :

No?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back