The ES2s have landed!
Apr 20, 2005 at 9:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

Dick Danger

100+ Head-Fier
WOOT!
biggrin.gif

More to follow.

Apr 21, 2005 at 1:10 AM Post #2 of 24
Looking forward to it. Custom fit IEM's are such an expensive gamble that I have to express my utmost gratitude to those that take the leap and report back their findings.

I'm waiting not so patiently for my Sensas.

Apr 21, 2005 at 1:59 AM Post #3 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by ProleArtThreat
I'm waiting not so patiently for my Sensas.

hey, congrats on the sensas! what pushed you over the edge? i remember you being pretty happy with the Etymotics. i'd probably have a set of UE-10's right now if i hadn't started building a good home set up.

Apr 21, 2005 at 2:46 AM Post #5 of 24
Impressions, impressions, impressions! And I don't mean the ones your audiologist made for you! Erm... tell us how they sound.
redface.gif

I think you're the first on these boards to spring for the ES2. I'm definitely curious about them. Wonder what the ES3 is like too, as it looks like the only triple-driver alternative to the UE10 Pro.

Apr 21, 2005 at 4:30 AM Post #6 of 24
Ok, I've been listening to these things for about five hours now. I don't have much to use for comparison, I've got my home system and the Future Sonics EM3s.

Out of the box the difference between the EM3 and the ES2 is night and day. The best way I can think of to describe the difference would be a blanket. Think of listening to speakers with a blanket draped over them, when I put the ES2s in my ears its like someone is lifting the blanket off my speakers, I'm not ready to give up my WATT Puppies anytime soon though. I still haven't had a chance to put a lot of music through these things so I'm still wrapping my brain around the sound.

I went with Westone because the audiologist they referred me to knew what I was talking about as soon as I said I wanted custom in ear monitors, the other two I called said "what.....in ear what". I guess that worked out because the fit is perfect.

I also wanted user replaceable cables, the Sensaphonics 2X looked like very tempting but I travel so much that they weren't really an option.

Apr 21, 2005 at 5:29 AM Post #7 of 24
I've spoken to 3 members who own the ES3s. Two of them own the UE-10s and Sensas as well and they both say they like the ES3s the best.

Apr 21, 2005 at 5:54 AM Post #8 of 24
I went with the ES2 because Westone and my audiologist felt I would best served by the ES2 when I told them I wanted as low a profile as possible. The ES2 is still quite large though, larger than I thought it would be that's for sure.

Apr 21, 2005 at 6:10 AM Post #9 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by gords
I've spoken to 3 members who own the ES3s. Two of them own the UE-10s and Sensas as well and they both say they like the ES3s the best.

Damn...two people own all three and aren't sharing their thoughts with the forum. That sucks....I bet they have a lot of insight that could help people pick a custom IEM for their needs.

Why did the people like the ES3 better?

Apr 21, 2005 at 6:34 AM Post #10 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by gord
edit

i'm sorry....what? where are these people?

edit: be careful with your posts gords.
biggrin.gif

Apr 21, 2005 at 7:03 AM Post #11 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by toaster22
i'm sorry....what? where are these people?

here's an ES3 review for you

Apr 21, 2005 at 7:28 AM Post #13 of 24
e01dde99.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back