The Fifth Head-Fi Sydney Meet - Saturday 21st June
Jun 2, 2008 at 12:19 PM Post #121 of 338
Quote:

Originally Posted by poo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Depending on suburb I could swing by and pick you up if it helps - I agree that it can't be fun to go strolling with!

Oh great! I should be in Randwick. But I can't commit to going for the meet yet though! Will let you know soon!
wink.gif

Jun 3, 2008 at 1:08 PM Post #123 of 338
I'll be bringing a couple of amps that might need new homes.

They're cheapy chinese clones but don't sound half bad

I'll have the HEF188 (lehmann black cube linear) and the Confidence Amp (graham slee solo) clones.

Everyone can have a listen and see if they like them, I'll let them go for cheap as. would make good first home amps for those on really tight budgets.

Jun 3, 2008 at 10:54 PM Post #124 of 338
Quote:

Originally Posted by d-cee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll be bringing a couple of amps that might need new homes.

They're cheapy chinese clones but don't sound half bad

I'll have the HEF188 (lehmann black cube linear) and the Confidence Amp (graham slee solo) clones.

Everyone can have a listen and see if they like them, I'll let them go for cheap as. would make good first home amps for those on really tight budgets.

Cool. I'm quite interested in those amps if they are any good.

Jun 4, 2008 at 4:09 AM Post #128 of 338
Quote:

Originally Posted by sum1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just curious, Is your D1 opamp Rolled?

It is/was and came with a bunch of opamps, but it's gone back to the seller to take a look at battery life which was well below par when I tried it. It may or may not make it to the meet.

Jun 4, 2008 at 4:13 AM Post #129 of 338
Quote:

Originally Posted by Covenant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My Pico got here today too
biggrin.gif

Nice - I'd like to listen to this. Did you get the DAC version? I had a quick listen to one at CanJam but by that point I was getting quite fatigued and my impressions have blurred together quite a lot.

Jun 4, 2008 at 4:26 AM Post #130 of 338
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice - I'd like to listen to this. Did you get the DAC version? I had a quick listen to one at CanJam but by that point I was getting quite fatigued and my impressions have blurred together quite a lot.

Yup, I did. I'll get my first listen of Flac > Foobar w/ASIO4ALL > PICO USB > APS V3 > HD600 tonight
biggrin.gif

Jun 4, 2008 at 6:15 AM Post #131 of 338
Quote:

Originally Posted by d-cee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'll be doing the same with my Val E10. Now that the Pico's arrived it no longer has a purpose other than taking up space.

Jun 4, 2008 at 6:38 AM Post #132 of 338
Quote:

Originally Posted by Covenant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...no longer has a purpose other than taking up space.

I may have an Emu 1212m soundcard to sell for the same reason. Any interested parties please PM and we can take it from there.

Jun 4, 2008 at 9:16 AM Post #134 of 338
I just got home, plugged it in, and started testing. Apparently this unit only had a couple of hours on it, and my APS cable has only had a few hours as well.

First impression:
eek.gif

If audio equipment were women, the Pico would be the elegant but demure secretary that locks the door behind you and leaves deep gashes down your back from her fingernails. Some Tool and Ozzy Osbourne made the HD600's frigging ROCK.

Jun 4, 2008 at 9:20 AM Post #135 of 338
Covenant;4290765 ...and leaves deep gashes down your back from her fingernails...[/quote said:
Sorry, I cant tell if that's supposed to be good or bad :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back