The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Sep 3, 2014 at 10:42 PM Post #1,951 of 7,793

Sounds great as well!  So far, I haven't found a pair of headphones that doesn't sound good in this combo.

Awesome I really want a X1, At the moment I am using my Lg optimus G, but I have to have the volume 3/4 and my fiio E6 at nearly max volume, and it hisses and makes lots of noise at high volume, if i turn my phone all the way up and the fiio down it becomes really distorted, But from my Asus u7 on my pc, it is dead quite.
I have the Shure Se215 IEM's..

Sep 3, 2014 at 11:16 PM Post #1,952 of 7,793
  Try the HE-6!  :D

I meant headphones that I have (in sig) 
tongue.gif

Sep 4, 2014 at 7:51 AM Post #1,955 of 7,793
Now that the Walkman a17 is announced I don't know whether to get the fiio x1 first or wait for a17

price is 3x the X1, so it depends if you are willing to spend that much.
But playback time is the longest for portable so far.. 40 hours for 24 bit 96 khz and 30 hours for 24 bit 192 khz

Sep 4, 2014 at 7:54 AM Post #1,956 of 7,793
The A17 is indeed interesting, but I have no clue what DAC chip is they use, and is it going to replace the current F-Series? 

+1 for both! The A17 is only coming out somewhere in November haha  

Sep 4, 2014 at 8:27 AM Post #1,957 of 7,793
Below is the prototype of the car stand for X1, but the question is how many people will need it to play high resolution music in car. so we need your feedback them we can go ahead.

to make this stand we will spend some money to make a plastic tooling mold so the quantity is quite important to us.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Sep 4, 2014 at 8:46 AM Post #1,959 of 7,793
Not for me:

1. The X1 is small enough to keep in my pocket
2. Wouldnt put it there, expecially when driving, could be distracting

Sep 4, 2014 at 12:09 PM Post #1,962 of 7,793

Below is the prototype of the car stand for X1, but the question is how many people will need it to play high resolution music in car. so we need your feedback them we can go ahead.

to make this stand we will spend some money to make a plastic tooling mold so the quantity is quite important to us.

It looks cool, that's for sure.

Sep 4, 2014 at 1:14 PM Post #1,963 of 7,793
subbed!

Sep 4, 2014 at 1:19 PM Post #1,964 of 7,793

Hi James,
When it comes to car stands, I think you are catering to such a variety of people that it will be difficult to "get it right" with just one option.  The vent option that you present seems to be quite popular these days, but it also depends on where your vents are located.  I've read people that enjoy that type of attachment because it can keep your device cool in the summertime.  In the winter, you can just close the vent to prevent the device from heating up.  In my current vehicle, a 2012 Kia Soul, the vent option doesn't work very well for me due to the placement of the vents.  Also, the auxiliary port and USB ports in my car are located toward the bottom of the front console and closer to the gear shift, and I personally don't want exposed cables being routed down from the vent to the auxiliary port.  That's just me being picky, though.  Another popular option to consider these days is a mount that uses the CD slot in vehicle, which still depends on a person's car receiver to have a CD slot.  As someone that works in the engineering field for display products, I understand the concern for appealing to a broad range of people, so maybe it's possible that your designers/engineers can come up with an add-on method that will allow customers to use either the vent method or CD slot method.  This option may not be feasible, though, and create a weak point on the backside of the unit.  Anyway, I just wanted to hopefully throw some constructive criticism your way.  As for myself and the car that I'm currently in, it will be easier for me to put the X1 down onto the little platform next to my gear shift and use a short cable to connect to the auxiliary port.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back