The experts have finally done an official comparison of the real Beats Studios and the fake ones...
Feb 6, 2013 at 3:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Mister A

New Head-Fier
And it appears that the difference in sound signature is practically negligible. Frequency response graphs between the two are extremely similar. Soundstage is exactly the same. It appears the ONLY difference the experts noticed when they did the listening test was that the bass on the FAKE Beats was slightly tighter and the treble was slightly smoother. The FAKES were also able to hit slightly lower sub-bass than the REAL ones. Other than that, there was almost no difference!

http://en.goldenears.net/11063

The moral of this: If you're dead-set on getting a pair of fashion headphones with the "b" logo on it, you're actually better off paying half the price for a pirated pair than the full price for a real pair. Who would've thought?

Feb 6, 2013 at 4:53 AM Post #2 of 10
Maybe they are made by the same factory from parts which didn't pass QC. Their driver matching leaves a bit to be desired.

Anyway, I wouldn't spend my money on any fake crap.

Feb 6, 2013 at 4:57 AM Post #3 of 10
Quote:
And it appears that the difference in sound signature is practically negligible. Frequency response graphs between the two are extremely similar. Soundstage is exactly the same. It appears the ONLY difference the experts noticed when they did the listening test was that the bass on the FAKE Beats was slightly tighter and the treble was slightly smoother. The FAKES were also able to hit slightly lower sub-bass than the REAL ones. Other than that, there was almost no difference!

http://en.goldenears.net/11063

The moral of this: If you're dead-set on getting a pair of fashion headphones with the "b" logo on it, you're actually better off paying half the price for a pirated pair than the full price for a real pair. Who would've thought?

there has to be more than one fake beats manufacturer around, so one fake beats can sound totally different from another, otherwise the sole fake beats manufacturer would surely be shutdown by now, if they haven't already

Feb 6, 2013 at 5:03 AM Post #5 of 10
the fake ones can be either worse or better, marginally or exponentially, than the original is my point

Feb 6, 2013 at 5:11 AM Post #6 of 10
Quote:
Maybe they are made by the same factory from parts which didn't pass QC. Their driver matching leaves a bit to be desired.

Anyway, I wouldn't spend my money on any fake crap.

Or they're the exact same headphones, but Beats' QC isn't very good and allows for that difference. There have been instances of "ghost factories," or the factories contracted by the manufacturer producing products after hours. They're the same as the real thing, but are not authorized and end up being sold on the black market along with the fakes.

Feb 6, 2013 at 6:40 AM Post #8 of 10
I have been watching the "Where to get fake beats" thread and didn't respond. I think it is now time to:

While we all share a certain "love" for products by Beats by Dre, we seriously should not link pages that sell fake products. It is just wrong and possibly a legal problem for this site. Just saying. Watch sites (Rolex yadda yadda) have strict guidelines about this for a reason. There it is possible to discuss fakes, but not show members where to buy them.

I really don't care but it just feels wrong. Else we could just go ahead and link to torrents for stealing music as well.

edit: I know there are no link in this thread...

Feb 7, 2013 at 8:55 AM Post #10 of 10
There are so many fake beats products out there i seriously doubt many peeps have heard real ones. I personally went through five sets of beats pro until I got a real one!  The difference was extremely apparent once i heard the real one, all the fakes were put to shame.Good thing ebay forces sellers to take back and refund for counterfeits.

Still way overpriced tho....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back