The FiiO E10K--all-new DAC and amp stages
Jan 4, 2016 at 5:11 PM Post #856 of 1,083
I am confused.  You hooked the X1 to the line OUT jack of the E10K, then plugged a headphone into it?  So where would the music be coming IN from?

am I doing this horribly wrong? I tried using a aux cable, connecting it from my Fiio X1 to the E10k's line out at the back and when I listen to the music from my headphone through the front headphone out, the sound is all muddy and boomy...

Jan 4, 2016 at 5:33 PM Post #858 of 1,083
am I doing this horribly wrong? I tried using a aux cable, connecting it from my Fiio X1 to the E10k's line out at the back and when I listen to the music from my headphone through the front headphone out, the sound is all muddy and boomy...
Yup. Horribly wrong. The line out on the e10 is just that. An output. The only input is USB. The line out is the same signal as the headphone out only at a fixed, line level.

Jan 4, 2016 at 6:04 PM Post #859 of 1,083

Yup. Horribly wrong. The line out on the e10 is just that. An output. The only input is USB. The line out is the same signal as the headphone out only at a fixed, line level.

ahh...thanks. guess I'll need to get another amp if I want to do that, but I have no idea what I want anyways :p really enjoying the E10k though

Jan 7, 2016 at 5:45 AM Post #860 of 1,083
  Is the E10K sound comparable to the Fiio X3 II ?
I see they share the same amp chip: LMH6643.

I want a dac/amp for my HD 598SE, but better yet if the X3 II is comparable to a desktop dac/amp of E10K's level, I'd go with the portable DAP for more versatility.

It wasn't anywhere close to the old X3, that sounded really flat and lacklustre compared to the E10k.

Jan 7, 2016 at 5:49 AM Post #861 of 1,083

ahh...thanks. guess I'll need to get another amp if I want to do that, but I have no idea what I want anyways :p really enjoying the E10k though

How about a FiiO E18 if you want both DAC and amp functionality? That's our most power DAC+amp out there and ought to punch quite a ways above the X1's weight :)

Or the E12 if you just need an amp :)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 16, 2016 at 3:32 PM Post #863 of 1,083
Apparently the E10k's price just shot up to 125USD on Amazon. Could be a sign of a refresh coming, man I can't wait to see what FiiO has in store for us 
blink.gif

Jan 25, 2016 at 3:40 PM Post #864 of 1,083
Did anyone move from a Fiio E7 to this? I've had the E7 for a few years now and been playing around with the E10k for about a week but, to my ears, they sound almost identical through my HD 598s as well as my M100s. Perhaps it's because my headphones are not particularly hard to drive? Or maybe my ears are just untrained.

Also, is it just me or is the LED ridiculously bright?

Jan 25, 2016 at 4:04 PM Post #865 of 1,083
Did anyone move from a Fiio E7 to this? I've had the E7 for a few years now and been playing around with the E10k for about a week but, to my ears, they sound almost identical through my HD 598s as well as my M100s. Perhaps it's because my headphones are not particularly hard to drive? Or maybe my ears are just untrained.

I love the E10/598 combo. Haven't heard the E7.
And yes, ridiculously bright. I touched it with the point of a Sharpie.

Feb 4, 2016 at 12:23 PM Post #866 of 1,083

It's sacrilege to say this on Head-Fi, but the differences between solid state amps are neglible in my opinion. As long as you reach comfortable listening volumes, it's all good.

Feb 4, 2016 at 5:56 PM Post #867 of 1,083
It's sacrilege to say this on Head-Fi, but the differences between solid state amps are neglible in my opinion. As long as you reach comfortable listening volumes, it's all good.
Yes between "good" amps the differences can be subtle. But for example, I own both the E10 and the E10K. I find the difference very obvious. The E10K is crisp, more detailed. The original E10 is warmer with a kind of silky high end. I like them both. I would be hard pressed to pick a favorite. I prefer the K with IEMs and the original with 598. I use them both equally.:beerchug:

Feb 7, 2016 at 12:21 PM Post #868 of 1,083
Got this one last July. Still amazed how good it is for the price. Kicking my 80 Ohms phones pretty well. Still I wonder if there will be some significant difference between this guy and Modi 2 Uber + Magni 2 Uber.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back