The Fifth Head-Fi Sydney Meet - Saturday 21st June
Jun 1, 2008 at 7:50 AM Post #106 of 338
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZephyrSapphire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now why don't you bring your headphone amps to the meet and let us decide how we feel about your amp as well
biggrin.gif

Really wish you hadn't extended that invitation...
rolleyes.gif

Juzmister (and others) - would be great to have some Interconnects to compare.

Also, anyone got any gear that they can test cables with? I had a few made up (due to my lack of skills) and am unsure of their termination...

2 other points of note...

1st - the last meet highlighted the issue/need for powerboards. Can we get a few on the gear list to be sure?

2nd - What is the protocol for trying out IEMs (in terms of hygiene)? I'm happy to bring a few along, but am short on some tips, and to be frank, would rather not hand out a whole bunch over the course of the day (don't mean to be a scrooge, but the damn things cost so much!)

Jun 1, 2008 at 8:08 AM Post #107 of 338
I'm going to bring my own tips, and I'll bring one powerboard (four slots in total) with me and some Headphile Silver RCA's

Jun 1, 2008 at 8:37 AM Post #108 of 338
Quote:

Originally Posted by poo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1st - the last meet highlighted the issue/need for powerboards. Can we get a few on the gear list to be sure?

2nd - What is the protocol for trying out IEMs (in terms of hygiene)? I'm happy to bring a few along, but am short on some tips, and to be frank, would rather not hand out a whole bunch over the course of the day (don't mean to be a scrooge, but the damn things cost so much!)

I am bringing my 7-way, and we will have around 6 power outlets for use, but definitely bring more if you can.

In regards to IEMs, what i've normally done in the past is bring a batch of alchohol swabs and clean them after each use. I can bring some again if people like, or we can use throw away foam tips.

Jun 1, 2008 at 12:56 PM Post #109 of 338
as long as they bring their own eartips, i am more than happy to let ppl try out my westoned sf5ps, er6i, mylar XBs or beyer dtx50

interconnects?

i have a stevenkelby cryo LOD and a barqy spc LOD. to my ears, both of them sound different and people are more than welcome to compare

Jun 2, 2008 at 3:39 AM Post #111 of 338
Any of you guys know how to bias tubes? I want to change the tubes across in my Millet, but don't have a voltmeter
frown.gif

Jun 2, 2008 at 4:35 AM Post #112 of 338
I can bring a voltmeter, don't know how to bias tubes though.

Jun 2, 2008 at 4:37 AM Post #113 of 338
Quote:

Originally Posted by poo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But we can always rip these 'CDs' you speak of into lossless audio for you to enjoy...
cool.gif

I've been wondering if I should bring my MythTV backup drive which has nearly 300GB of (mostly) lossless rips on it. I'm not sure I can bring my work laptop, and I'd need a source that can read the Linux filesystem. Sounds like it could be useful. I should also be able to rustle up a powerboard or two...

Jun 2, 2008 at 5:27 AM Post #115 of 338
sweet :} tell us how it sounds!

Jun 2, 2008 at 6:24 AM Post #116 of 338
Quote:

Originally Posted by Covenant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Woohoo, my APS V3 sennheiser cable finally arrived. Cant wait to get home and try it out
biggrin.gif

Who's up for an equinox vs apuresound battle?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back