The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Mar 12, 2017 at 9:31 AM Post #7,741 of 7,793
The readings are quite variable between my players as well. My X1 v2 seems to have a slightly longer battery life than my older X5 which gets to two bars and then suddenly dies. It's so quick that I suspect that the battery is getting near its last gasp......

I do wish that it were possible to just open a compartment door and put a new one in.....

Call me old fashioned, but it makes sense on a high priced dap especially. Why hard wire a battery inside a unit?

Even a GoPro has a battery door and that goes underwater.

You theoretically can replace it, but you cannot buy them batteries, too many regulations for them to be shipped. 

Mar 13, 2017 at 8:32 AM Post #7,743 of 7,793
It would be nice if FiiO could at least publish the specs of the battery so that one could attempt to acquire an equivalent battery from local sources.

It's not like FiiO manufactures the batteries for their products.

Oh yes, that would be nice. 

Guess that they should make a disclaimer that if we open the DAP the warranty is voided though 
etysmile.gif

Mar 17, 2017 at 8:24 PM Post #7,744 of 7,793

I just received my X1 1st generation today, and am listening to it now...and so far, I am pretty blown away. I cannot believe it only cost me $80. The unit is gorgeous, seems built like a tank. The sound is fantastic. The UI is not causing me any issues. There is no lag, as there is with the X1ii.

I love the scroll wheel. Really hope I don't have issues with it down the road, as some people have had. Also, I'm loving the screen. Seems so luxurious after 5 years with a Clip+ as my DAP.

OK, these are first impressions, and so far, I am a very happy camper.

Listening to Baroness at the moment, but will be trying out lots of other favorites, like Yes and the Pixies and Mahler and Ahmad Jamal and so many others.....

Most of my music is in mp3 format, 256k and 320k, but i do have FLACs to try out as well. Current headphones are Superlux HD681 Evo.

[edit]
I've listened to a bunch of tracks now and am so glad I bought this X1. The improvement in sound quality over the Sansa Clip+ is tremendous. I also think the sound is better than I get out of my MacMini using a Nuforce Udac2.

Mar 19, 2017 at 3:50 PM Post #7,745 of 7,793

I just received my X1 1st generation today, and am listening to it now...and so far, I am pretty blown away. I cannot believe it only cost me $80. The unit is gorgeous, seems built like a tank. The sound is fantastic. The UI is not causing me any issues. There is no lag, as there is with the X1ii.

I love the scroll wheel. Really hope I don't have issues with it down the road, as some people have had. Also, I'm loving the screen. Seems so luxurious after 5 years with a Clip+ as my DAP.

Listening to Baroness at the moment, but will be trying out lots of other favorites, like Yes and the Pixies and Mahler and Ahmad Jamal and so many others.....

Most of my music is in mp3 format, 256k and 320k, but i do have FLACs to try out as well. Current headphones are Superlux HD681 Evo.

[edit]
I've listened to a bunch of tracks now and am so glad I bought this X1. The improvement in sound quality over the Sansa Clip+ is tremendous. I also think the sound is better than I get out of my MacMini using a Nuforce Udac2.

At this price, the X1 is seriously good. Tremendous value. I'm glad you liked it 
biggrin.gif
 welcome to the X1 owners club
tongue.gif

Mar 19, 2017 at 4:18 PM Post #7,746 of 7,793

[edit]

And to think that X1 and clip + are the same price in Romania 
eek.gif

The sound of x1 is also a great one, but I think that in X1ii it improved a bit. 

I am sorry that some people experienced the lags and such, but both X1 and x1ii are great value DAPs! 

Mar 19, 2017 at 6:49 PM Post #7,747 of 7,793
  I am sorry that some people experienced the lags and such, but both X1 and x1ii are great value DAPs! 

so you don't experience the lag with X1ii?

Mar 19, 2017 at 6:51 PM Post #7,748 of 7,793

At this price, the X1 is seriously good. Tremendous value. I'm glad you liked it 
biggrin.gif
 welcome to the X1 owners club
tongue.gif

I'm just mad at myself for taking so long to join the club! I could have been listening to the X1 for years now!  But better late than never.

Mar 20, 2017 at 3:35 PM Post #7,750 of 7,793

And to think that X1 and clip + are the same price in Romania 
eek.gif

The sound of x1 is also a great one, but I think that in X1ii it improved a bit. 

For me, the biggest problem with the X1ii (besides the lag experienced by many) is the fact that it doesn't have the aptX codec. I'm sorry but bluetooth audio isn't the same without it 
tongue.gif

Also, i don't know why so many people prefer a touch wheel but i'm happier with a mechanical one. I really like the feedback on my finger.

Mar 20, 2017 at 5:21 PM Post #7,751 of 7,793
Mar 20, 2017 at 8:28 PM Post #7,752 of 7,793
Guys, can someone help me on this one:
So I've bought X1-II (2nd gen) and having problem with bluetooth: When I connect player to stereo in my car, player starts to respond really, really slow and actually not able to play audio, only way to restore its functions is to disconnect from car's stereo. Running on latest firmware 1.5.6
Someone seen smthn like this? Is there is a way to fix it? Bought mostly to listen music while on the road. 

Mar 21, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #7,753 of 7,793
  Guys, can someone help me on this one:
So I've bought X1-II (2nd gen) and having problem with bluetooth: When I connect player to stereo in my car, player starts to respond really, really slow and actually not able to play audio, only way to restore its functions is to disconnect from car's stereo. Running on latest firmware 1.5.6
Someone seen smthn like this? Is there is a way to fix it? Bought mostly to listen music while on the road. 

maybe repost in this thread?
http://www.head-fi.org/t/819817/fiio-x1-ii-2nd-gen-w-bluetooth

May 21, 2017 at 11:52 PM Post #7,754 of 7,793
My brother has a 2017 Honda Civic. Is it possible to connect the FiiO X1 to it? There seems to be no "headphone jack" equivalent in the car. We can charge it, but not listen to the music. On his previous car, a 2014 Toyota Camry, we could...but for his newer car, we can't. : (
Thanks in advance!

May 22, 2017 at 5:15 AM Post #7,755 of 7,793
My brother has a 2017 Honda Civic. Is it possible to connect the FiiO X1 to it? There seems to be no "headphone jack" equivalent in the car. We can charge it, but not listen to the music. On his previous car, a 2014 Toyota Camry, we could...but for his newer car, we can't. : (
Thanks in advance!

Dear friend,

Your 2017 Honda Civic doesn't have a 3.5mm aux port as well? If yes, maybe the X1 can't be used for listening to music in your car. :sob:

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back