1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by jamesfiio, Nov 20, 2013.
First

Back
509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518
Next

Last
  1. fritobugger

I prefer X5ii over X5iii. The new one is too warm. X5ii sounds nearly perfect for reference.

Dobrescu George and snellemin like this.
  2. seanwee
    Ppl are comparing the Xduoo X10 to the X5 1st gen in neutrality but with even more detail, clarity and instrument separation.

3. Dobrescu George
    Agreed, I do think that X5ii was much better in terms of neutrality and a balanced sound.

X7mkii is even better than all of them though! :gs1000smile:

4. Dany91
    Xduoo X10 have a more brightest sound, imaging and soundstage of the Fiio X1? at € 138, is it a good upgrade?

5. seanwee
    It is most definitely a very good upgrade.

I wouldnt say its bright sounding tho, reference level neutral would be more accurate.

However, given that most players nowadays are slightly warm sounding it would relatively be the brightest.

But, this is purely in terms of sound. You are getting a player that can compete with $300-500 players in terms of sound but thats it. It doesnt have all the bells and whistles that most players have. It cant function as a USB DAC, no eq, no Bluetooth,etc.

It is a barebones player that solely focuses on delivering stellar sound quality, nothing else.

6. LasherV
    It sounds like a very nice player, but if it doesn’t have an EQ, then it is not for me. I like to be able to tweak my sound. Is there something else out there if I was closer to a $200 price point. That might offer an EQ? I’m more than willing to spend some extra cash if I get what I’m truly looking for. Thank you all again for all the responses. It really is appreciated.

7. fritobugger

The FiiO X3iii might be a good choice is your are also seeking a 2.5mm balanced output.

8. seanwee
    Ive never tried the X3 iii yet so I'll reserve judgement for now.

9. Eric321
    How can I edit an artist's name on Windows 10 for my FiiO X1? I can only change the song title in the folder. Thank you

10. seanwee
    Way to go reviving this thread lol.

To change artist name simply right click the song, go to properties and then you can edit it in details.

Eric321 likes this.
  11. deafmutelame
    I still listen to my music on a FiiO X1 (1st generation) in 2018. So far so good.

I'm about to purchase the Campfire Audio Atlas IEM and I would like to know how capable would be the X1 of driving the Atlas.

[​IMG]

These are the technical specs of the Atlas:

5Hz–20 kHz Frequency Response
    105 dB SPL/mW Sensitivity
    19 Ohms @ 1kHz Impedance
    Less than 1% Total Harmonic Distortion

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Source: https://www.parts-express.com/pedocs/specs/230-143--fiio-x1-specifications.pdf

Should a X1 owner upgrade for pure sound quality reasons or is the SQ in the X1 still a competitor to actual models such as the FiiO M3, HiBy R3 or Shanling M3s...

In other words, have you gone from the X1 to another DAP and noticed a SIGNIFICANT sound quality change?

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
  12. Denis Iastrebov
    Yes, when I went to X3-II, did not notice really any significant change. Then to X7-I+AM3 - yes. Two steps forward.

13. deafmutelame
    Hi Denis. Thanks for your reply.

So did you notice a significant difference with the X7+AM3? In what way, how would you describe it? I assume that the sound will be more "potent" in the X7 with the balanced output, but once you try to set the volume to equal levels on each DAP, do you actually notice that the sound quality improved over the X1 (1st gen)? How about just the X7, without the AM3 module?

It's a pity, for $700 is a bit out of my budget for now.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
  14. Denis Iastrebov
    The sound got more detailed, bass became better, compared to X1, where low bass was not good, highs became more detailed and complex. You can't use any of X7s without an AM module.
    I bought the 1 generation of the X7, which was about $320 for a body only + $99 for the amp.
    It also depends on the earphones you use. My transition was - Fischer DBA-02Mk2 -> Dunu2000j -> AKG N40 (a complete waste of money) -> Dunu Falcon C. Plus tip rolling. From Comply, Spinfits, down to JVC Spiral Dots and even lately Azla – Sedna – Ear Fit. But still using the JVC's. Love both DUNUs.

15. seanwee
    I went from the X1 to the Xduoo X3 (SQ improvement) , then got the Xduoo X10 (power improvement) and Cayin N3 (Swiss army knife-like functionality) and then the Opus 1 metal(SQ improvement) and then the Cayin N5ii (small SQ improvement+ reference-like tonality)

I terms of big SQ improvements I would say the jump to the Xduoo X3 and N5ii are the most significant.

I have tried volume matching and comparing the N5ii and X1 before and honestly the improvement will depend on your iems. Some less revealing ones will see less improvement while more revealing ones will reveal all that is missing on the X1 compared to the N5ii.

The N5ii is more neutral, has a much bigger and clearer soundstage with significantly better instrument separation. Detail retrieval is not say, supremely better but the way its presented is clearer, better defined with higher resolution and texture. Bass extension is significantly better, it hits lower, sounds tighter and is much better controlled. The sound is also more dynamic and you can actually feel the sound rather than everything just being soft and rounded.

Iems and headphones wise I have heard and tried so so many in the time I went from the X1 to the N5ii but so many don't fit my taste, I only went from my CKR9s to the echobox finders and got a hifiman sundara. Andromedas? Muddy mids. Shure SE846? Weird tonality and murky sound. UERR? Hollow and sucked out sound. Kaiser 10? Too expensive for a sound that's just a little better compare to the echobox finder. And many many more.

First

Back
509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518
Next

Last